Mafia General Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Imagine a downright terrible fuck up you can do to get your whole team caught, think about all the shit you'll get postgame. And then laugh at it preemptively bc it's mafia and even if that worst case scenario happens it's all in good fun and the memes that come from it will be funny anyway

try your best and play properly, to be sure, but try to remember no one is really judging you, theyll think the same of you after the game as they didbefore

Nobody is going to give you shit (unless your fuck up comes from a complete lack of effort) and everyone will just laugh along with you

Good points.

giphy.gif

I actually think I've got a bit better at laughing at myself post-game. I used to kick myself for days, but this game I just finished I knew I made a good effort even if my reads weren't anything special.

I would say people know I try in these games, as I don't ever sign-up for a Mafia game out of habit. I think I associate posting more with playing better, when I could probably cut that number way down and gather my thoughts/reads better. I notice you don't post as much as me Odo, but you do better because you talk more when it matters.

Honestly I wouldn't mind making a new Town meta for myself to get out of this high postcount box I put myself in.

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Im usually fairly active, but a big part of the game as any alignment is not just to cook a nice meal, but make sure your guests can actually eat it too. Ideally, I dont want people to have to wade through 850 posts of shite when i can be assertive in short sharp bursts.

Sometimes that plan goes off the rails, such as the game previous to this :heston

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
If only you were proficient with your blade, you could’ve ended both of our pain much sooner

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
it was part of the perfect balance to ensure towns only killing role was pants i guess

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Im usually fairly active, but a big part of the game as any alignment is not just to cook a nice meal, but make sure your guests can actually eat it too. Ideally, I dont want people to have to wade through 850 posts of shite when i can be assertive in short sharp bursts.

Sometimes that plan goes off the rails, such as the game previous to this :heston

I waffle too much. I'll say essentially the same point multiple times, and I think it's like a mental thing where I'm padding my post count for the sake of it. Been going through my posts in the last game, they are fine, but most didn't need to be there.

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
I waffle too much. I'll say essentially the same point multiple times, and I think it's like a mental thing where I'm padding my post count for the sake of it. Been going through my posts in the last game, they are fine, but most didn't need to be there.

that in itself isnt a bad thing. Lots of posts isnt a bad thing, if theyre relevant. Ill read relevant content all day

At the end of the day, your style is your style. If you want to be more efficient, just post less and stand by what you do post

T-Pein™

Festive T-Pein™
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
JohnHunter4
I do not think about it that much.
I am mafia or town.
Not stressful because T-Pein is T-Pein.
People understand that I play the same.
alignment doesnt matter & they will try and vote me out.
Been there done that.
I have never made it to end of game as town.
I always get vigged/lynched or mafia killed...

Rd55008fa9da6f50f31842b01e50209d9.jpeg

Just remember its a game for fun and no one will hate you irl.
Although I trigger a lot of peeps with my pushes sometimes.. but its all part of the game.

Alco

Reaction score
I'm sure the anxiety will never fully fade away, TFW, but I hope it doesn't prevent you from playing more. We're a bunch of useless sacks of bones, but dang it, at the end of the day, even more so we're a bunch of :pals:

Just try to always remember that within the context of a game, in the heat of the moment, an insult or two may be thrown around, but it's never personal and never with malicious intent. As funny as it may sound, we really want to be an open and welcoming community and I hope you'll become an integral part of it for the foreseeable future!

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Yeah that’s another thing to keep in mind too. I mean I’m sure everybody will be on best behaviour when it comes to you but I also know the thread sometimes can just feel very hostile and insults will be flying. Shit does happen in the heat of the game but outside of the game we just let it slide under the bridge and kinda consider ourselves somewhat of a family and all is forgotten. A good example will be read some of the shite me and Odo said to each other last game :bosque but as soon as we died in the game it was pretty much over and forgotten about.

• Haha

Evans

I can be your long lost pal
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
The fact I came back and get along with these folks again is proof enough that it’s a good group @The Fourth Wall.

Im not sure im in a place to give mafia tips after my duelling performance last game :bosque and I’m sure I speak for everyone here but if you ever want/need a chat drop me a message man :)

I’ll be asking you for your opinion on Sunday for Line of Duty!

• Love

Alco

Reaction score
Just put Odo and Poyser on ignore when they're in a game together and your mental sanity will be safeguarded :garrett

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
If you doubt yourself, it's all good, you can just leave and have faith that the right outcome will prevail