• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mafia General Discussion

Ace

I won't disagree having your game looked over is a good thing, even experienced hosts can benefit from it. I wouldn't ever want to be on the Approved list as I value a second opinion more than my own when it comes to set-up balance.

I just think people need to chill with the unnecessary comments. Especially when someone is clearly uncomfortable with it. These games are meant to be fun, Mafia isn't that deep.
I mean for sure I'll concede that some of the sexual posts were out of order.

A couple games back Juice started accusing people of being racists and nazis and shit for making what were clearly jokes and I think both sides unraveled from there.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
The problem here wasn't just about the setup though. I think comments about the setup were fine and most were advice/suggestions but she took issue with us daring to suggest her game wasn't balanced (even though it was completely broken) and took offence to it. The reason it got out of hand was other issues such as her problems with rugrat/cp, then odo and now me lol

Odo

Avert thine eyes
I mean I didn’t do anything to her, other than say her game sucked, and she took the time to write a poem in retaliation so all in the game

CraigPelton

Dean of Greendale Community College / Pals Era Pioneer
As soon as my game is over - I won't be taking part in any further games or hosting from this moment onwards. The grotesque sexual comments my way, as well as the continued Nazi / Semitic comments directed by way in the QTs will be the main reason. Making comments about jizzing on someone or reference the holocaust isn't funny - it just twisted and sick. And for all the people that have defended the actions of a number of individuals. Shame on you at this point.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Anyone got any tips on how I can be less stressed when playing Mafia? Imagine you're on your PC and you open up task manager, I'm the CPU but always at 100%. From game start to end. Even whilst offline. It's insane. My brain is constantly evaluating reads and shit when I'm town, when I'm scum it's usually imagining how every post could be perceived a certain way. I know from experience, you tend to gloss over more as a town player, as you don't have the benefit of info.

Obviously I have not been shy about my anxiety issues and mental health, but surely I can think of this as a game it would really solve things. I don't feel this way when I play other games. Just Mafia.

I've thought about changing up my playstyle slightly. Being a lot more laxed, not trying to be top poster or doing everything all the time. Only make posts when I actually feel I need to. Only vote when I need to. Sheep more if people have good reads and I evaluate them and agree. I realise this sounds like I'm downgrading my play, but it would make it less serious feeling for me. I have noticed other players change up their play. I have put myself in this box of always having to put in high energy gameplay with a ton of interactions, posts and it is easier to get burned out.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Imagine a downright terrible fuck up you can do to get your whole team caught, think about all the shit you'll get postgame. And then laugh at it preemptively bc it's mafia and even if that worst case scenario happens it's all in good fun and the memes that come from it will be funny anyway

Odo

Avert thine eyes
the only reason i get dragged into blu e fights is because im too competitive, but in reality these games are just a laugh

Odo

Avert thine eyes
try your best and play properly, to be sure, but try to remember no one is really judging you, theyll think the same of you after the game as they didbefore

Poyser

Pathological Liar
I don’t have many tips for avoiding stress as scum because I get pretty stressed as scum as well, as town it helped me a lot when I stopped trying to read everything multiple times and stop looking for the scum motivation in every post and stopped trying to be right and prove myself right all the time because in reality nobody is right all the time. If you’re right more than 50% of the time even then you’re in the upper echelon of tier 1. Everybody is wrong, and nobody cares. Even if you massively fuck up and feel down at the time (I’ve been there) it’s kinda just trying to realise that in a day you’re not gonna give a fuck at all and you’ll just be laughing about it. I got caught on D1 as scum a few times which was a huge shot to the pride of course but I stopped caring way before the game was even over. Like Odo says, it’s just a laugh. Nobody is going to give you shit (unless your fuck up comes from a complete lack of effort) and everyone will just laugh along with you