Lord Tensai next likely feud

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AF.

Reaction score
- WWE has pointed out that “Tensaiâ€￾ means disaster in a new article looking at Lord Tensai’s debut last night on RAW from Miami.Speculation is that Lord Tensai will be feuding with WWE Champion CM Punk after John Laurinaitis told Punk that “natural disastersâ€￾ were headed his way. Laurinaitis made the comment on RAW last night after promising more competition for the WWE Champion.
When news broke last month of Tensai coming to WWE, first reports were that he would be a “henchmenâ€￾ for Laurinaitis.

Wrestlescoop.com

Looks like WWE listened to me.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
A feud with Punk will be cool as long as they don't make it similar to the ones Cena had with Khali and Umaga. I want a back and forth match between the two as I know Tensai can work and I don't want Punk becoming a new Super hero type character.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
If this is true, i'd imagine this will happen after Jericho leaves again to go touring with Fozzy.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Jericho's feud with Cena doesn't even seem remotely close to being finished, so I don't know how this would work. If Tensai's going to feud with Punk, I guess that means we have a lot of squash matches to look forward to on Raw over the next few weeks until after Extreme Rules.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Hopefully Tensai takes the belt off of him to switch things up, Punk seems to have been champ forever.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
We had quite a few meaningless title reigns last year. Punk is actually having a pretty good run considering.

Lord Tensai looks more like he'll be built up to feed to some rising stars. They certainly have big plans for him but I would like to see him a normal feud again before they jump the gun. Always saw something in him, just after 2003 when Taker buried him and all his credibility he had to completely rebuild himself some place else.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I agree with KIF. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if he's used as fodder to young stars. His large, intimidating presence is perfect for taking other stars up a notch with a win over him. As insane as he is, I don't think he's quite WWE Championship material by default.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Wow, they've got bigger plans for Tensai than I thought. Very interesting.

I'll mark for Albert winning the title.

AF.

Reaction score
Hopefully Tensai takes the belt off of him to switch things up, Punk seems to have been champ forever.

People are complaining about Champs not holding the title long enough. Punk has only held it since Survivor Series. This has been a good run.

Reaction score
I really would love to see Punk and Tensai have a feud, my only problem is that if it's done to quickly it may kill the impact they are wanting for Tensai. I personally think having him feud with someone like Big Show or Randy Orton and then move on to a feud for the belt with CM Punk.

Aniking

Reaction score
Punk has been a great champion. I've spoken on here in the past about the WWE needing to give their World Championships longer, meaningful runs and this is what we're seeing with CM Punk. I've been interested in his reign from the start.

Not sure how long the WWE plan to keep the Punk/Jericho feud going, but it'll last until Over The Limit at the very maximum. Punk has proven he's "the best in the world" but now he has to deal with Jericho making it more personal, so I'd say it'll end at Extreme Rules.

Tensai will be the next in line, but I wonder how long that feud will last. I assume Punk would remain champion throughout it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Punk lost the title for a month to give Laurianitis major power as he finally got the title off Punk, only for Punk to get it back. Not sure I want that because Punk wouldn't hold the title much longer after that, so his reign would be chopped into two unnecessary bits instead of one lengthy one.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
People are complaining about Champs not holding the title long enough. Punk has only held it since Survivor Series. This has been a good run.
It's not really a case of how long he's held it really, more a case it needs freshening up slightly. I kinda forgot that he lost the title for a couple of months towards the back end of the year before regaining it but I dunno, it just kinda feels like he's had it since MITB last year which is a pretty long time. I'm not saying depush him or anything, but someone else on top with the title for a change would get my interest.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Del Rio had two title reigns in between that time period and those reigns sucked. At least Punk is taken seriously in his role as champion.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I think this is the only WWE title reign that can even come close to the epic WWE title run that Cena had back in 2006-2007. That was the last TRUE title reign.

I think Punk needs to go at least until SummerSlam before he drops it. Drops it to a younger guy. Like Beniot/Orton in 2004 I want to say.

But Tensai will just be used to give Punk that "monster heel" victory.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins