Look back at the effects of the Draft

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

I know the draft is long gone now but now I see the effects of how it went down....Basically the draft was a screwjob...Now Im not going to do the usual complaining about how Smackdown got screwed...Instead I will focus on another group that got screwed....The Raw Roster!
Thats right:The most stacked roster in sports entertaintment.The roster that has John Cena,Triple H,Lashley,Kennedy,Carlito,HBK,Orton,and a whole other sloo of main eventers...The roster that is meant to draw ratings....The roster of crap!
Now I know its a dream rosterwhen you look at it but for the WWE superstars I say its a nightmare....By making a stupid move in the draft they screwed a ton of superstars...I will show you how now:
London And Kendrick:These guys were on top of thje world while on Smackdown...They were tag champs for a long,long time and put on great performances every week while maintaining a pretty good fan base...Now they are on Raw but nowadays they are lucky to get on a Raw show and when they do,they are jobbing in half ass matches...So it screws them by stoppinf their career and turning them into the WGTT....It also didnt do smackdown any favors when they could be on SD now and in grerat matches every week,adding some depth while getting air time!

Lashley:He was the biggest guy on ECW and in a great storyline with Mr.McMahon.But he had the best of every world because he was the Main guy on ECW but he was also able to be a Main Event dude on Raw while feuding with Vince McMahon.Now he goes to Raw and is thrown into the mid card and his storyline/feuds are shit...He couldve easily stayed on ECW and been huge while making appearences on Raw or PPV's

King Booker:Ill make it short and sweet...Main eventer one day...Feuding for kingship the next...
Yes he is about to feud with Lawler and probably HHH but after that...Where?He wont be in the main event...Thats for sure and whatever feud is guranteed to be a mid card one...

John Cena:I know he wasnt drafted but now,at the rare times when WWE decides to put all the draftees as opponents for him in a ghuge ass line,he has more copntenders than ever before.This means it will be tough for him to get in a good storyline that will last a long time and have time to progress because right after one guy its onto the next...Thats why since the draft we have seen two feuds kicked off by random number one contenders attacking him with a spear or RKO....All in all the main event feud quality is going down...

Mid Carders:Before the draft,many mid carders such as Carlito,Cade N Murdoch and many others were getting pushes to some interesting feuds and high profile matches...Now though,the ex main eventers mentioned above that have been pushed to the mid card,are about to push the mid carders down to Heat...I know we havent yet seen this completely but I almost gurantee that soon enough whenHHH,HBK and Taker return these guys will be pushed out slowly...

Mr.Kennedy:I think we can all gree we've seen the effects already.On Smackdown he was the biggest guy on SD and even one of the top WWE guys...He had great feuds with guys like Taker/MVP/Kane and others...It really helped his characters....But now he has been in randomly assembled matches,no feuds,and if Laashley wasnt injured last week,he wouldve jobbed again..>Because these other ex main eventers like Lashley ad Booker are put in matches with him and have to beat him...S Mr.Kennedy went from loudmouth badass,superstar to random match jobber....

Well I think if you managed to read that whole posrt you will see what I meant..In my opinion,WWE tried oo help out ratings by stacking Raw but now the superstars are suffering and people who were at the top of their game before are struggling to get pushes and for some mid cardwers,they are now struggling to even get on the show./....Thoughts?

Choose Slack

Reaction score
I really have no idea how you can say Raw got screwed more then ECW.

ECW has lost (not just because of the draft, but...)

RVD
Sabu
He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named
Bobby Lashley

Compared to Raw who lost...uh..Ric Flair and Khali.

MikeRaw

^^^Read the damn post...I didnt say Raw got screwed man...I said the superstars got screwed...How about re readingit properly before you say I messed up>?Thanks:)

tasso10

Reaction score
I agree it was a shit as draft. Smackdown lost alot of potentially promising ppl (Londrick) and few ME'rs (Kennedy and Booker). I didnt see why they just swapped ME for ME bw brands and midcarders wid midcarders. It would make sense and avoid the stackup that is currently on RAW.

On that note however we are seeing more of MVP and Matt Hardy and Deuce and Domino are getting built up slowly so thats a positive.

The only real benefit i cn see from the draft is ECW to be honest...as pointed out in countless previous posts, it is acting as a breeding ground. Love it that Morrison is the champion and his rock-star gimmick is growing on me. Then they still got Punk and Burke and im sure theyll add one or 2 more new faces to improve.

And Big Daddy V to be honest has impressed me. At 1st im like wtf gross. Yet Vis has always had decent skills for a 450lb man. And ill cheer on anyone against the boogeyman.

So Post Draft summary from me....
Pro:
John Morrison
Big Daddy V
Con:
Londrick
Booker

Montana

I agree 100% with mike raw, and Rep +. I know, the draft was needed, but they really did a loopsided job. Its become clearer when both ECW and SD lost one top star. Im glad you also pointed out the raw roster, is also affected by this. The former "superstars" are now redueces to stars on raw. I also think with the lack of talent on SD, it affects raws ratings in some odd way. It almost takes the fans out of it, if only 1/3 of the wwe is any good. ALl in all, great post.