Magical wrestlers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I'm getting the feeling that this Undertaker angle will lead to his retirement match, and even if it doesn't, we all know he won't be around for much longer. Which begs the question: will any supernatural gimmicks come along and actually stick for as long as his has? For his and Kane's careers we've seen them act like they can teleport and summon lightning bolts and whatnot. Do you think any new guys will ever be given such a supernatural gimmick, and if they do, do yo think it'll get over as well as Undertaker and Kane have?

Reaction score
These cartoon gimmicks are dead now. Plain and simple. The only reason the fans take Undertaker and Kane seriously is because of what they did for the WWE and their longevity with the company. I NEVER want to see another person adapt Undertaker or Kanes gimmicks. That just shows me that the gimmicks aren't one of a kind. Be your own man, don't jock somebody else.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
^ you my friend are a moron.

I saw a post just like this not to long ago. Every body in wrestling has adopted some flavor, or ideas for their gimmick from someone else. Flair wasn't original, neither was The Rock. The Undertaker wasn't original either, how many monster wrestlers do you think hit the ring before he even debuted? The only original characters that have came up in the past decade or so, have been SCSA, John Cena, and Hornswaggle. And Horns wasn't even that original, because we've had a handful of midget wrestlers come and go.

Reaction score
Sigh.

Read please. I said CARTOON GIMMICKS are dead now. Not characters like Flair or the Rock.

The Undertaker wasn't original either, how many monster wrestlers do you think hit the ring before he even debuted?
Please tell me what big man took on the gimmick like The Undertaker before Mark Calloway came on the scene, please.

The only original characters that have came up in the past decade or so, have been SCSA, John Cena, and Hornswaggle. And Horns wasn't even that original, because we've had a handful of midget wrestlers come and go.
I guess I said something that pertains to SCSA, John Cena, or Hornswoggle.

Learn to read before bashing others opinions.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
That just shows me that the gimmicks aren't one of a kind. Be your own man, don't jock somebody else.

Yeah, exactly.

Hardly any gimmicks are one of a kind.

-TJ-

Reaction score
So... cartoon gimmicks won't work in PG Television that focuses on kids? >.<

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
They would work. I gurrantee you if you portray Michael Tarver as a monster who attacks people, the kids would hate him.

John Cena is portrayed as a superhero, inadvertedly.

I also feel though, if we come up with another Hurricane-esque guy, that a lot of the fans won't appreciate the clear rip off, but then again, a lot of the fans probably wouldn't know who The Hurricane is.

Reaction score
All you guys talking about rip off gimmicks makes me think of how the WWE is making Jack Swagger use the ankle lock... a submission hold synonymous with Kurt Angle in the USA

Reaction score
Yeah, exactly.

Hardly any gimmicks are one of a kind.

Please read the preceeding sentence.

I NEVER want to see another person adapt Undertaker or Kanes gimmicks. That just shows me that the gimmicks aren't one of a kind

Actually Kane's and Taker's gimmicks are one of a kind genius. You've still failed to name me a wrestler who had a gimmick like Taker's before Callaway came to the WWE.

Yeah, exactly.

Reaction score
I would like to see another "dark, psychological" type of character (think of early Goldust, Jake Roberts or Mankind), but I guess that's not "TV PG" either.

The Supernatural thing can be done again, however, it should be less theatrical, and more based on vignettes and promos.

Pat Patterson

Banned
Reaction score
Wrestling is a show. The Undertaker is one of the most phenomenal wrestlers and showmen to grace the squared circle, and it is an honor to call him a friend. What he does in the ring, no man can do like he does. From his wrestling to his theatricality. There will never be an Undertaker again, ergo wishing him away or wishing no one tries to copy him is irrelevant because he is one of a kind.

What he and Shawn did at WrestleMania made this old diva cry. I wept. It was a thing of beauty.

Reaction score
Please tell me what big man took on the gimmick like The Undertaker before Mark Calloway came on the scene, please.
Although he wasn't big, the sorcery, dark prince business was done 10-15 years before Taker, his name was Kevin Sullivan.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
How are Kane & Taker's gimmicks one of a kind? They entered the business as monsters, and shit. How many monsters have their been in the professional wrestling business?

Around that time, Giant Gonzalez, Andre The Giant, King Kong Bundy, and Kevin Sullivan to name a few. Taker' and Kane were just another pair of monsters, with added swerve. Then, they got creative and linked them to be brothers or what not. Plus, honestly, I didn't watch much wrestling from back in the day, nor do I know much about the wrestlers so I wouldn't be the right person to ask, but as Enzo pointed out, there have been stars before these two that portrayed the dark prince, monster guy gimmick.

-TJ-

Reaction score
He was talking about the Undertaker's dark prince, sorcery, grim reaper type gimmick. Not the monster big guy. Although Enzo kind of pointed out that the gimmick was done. Undertaker just excelled in it. Also Kane's isn't really THAT original. Brother out for revenge... They just added the sorcery of fire so Kane can be a threat to Undertaker in a kayfabe mind. Taker may be the deadman, but Kane shoots fire out of random places. >.<