Mafia 2K24: (Fuck) The Revival - Signups

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
What is Mafia? Basic Rules
  • Put simply, Mafia is a game where an uninformed majority (called the Town) try to identify and vote out an informed minority (called the Mafia). This means the Mafia know who else is Mafia, but the Town don't know who else is Town. The Mafia is trying to stop Town from voting them out by killing members of the Town.
  • There are two basic phases: Day and Night. After a Night finishes, the next Day begins, and so on until the end.
  • Day is when the discussion happens. Everyone gets together in the thread, and has some time to debate, and vote who they think is Mafia. if someone reaches a majority of the vote, they are eliminated and become dead (this is traditionally called the "lynch", but some communities dislike this term due to its racial history, honestly it's whatever to me if you want to use it or not).
  • During Night, no discussion happens in the thread. Mafia will choose between them a player to kill. The chosen player will die on that Night. IMPORTANT NOTE for those familiar with Mafia: this means there is no Night posting in this edition.
  • Some players have special roles, which allow them to perform a certain action, usually at Night.
  • Players' true identities will be revealed after they die.
  • Mafia will have a separate chat that they can use at any time, even at night.
This Game

This game will use the semi-open "NewD3" setup. For more detailed information on this setup, see here, but I will try to explain.

Before the game begins, I will use random dice rolls to decide one row 1-3 and one column A-C from the table below. These will be used to determine three of the roles involved in the game: 2 Town roles and 1 Mafia role. 1 of the other roles will be a Mafia Goon. The other five will be Vanilla Townies.

Column A
Roleblocker
Column B
Role Cop
Column C
Goon
Row 1Cop
Doctor
Tracker
Friendly Neighbour
Cop
Vanilla Townie
Row 2Jailkeeper
Tracker
Jailkeeper
Friendly Neighbour
Jailkeeper
Vanilla Townie
Row 3Mason
Mason
Tracker
Doctor
Mason
Mason

A quick explanation of what those roles do.
  • Vanilla Townie - A member of the Town with no special role.
  • Goon - A member of the Mafia with no special role.
  • Cop - Target a player each Night; you will be informed whether or not your target is part of the Mafia.
  • Doctor - Target a player each Night; your target cannot be killed that Night.
  • Jailkeeper - Target a player each Night; your target cannot be killed that Night, but they will be prevented from performing their action.
  • Tracker - Target a player each Night; you will be informed whom your target visited, if any, but not what they did.
  • Friendly Neighbour - Target a player each Night; your target will be told that you are part of the Town.
  • Mason - There are two Masons. They will have a chat that they can use together, even at Night. The Masons can always trust that each other are Town.
  • Roleblocker - Target a player each Night; your target will be prevented from performing their action that Night.
  • Role Cop - Target a player each Night; you will be informed what your target's role is.
Not all of these roles will be in the game; this is determined by the dice rolls. No roles that are not in the table will appear in this game.

Help

I am willing to answer any hypothetical regarding the mechanics of this game. I will not explicitly identify members' alignment unless that is your role, but I will provide a few nudges on certain subtleties of the game.

If you have any questions about how this setup works, please ask.

Player List

For this game, I am explicitly trying to draw players who have less or no experience with the game, so people can get used to it. I want to create a new culture here, without the toxicity. If you're regularly playing Mafia on other sites, this isn't the game for you.

1. T'Challa
  2. Deadd2009
  3. Barry
  4. Blaine
  5. Looch
  6. Storm Trooper
  7. Wang
  8. Tig
  9. TBD
Subs:
  1. Blaze

Last edited:
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
good luck Sky, genuinely wishing new ppl sign up and begin a new, better era, without me or other toxic ppl. go crush it :)

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I’ll think it over, but honestly I’m just to the point where I kinda wanna keep my record of only ever dying during a night phase :heston I’ve played a few games, never been lynched and that’s something I hold onto.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
I’ll think it over, but honestly I’m just to the point where I kinda wanna keep my record of only ever dying during a night phase :heston I’ve played a few games, never been lynched and that’s something I hold onto.
First time for everything huh Blaze?

Let me know when you make up your mind I'd love to have you around

T’Challa

Reaction score
I'm still about lurking a bit around here. Just waiting.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Eh, sure, why not.

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
I'll pop in too, starting to have fun again, having a more casual game would defo help

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yeah. My mental state right now is where I could have days i don’t wanna be around, so i probably shouldn’t commit to anything tbh

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yeah. My mental state right now is where I could have days i don’t wanna be around, so i probably shouldn’t commit to anything tbh
I can understand that.
I've been working 930-5p lately. Updating supply prices and company on Gas/Electric bills for dif clients

T’Challa

Reaction score
You'd certainly be welcomed to this
Thanks yeah count me in. I just been refreshing this page the odd day to see if there anymore people joining.

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
200w.gif

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
How long do these games normally take? Days? Weeks? Months?