Mafia General Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
no i mean per phase, 100 per phase lol.

Oh, I'm confused then lol

100 per phase is not reachable for most people throughout the entire game, in Dr. Who there was only 4 of us who reached that milestone. My post count of over nearly 400 is, well, yeah :mj4

I know it'd benefit me to slow down a bit.

I suggested the post limit because it would make the game more readable for all players. So players such as myself couldn't rack up an absurd amount of posts early on and had to post more strategically. Thus making the pace of the game a bit slower and more readable.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Actually, I think I know what you might mean now.

Are you talking about the post count combined by all players each day? So the 100 posts is made up by everybody posting per phase. That sort of deal?

That would be a little harder to keep track of and warn people not to exceed it, but definitely something that could be considered.

Showtime

Reaction score
no i literally mean 100 posts per phase total for one player.

the issue isn't the players that get to 100 posts in a single phase.

the issue is the players that get over that in a phase and end up making 300 posts in a phase. there's not many people that hit the over 100+ posts mark as it is, but the ones that do end up doing so excessively, which is the problem.

like t-pein had 150 posts in 8 hours. that's just absurd, cap him at a 100 and it's much less of a problem.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I got you.

It really comes down to what you guys are looking for, really.

I would say 100 posts by a player is still quite a lot in a day, even I'd probably struggle to reach that.

I think T-Pein is a rare case in the section and not something we see often. I do agree having a cap of 100 posts people can't exceed would be good, though. Just to totally eliminate those scenarios. I think the only issue would be the first day, you kind of have to fluff and post random stuff to get shit going.

There is a big difference between a 13 player game and an 16-18 player one, so I'm underestimating the overall activity difference. The more active players would make up for that, but not go overboard with the limit.

Showtime

Reaction score
1619637654058.png

Like using this game as an example, it got to 4.6k posts, which is a lot! But most players kept up decently well, but just the top 3 people have 48% of a 4.6k game and jeff alone had ~25%. At a certain point it's just redundancy entirely to have that many posts. I get prodding and stuff is apart of it, like pushing a guy for a level of back and forth, but endless back and forth go nowhere.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
View attachment 9316

Like using this game as an example, it got to 4.6k posts, which is a lot! But most players kept up decently well, but just the top 3 people have 48% of a 4.6k game and jeff alone had ~25%. At a certain point it's just redundancy entirely to have that many posts. I get prodding and stuff is apart of it, like pushing a guy for a level of back and forth, but endless back and forth go nowhere.

Holy shit :lol

That seems like one of those crazy games that is an oddity. I know we used to have them in WF sometimes where it was reaching highs of 4-5K. I hated those ones! I feel like games are usually between 1-2K, obviously depends on how fast scum are got as well.

I have only been back for two games, so obviously never seen Jeff play. That's a crazy amount of posts. I don't feel so bad about my 300 or so now lol

Anyways, I'm down to try this game in the future. People know I enjoy hosting more than playing, so doing these experimental type games with post limits and so forth would be good to try. Smaller games are not a bad thing, and we probably are being very ambitious when we plan some of these bigger games. I'm starting to feel like my game I have ready now at 16 players is too much, unless everyone is up for a game. You know what I mean? 13 players seems like it'd be good.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
If you guys want to experiment with that I say give it a try, but from what I’ve seen especially this past month is that when the high activity players aren’t around to make those ridiculous post counts, the games just die and become a complete slog to play or read etc etc.

The lower activity players don’t typically step up their posting just because the game becomes “easier to read.” If anything, it gives them even less to respond to so they retreat even further. The higher activity players typically move the phases forward and force those players to occasionally interact with something/one.

I’m not playing right now anyway and neither is Jeff so now would be the time to give the caps a try, though.

(For the record, I also love looking at the games list seeing games hit nearly 5K posts from an owner view.)

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
If you guys want to experiment with that I say give it a try, but from what I’ve seen especially this past month is that when the high activity players aren’t around to make those ridiculous post counts, the games just die and become a complete slog to play or read etc etc.

The lower activity players don’t typically step up their posting just because the game becomes “easier to read.” If anything, it gives them even less to respond to so they retreat even further. The higher activity players typically move the phases forward and force those players to occasionally interact with something/one.

It really depends how you view it. I know the game feeling like a slog can be boring, but not feeling like I have to be checking the thread constantly throughout the day is also a nice thing. I don't sign up to every game because it's a massive commitment, and there's a certain expectation attached for me to put in an active and post heavy performance. I set that own standard myself, so I only blame myself for that :hoganjam

I wish I had a more casual playstyle and didn't feel obliged to read everything. People that don't top out over 100 posts in the entire game and still catch scum, I envy it, I'd prefer to be that way. It was nice to win an MVP in the last game, but there is no way I could always play to such a degree.

I'm just trying to introduce some new ideas tbh, if I'm not playing I could at least try and come up with new things to help the section idk lol. Even if I don't do it myself, it gives people something to think about for future games. I do think smaller set-ups are a good idea, it's just balancing them.

Reactions: Poyser