Lord Tensai thoughts?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

#Heel1

The Artiste
Reaction score
What do you think of Lord Tensai's debut/gimmick so far?

I think his debut has been pretty impactful as of yet. Then again, so has the debut of every other billed monster that has walked down the ramp. I can't say I am convinced that this will last past his first feud.

I don't see the point in his Japanese manager. We all know A-Train understands English, so he's not a translator. He doesn't seem to have the vibrant personality of Vicki Guerrero, the presence of Paul Bearer, or the mic skills of Ricardo Rodriguez. These are all of course assumptions this early on, but my first impression is already made after 2 appearances and a stale performance.

I couldn't find any promos whatsoever on Youtube to base my opinion of Albert/A-Train's mic skills on so that is yet to be determined.

I am concerned as to where his gimmick is going to go, however, when he eventually becomes human. Right now it is an unbeatable big guy from Japan. Then again, Sheamus used to be an unbeatable guy from Ireland, but I can already tell we are dealing with 2 very different personalities.

Anyone else see a brighter future?

DarksideTrin

This meal is so unfinished EA tried to publish it!
Reaction score
He's a follower. If I remember correctly.

For now he has zero personality, thats by design.

He will be doing Funkasaurus squash matches for a bit.

He just isn't used to working wwe match styles yet

#darksidegames

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Atleast Umaga had some impact. Tensai's just boring.. -__-

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He's a big guy who can work to a decent standard, the gimmick is decent as the man who couldn't make an impact in the WWE so went to Japan honed his craft, destroyed all in his path and is treated as a deity over there. Is it cartoonish ? Yes, but it's got potential. People have been crying out for a monster to fill Umaga's void and he could be the one to do.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
WWE should hire me, I can do a sick monster gimmick.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
#Heel said:
orly? I'd like to see.

Hope to make it in the indy's in 3 years.. I would love a Misfit (band) gimmick, or a Heidenreich kind of guy..

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I enjoy watching him wrestle as he's a believable monster, but the man can't and won't get over unless he has a very good manager. He's had zero reactions so far, but I'm a fan of his. He reminds me of Umaga (Xanth completely stole that from me), obviously not as good but it's something we all wanted.

DarksideTrin

This meal is so unfinished EA tried to publish it!
Reaction score
Why? That's not what they are going for!

#darksidegames

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Yeah they're going for the "he beats them too bad to finish match" thing, but it's pretty stupid. Especially when only 2 weeks ago we had matches at WM where they were practically dead, IE, Taker and HHH. I hate hypocrisy, even if it's kayfabe. Just make it so the wrestlers wrestling him walk out or something.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Yeah they're going for the "he beats them too bad to finish match" thing, but it's pretty stupid. Especially when only 2 weeks ago we had matches at WM where they were practically dead, IE, Taker and HHH. I hate hypocrisy, even if it's kayfabe. Just make it so the wrestlers wrestling him walk out or something.

Completely different situations, Undertaker has always been billed as one of the most resilient wrestlers and at WM he finds that other gear, same as HHH pushing to end the streak. These guys have nothing to fight for so it's kind of realistic that the ref stops it before they get seriously hurt. Take MMA for example a title fight usually is more relaxed when it comes to letting fighters fight than a regular opener.