M3GAN (2023)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
m3gan-M3G_Tsr1Sheet20_RGB_2_rgb.jpg

Release Date: January 13, 2023
A robotics engineer at a toy company builds a life-like doll that begins to take on a life of its own.​

• Wow
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
More details:
She’s more than just a toy. She’s part of the family. Produced by Blumhouse and James Wan (Saw, Insidious, The Conjuring, Malignant), the tech horror movie M3GAN is headed to theaters next January, and the absolutely WILD official trailer has been uploaded today.

Allison Williams (Get Out, The Perfection) will both star in and executive produce the Blumhouse horror movie M3GAN, arriving in theaters on January 13, 2023.

M3GAN looks to put a fresh spin on Child’s Play by introducing a doll that’s the size of an actual child, and this one looks bonkers in all the right ways. We smell another horror hit!

M3GAN is a marvel of artificial intelligence, a life-like doll programmed to be a child’s greatest companion and a parent’s greatest ally. Designed by brilliant toy-company roboticist Gemma (Get Out’s Allison Williams), M3GAN can listen and watch and learn as she becomes friend and teacher, playmate and protector, for the child she is bonded to.

When Gemma suddenly becomes the caretaker of her orphaned 8-year-old niece, Cady (Violet McGraw, The Haunting of Hill House), Gemma’s unsure and unprepared to be a parent. Under intense pressure at work, Gemma decides to pair her M3GAN prototype with Cady in an attempt to resolve both problems—a decision that will have unimaginable consequences.

Produced by Jason Blum and James Wan, M3GAN is directed by award-winning filmmaker Gerard Johnstone (Housebound), from a screenplay by Akela Cooper (Malignant, The Nun 2) based on a story by Akela Cooper and James Wan.

The film also stars Ronny Chieng (Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings), Brian Jordan Alvarez (Will & Grace), Jen Van Epps (Cowboy Bebop), Lori Dungey (The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, extended edition) and Stephane Garneau-Monten (Straight Forward).

Universal Pictures and Blumhouse present an Atomic Monster production in association with Divide/Conquer. The film’s executive producers are Allison Williams, Mark Katchur, Ryan Turek, Michael Clear, Judson Scott, Adam Hendricks and Greg Gilreath.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
She's a mix of Chucky/Esther/and Ava from Ex Machina love it!

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
She's a mix of Chucky/Esther/and Ava from Ex Machina love it!
Yeah this looks very interesting indeed. Also I was glad to see the actress out of Get Out, I've enjoyed her performances in everything I've seen her in so far.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I don't even want to watch the trailer. From the picture, WTF IS THAT THING!?

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I just watched this and I will say that with M3GAN you get what you expect, and you can’t ask for more than that imo. It’s a campy good time and it doesn’t take itself seriously. This movie does what it wants, and it does that well, especially within the parameters of a PG-13 rating.

Definitely recommend.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
This movie was a complete blast from start to finish. Such a wild ride and M3gan definitely gives Chucky a run for his money with the creativeness of the kills & her personality. So good. I really enjoyed Allison Williams as I normally do in most of her roles, and I was really impressed with Violet McGraw's performance in this. Closing act was great, I especially liked the Bruce robot coming in to play. Thought that was so dope.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
@Jimmy King Figured you may be interested in this news. Should be fun to see how the Unrated version differs. :mark:

f4e43112-8096-448f-8197-3867fd10.jpg

Released into theaters with a PG-13 rating, we had been hearing than an Unrated version of box office hit M3GAN was on the way, and indeed it has been officially announced today.

M3GAN arrives on Digital February 24 and on Blu-ray & DVD March 21 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, including the Theatrical Version and the Unrated Edition!

Writer Akela Cooper had revealed to Los Angeles Times last month that the original rated “R” incarnation of the film was a bit different. For starters, it was “way gorier.”

“No shade to Universal, love them, and I understand that once the trailer went viral, teenagers got involved and you want them to be able to see it,” Cooper explained to the outlet.

She continued, “There should be an unrated version at some point … I heard it is on the books. But yes, it was way gorier. Her body count in the script was higher than in the movie. It wasn’t a Gabriel [in Malignant]-scale massacre, but she did kill a bunch more people, including a couple of characters whom James [Wan] was like, “I like what you did with those people, but I want them to live.” I was merciless, but again, that is me. My humor is extremely dark.”

EXCLUSIVE BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL:
  • A New Vision of Horror – Filmmakers and cast break down how the world of M3GAN was created, including the initial idea, through production under the leadership of director Gerard Johnstone
  • Bringing Life to M3GAN – See how animatronics, puppets, and actor Amie Donald helped make M3GAN as real as possible
  • Getting Hacked – A behind-the-scenes look at how cast and crew accomplished some of the film’s complex stunts and gory deaths
M3GAN has proven to be a massive hit in theaters, thus far scaring up $167 million at the worldwide box office. $91 million of that total was made in the United States alone.

And yes, a sequel is on the way. It’s titled M3GAN 2.0, releasing in 2025!

M3GAN is a marvel of artificial intelligence, a life-like doll programmed to be a child’s greatest companion and a parent’s greatest ally. Designed by brilliant toy-company roboticist Gemma (Get Out’s Allison Williams), M3GAN can listen and watch and learn as she becomes friend and teacher, playmate and protector, for the child she is bonded to.

When Gemma suddenly becomes the caretaker of her orphaned 8-year-old niece, Cady (Violet McGraw, The Haunting of Hill House), Gemma’s unsure and unprepared to be a parent. Under intense pressure at work, Gemma decides to pair her M3GAN prototype with Cady in an attempt to resolve both problems—a decision that will have unimaginable consequences.

Produced by Jason Blum and James Wan, M3GAN is directed by award-winning filmmaker Gerard Johnstone (Housebound), from a screenplay by Akela Cooper (Malignant, The Nun 2) based on a story by Akela Cooper and James Wan.

• Love
Reactions: Jimmy King

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Oh, this is exciting news! I’ll definitely be picking this up.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I'm only interested in the Unrated Cut, PG-13 horror doesn't cut it for me.