Loss of interest???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Seems like since Gabe left, there has been a big loss of interest in ROH. Everyone said before, ROH needs a tv show, but that appears to have backfired. Are you lossing interest in ROH?

I think with Danielson, and Nigel leaving, a lot of the depth of the ROH roster has left. You only have a couple legit main eventers now. The tag team scene is awesome right now, but still seems like ROH is missing something.

What are your thoughts on ROH at the moment?

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
no.. i watch it every week. Only problem here, is that its not long enough.. we need another hour, and get an actual "wrestling" vibe too it. Not too many interesting angles on ROHDNET.. just interviews, promos, random attacks, matches

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I personally have just started watching ROH on HDnet a few weeks ago and I was actually very impressed with all of the big league potential their talent has. There's tons of guys who I think could be a big factor in TNA or WWE.

To answer the thread's question, my opinion is a little different since I've just began watching. I'm not losing interest because I haven't been watching ROH with Nigel and AmDrag weekly, losing AmDrag is a big hit but they're prepared for it. Tons of the talent is ready to make that jump and I'm still entertained by the perfect mix of wrestling and promos.

MizMasta3000

If i could watch it i would. I dont get HD Net I have comcast. I dont have patience for a stream every week

phantomgerald

I honestly cannot take ROH seriously when Ernie Osirius and Grizzly Redwood are taking up airtime. They have got to have more of a real sports entertainment feel instead of just being a wrestling show. Use Cornette more as a face on television.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
ROH's been shit ever since they brought in Takeshi Morishima and completely buried the credibility of Roderick Strong, Erick Stevens, Delirious, Brent Albright and anyone not named Nigel McGuinness or Bryan Danielson. Even though he beat them about half a dozen times each as well.

Delirious, Generico, Steen & Davey Richards should of been main eventing by now like they did in PWG instead of being tag fodder.

Oh, and just because all of your matches are huge 20+ minute spotfests with zero selling or psychology doesn't mean you're the greatest thing since sliced awesome. It's just a more technical version of CZW. Big deal. I hope it dies soon or at least their roster is raided completely by the Big 2.

chessarmy

I don't care about ROH. I used to be a big fan last year, but since then I've lost interest. With Gabe leaving, along with pretty much all the legit ROH main event stars, I just don't see why its worth my time. And yes, we all wanted a ROH TV Show, but I seriously regret ever asking for one. What the hell is ROH on HDNet supposed to be? My sleeping pills? That show bores me to death, sure, it gives us a few memorable main event matches from time to time...but other than that, who the hell cares? Half the roster is gone, there are 0 storylines that capture my interest, its just one big mess.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
I've lost interest in wrestling as a whole, but ROH really hasn't done anything to make me stand up and say "Hey I should go out of my way to see that match." The booking has gone way downhill.

Axis

To be fair, my loss of interested faded well before Gabe left. Nigel's reign of monotony probably had something to do with it.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
ROH has no hype. Gabe would make any match that would normally be crap look amazing on paper, just because of hype. I don't really know who to follow, most of the guys on the roster now are pretty generic. And it's especially hard trying to put on a good show when ECW and Smackdown and TNA(Though I haven't watched that in 12+ months) have good stuff for FREE. I won't really blame Gabe leaving, it's just been more exposed to the problems it's had.

Hometown Kid

These are all valid points, but I think another problem is they've had a bunch of lame duck champions and challengers for the ROH Title belt. Nigel's reign was so stale that everybody just wanted SOMEBODY to beat him. Why the hell was Generico getting title shots!? The only way that could have worked is if he won the belt to shock everyone. Then Lynn had his "The Wrestler" storyline and everyone hated (or have forgotten) that reign. A-Double is not facing anybody to really have hyped matches with. I'm hoping Jacobs comes back as a face and takes the title. Or Hero or Strong, but that is just me.

MizMasta3000

Now I love me some Chris Hero. When he leaves the indies (Which is bound to happen in 2010, the indies(especially ROH) will need to start building more power players

Kizza

I can't see Hero ever being picked up by a major promotion tbh.

MizMasta3000

Why not? First Punk, the Nigel, then Bryan, Hero is bound to be next IMO. There all already rumors he has been meeting with WWE talent scouts