Mad Men

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

nation

Reaction score
Season 5 is finally coming next month after more than a year of hiatus thanks to difficult negotiations. I love Mad Men, seen all of the previous seasons. It's as good as people say but critic wise it's a little overrated(somehow winning an emmy for all of it's seasons over Breaking Bad). Personally, I like Breaking Bad more but Mad Men is much more complex and broad while Breaking Bad is deep and focused. So I'd say they are equally great shows that share the award for best television show.

Both shows have grown into huge audiences which is well earned for both of them while certain other shows like Walking Dead get a large audience for their hype and mass media appeal so I sure respect the hell out of them. Thanks to these two shows, AMC now is the best network for original shows.

Mad Men definitely isn't for everyone though and it takes time to get into/used too. It will make you look Blue when you first start watching it and you aren't picking up on things and understanding it but really it's because it's not like society is now. It takes place during the 60's and the show perfectly captures that. Eventually though you will understand it and once you understand the presentation you will really enjoy and love it. So any confusion will be gone once you learn and understand what Mad Men is. I understand it all after the first season so if you still don't get it after that, then you should get worried.

If you have ADHD or any shit like that, definitely not the show you want to watch.

But I'll wrap up and say that again while I don't think Mad Men deserves an emmy for each of it's seasons(no show is that good) it still is in the top 3 best shows still going now. I love it. The whole golden age of advertising vibe is interesting, all of the characters have character development despite how the show has such a large cast(with an advertising agency that's kinda expected but it's something to say how well they manage to develop so many characters).
The humor is hilarious once you understand the show, the characters are completely real, the presentation is flawlessly realized and it's a deep complex show that makes you actually fucking think.

It's also educational too! Not only will you learn about how life was back then but Don Draper teaches you everything you need to know about women.