Magical wrestlers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Although he wasn't big, the sorcery, dark prince business was done 10-15 years before Taker, his name was Kevin Sullivan.
That was done in a mainstream promotion at that time?

Plus, honestly, I didn't watch much wrestling from back in the day, nor do I know much about the wrestlers so I wouldn't be the right person to ask
You call me a moron, yet when I ask a question, you cannot answer it. How ironic. You're lucky Enzo was here.

Reaction score
That was done in a mainstream promotion at that time?
There weren't really mainstream promotions in the early 80's, just big territories. Kevin Sullivan used that character to massive success in Florida, one of the biggest and successful territories, and in the Memphis territory. He was basically the top heel in Florida, working with the likes of Blackjack Mulligan, Barry Windham, Bruiser Brody and especially Dusty Rhodes. He even had a Ministry with some cool characters,especially Mark Lewin, who for my money played the crazy maniac character as well as anyone ever did.

You're lucky Enzo was here.
All you motherfuckers are lucky I'm here. :)

Reaction score
There weren't really mainstream promotions in the early 80's, just big territories. Kevin Sullivan used that character to massive success in Florida, one of the biggest and successful territories, and in the Memphis territory. He was basically the top heel in Florida, working with the likes of Blackjack Mulligan, Barry Windham, Bruiser Brody and especially Dusty Rhodes. He even had a Ministry with some cool characters,especially Mark Lewin, who for my money played the crazy maniac character as well as anyone ever did.
You proved your point.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
These cartoon gimmicks are dead now. Plain and simple. The only reason the fans take Undertaker and Kane seriously is because of what they did for the WWE and their longevity with the company. I NEVER want to see another person adapt Undertaker or Kanes gimmicks. That just shows me that the gimmicks aren't one of a kind. Be your own man, don't jock somebody else.

I don't see that happening. Not with the PG movement in full effect. The way people get over in the E is crazy now a days. Chris Masters wasn't getting any type of reaction til he made his tits bounce. Hornswaggle gets one of the best face reactions. Kozlof got his best reaction by dancing. You think cartoon character type characters are gone? Wait til Taker is gone.

andy31652

Reaction score
I think we will still see some 'magic gimmicks' come into WWE as long as they are passably realistic... firing flames from fingers just won't flow anymore. Stuff like the Bogeyman will still work as its weird