Lovecraft Country on HBO

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

HBO legit might own the World with new Shows this Year and last Year for real. Peele and Abrams together now come to the fucking Dance floor people!​

Reactions: Keith

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
:bootynods

Looks pretty lit, ngl. I'm a huge Lovecraft fanatic so I might watch anyways to see what they do with his world.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
HBO, plus Abrams, Peele and the subject means it will be at least wroth a look.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

My review of the pilot which spoiler I thought was awesome :mark:

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I just watched Episode 1 and damn this is a smash hit no doubt. I was really patient as I watched this first Episode because nothing was really going on and it was too happy till three of our Characters go on a trip and then the Show went bonkers. The Scene where our Characters have to get out of Town before the Sun goes down was damn intense and you're like yes they are good, then it goes two levels up after that. The ending too had me oh my God I could fall in love with this Show even more than the Outsider! Ps I need me a ride or die Woman like Jurnee Smollett aka Leti!

Reactions: Keith and King Kota

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I just watched Episode 1 and damn this is a smash hit no doubt. I was really patient as I watched this first Episode because nothing was really going on and it was too happy till three of our Characters go on a trip and then the Show went bonkers. The Scene where our Characters have to get out of Town before the Sun goes down was damn intense and you're like yes they are good, then it goes two levels up after that. The ending too had me oh my God I could fall in love with this Show even more than the Outsider! Ps I need me a ride or die Woman like Jurnee Smollett aka Leti!

Yeah was pleased to see her cast. Thought she was great as Black Canary in Birds of Prey too.

I think there was tension throughout the first episode. Just this sense of something bad could happen at any moment. Think they have the period down to a tea. If this keeps the standard up it will top two in my fave TV shows of this year likely. The latest season of Better Call Saul being the other one.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah was pleased to see her cast. Thought she was great as Black Canary in Birds of Prey too.

I think there was tension throughout the first episode. Just this sense of something bad could happen at any moment. Think they have the period down to a tea. If this keeps the standard up it will top two in my fave TV shows of this year likely. The latest season of Better Call Saul being the other one.

So true and now with what has happened to so far they'll never a good nights sleep again.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Just watched the first episode, and really enjoyed it. I will keep watching.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I'm getting caught up with the past few Episodes and I can see especially after watching Episode 2 why Peele got involved. Pretty crazy stuff that is going on in Episode 2 and it's making me think what chaos will happen next. The stuff with the Braithwhite clan, and what was going on Ardham Lodge is going to be interesting how it plays out as I'm about to watch Episode 3 and 4 back to back.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Episode 4 was fantastic. I like how it sort of works as a anthology, but with the same characters and some recurring plot. Got a bit of a Goonie vibe from the lastest episode, but with a more adult horror feel. What I like about the show is how it balancing so many different things and it works. Was only episode 2 I wasn't so keen on.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Episode 4 was fantastic. I like how it sort of works as a anthology, but with the same characters and some recurring plot. Got a bit of a Goonie vibe from the lastest episode, but with a more adult horror feel. What I like about the show is how it balancing so many different things and it works. Was only episode 2 I wasn't so keen on.

Yeah a Goonie's vibe where you thought could we could lose one of our Main Characters in this for real. The ending made both my Mom and I look at each other and say what the F. I can't believe that ending and what it means for Tic and Leti terrifies me if they don't find out the truth stat!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The latest episode was like a eerie Twilight Zone episode. I wondered what where they were going with Ruby's plot from last week but I never expected anything that disturbing or gross o_O Powerful stuff once again. Interesting development with Montrose too.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
The latest episode was like a eerie Twilight Zone episode. I wondered what where they were going with Ruby's plot from last week but I never expected anything that disturbing or gross o_O Powerful stuff once again. Interesting development with Montrose too.

Yeah my Mother and I could barely keep it in during her transformation and the ending too had me oh my God I get it so much with what Christina is doing. Ruby better get away like stat, but I think she's too deep in this muck now. This Week is all Flashback with Tic when he was protecting our country, but clearly it wasn't peaches and cream for him there too. Jamie Chung :trips8

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
A great and fitting finale to my favourite show of 2020 so far. I liked how everyone was bought together and had a key role to play. There was plenty of good drama and stakes. Also there were things set up in the event of a second season. Dee would surely play a bigger role. Also lets not spoil things with details for those who haven't seen it yet.

Check out my review of the finale here

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Awesome Review on the Season Finale with Lovecraft Country. I hope theirs a Season 2 because just like Watchmen I think this Show can go so many ways after what happened in the last Episode. Before I go into spoiler tag mode I will say anything you saw can be reversed especially when you already introduced time travel Episodes before in this World.

Like I said I hope Season 2 happens because Dee is going to play a major role no doubt. You talked about in your Review about how people can use power in the right way or wrong way and she could be one of those Characters that goes the wrong way if she isn't guided in the correct way. I mean this girl has a T-800 Arm now try to say no to this girl and not stop her from losing control at a moment's notice. She has even now Tic's Monster who clearly he passed somehow protect her like you did me so she can destroy anyone she wants to at this point.

I kinda thought from the get go Tic was going to die, but I said Magic and Witchcraft apart of this Show it might be changed just like that. I agree keep him dead because it sets up great things for everyone to go with especially Leti. The sacrifice of one generation to protect the next is the thing that the whole Season has been talking about and you saw it right there.

The Song when the whole gang was singing is called Sh-Boom and it's a really popular song here in the States and I took that Scene of the calm before the Storm. I remember telling my Mom shit is about to go down after this prep for it and of course it did. Now to Leti I think is my MVP and my Actress of the Year with TV because where she came from since the firs Episode to the end is night and day. She's the fourth Charmed one and it showed towards the end fight with Christiana. You have all of that, but the Scene before with her Sister Ruby was so touching a Scene and one of my favs from her this Season as well.

"You know, I know what it(family) is now, and it is not an obligation. It's acceptance. It's a willingness to sacrifice everything that is necessary in order to protect it".

Leti said that and now because of all of this she has lost the Father to her kid and seemly changing herself and everyone around her. I could easily see with her needing to protect her kid as the people Christiana so desperately wanted to be apart coming for them as the gang it trying to protect her. She can easily go with great power comes a big responsibility and it is too much for her to handle and she loses the kid. Still so much to go with in a Season 2 and hopefully a Season 3 if it goes that route so I'll be checking for sure if a Season 2 gets confirmed with this.