Mafia General Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Showtime

Reaction score
If you guys want to experiment with that I say give it a try, but from what I’ve seen especially this past month is that when the high activity players aren’t around to make those ridiculous post counts, the games just die and become a complete slog to play or read etc etc.

The lower activity players don’t typically step up their posting just because the game becomes “easier to read.” If anything, it gives them even less to respond to so they retreat even further. The higher activity players typically move the phases forward and force those players to occasionally interact with something/one.

I’m not playing right now anyway and neither is Jeff so now would be the time to give the caps a try, though.

(For the record, I also love looking at the games list seeing games hit nearly 5K posts from an owner view.)

i agree with this, but you shouldn't need more than 100 to do that.

the issue, again, is when it goes far past that because the reasoning is often never ending back and forth that no one wants to read.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Ace

Reaction score
I would say I take feedback better as a host than a player lol, It's the whole point of hosting imo. My goal is to try to make my games as fun and fair as possible.

@Showtime @CraigPelton You guys have any thoughts on the above set-up suggestion? I know you guys like to play but don't want to have to shovel through so many posts.
Just to be clear I wasn't taking a shot at you at all here, I have no doubt you'd take feedback well.

T-Pein™

Festive T-Pein™
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
JohnHunter4
Interest check:

A smaller Mafia game between 13-15 players that has no night posting aside from Mafia in their QT and a max posting limit for each player during day (I'm thinking 50)

Why I think this would be good:

It would make Mafia feel like less of a commitment and people couldn't flood the thread with too many posts (like myself) making it harder for others to catch-up. No night posting means people can chill out during the entire phase. A smaller playercount also means games would be ran and filled much faster.

Interested to hear any thoughts, I know @Poyser liked the idea of no night chat. I'd be down to co-design a smaller set-up with these mechanics with somebody to run after my Line of Duty game or before then, I don't mind. As an experiment. I doubt it'd be hard to design such a set-up and I could easily think of a theme.

This is how they do it where I am from,
I get to sleep and not worry about mafia for 24 hrs..

T-Pein™

Festive T-Pein™
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
JohnHunter4
oh and also there is no hammer vote.
You have to run the day for the whole 24 hrs.

vote end day

when there is 5 or so people left.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Just to be clear I wasn't taking a shot at you at all here, I have no doubt you'd take feedback well.

I know you weren't, Ace. You're good. For the record, you took on feedback incredibly well in the last game. I look forward to you hosting again, I'm sure it'll be great and I'll play :WOW

Reactions: Ace

Alco

Reaction score
I don't mind the no-night posting experiment, tbh. But you'd indeed have to make it so that people in other timezones are not negatively impacted, so that might mean 24h or 30h days by default.

I wouldn't install a post count limit because it seems difficult to monitor and how will you as a host enforce it?

I welcome these suggestions though. Time to shake things up!

Showtime

Reaction score
I don't mind the no-night posting experiment, tbh. But you'd indeed have to make it so that people in other timezones are not negatively impacted, so that might mean 24h or 30h days by default.

I wouldn't install a post count limit because it seems difficult to monitor and how will you as a host enforce it?

I welcome these suggestions though. Time to shake things up!
We could do DEADLINE lynches

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I’ve said it before and I’ll say again no one needs to post at night and no one should feel the need to read at night. If you’re on and it’s nighttime and you want to chill and watch a movie feel free. Check in once every 4-6 hours to see if day’s been posted and that’s it.

I’ve done it a few times. Because there’s nothing to do at night so there’s zero pressure to do anything, either.

Showtime

Reaction score
I’ve said it before and I’ll say again no one needs to post at night and no one should feel the need to read at night. If you’re on and it’s nighttime and you want to chill and watch a movie feel free. Check in once every 4-6 hours to see if day’s been posted and that’s it.

I’ve done it a few times. Because there’s nothing to do at night so there’s zero pressure to do anything, either.
i mean if you missed the whole day phase you probably should say something at night

or if you think you're going to die. we do have night posting explicitly because people might miss day due to our majority hammers.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
i mean if you missed the whole day phase you probably should say something at night

or if you think you're going to die. we do have night posting explicitly because people might miss day due to our majority hammers.
Sure, but that's also a point for not removing night posts. Cuz then you wouldn't be allowed to post at night after missing the whole day phase.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I think you missed what I was trying to do. My post was pro night posting.

I was just saying for the people that want breaks at night, they can voluntarily just take that break.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
The responses to this suggestion has been great, I appreciate everyone that has chimed in. I'll probably leave this idea in the backburner for now based on the feedback.

Unless somebody else wants to take it upon themselves to try it, not sure if I'm the right choice to host it.

From what I'm gathering, night posting is kinda needed for this section and is a staple for us, so it might just make it harder for some people to play removing it entirely. I don't want people to feel even more put off from playing. I will keep hammering home that I think people should look in to set-ups between 13-15 players. Just so they fill easier and probably a lot more simple for hosts to keep track of.

My latest one I finished writing up is 16 players, and I'm going to adjust that when I host another set-up to suit a much more smaller playerlist.

Reactions: CraigPelton