Lol, Jericho was right about Flair

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Ring of Honor is proud to announce that it has signed a multi-event agreement with the legendary “Nature Boy” Ric Flair. His first appearance with the company will be in the St. Louis area on Friday, March 13th at the Gateway Center located at One Gateway Drive, Collinsville, IL 62234. Tickets for this historic event are now on sale at www.rohwrestling.com.

“Ric Flair is a legend in this industry and has been a huge influence on the careers of many Ring of Honor stars,” said Ring of Honor president Cary Silkin. “The name ‘Flair’ has been synonymous with professional wrestling in the United States over the past 30 years, and it’s a wonderful privilege to have Ric appearing in Ring of Honor, adding his name to the list of legends that have set foot in the ROH ring. We agreed that the St. Louis area would be perfect for his first appearance in ROH because of his great wrestling history in that area. What could be a more wonderful way to say ‘thank you’ to those great St. Louis fans for supporting ROH than to bring the “Nature Boy” back to town one more time?”

Flair will be in the St. Louis area on March 13th for a special meet & greet autograph session that will be held from 6pm-8pm at The Gateway Center and he will also appear before the live crowd later that evening during the event. Autograph and show tickets are now on sale at www.rohwrestling.com. Autograph prices are $30 for the 1st item and $20 for each additional item to be signed. You can bring your own item or purchase Ric Flair merchandise at the building on the night of the show to get signed.

Please stay tuned to www.rohwrestling.com for more information on Ric Flair’s appearance on March 13th along with additional events where you can meet the legendary “Nature Boy” in person!

- WZROnline.com

Jericho was right in his rants about legends after all. :shifty:

noumenon

Roddy Piper is at the tapings tonight. Which makes me wonder...has Flair backed out of WWE in order to commit to ROH? Perhaps they're replacing him with Flair.

I swear...Jericho needs to start posting on wrestling forums. He would shut everyone down so fucking quick...lmao.

The Rated R CMStar

Replaced? Nah. They don't really need Ric Flair week after week to build a feud with Y2J.

the dark knight

when was jericho not right....? didn't we all know he was? or is this another case of blind posers who think they're smart fans?

Kaedon

Reaction score
Rox is right, it'd be way more interesting of Roxxi Leveau signed a multi-appearance deal with ROH :smh

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
It wouldn't, since Roxxi Laveau is not a person. However, Roxxi LaveauX... :shifty:

The point of the title is I just find it humorous that Jericho went on for ten minutes about how people like Flair will sign up with anyone willing to pay them, and then this happens. Lol.

Kaedon

Reaction score
It wouldn't, since Roxxi Laveau is not a person. However, Roxxi LaveauX... :shifty:

The point of the title is I just find it humorous that Jericho went on for ten minutes about how people like Flair will sign up with anyone willing to pay them, and then this happens. Lol.

What is the point of being in the business if not to make money? Do you think these guys go out there because they just love the art of it? If that were true they'd do it for free and wouldnt hold out like bitches when they dont get a title or a payoff they think is fair. Flair is doing what he loves and is getting paid to do it, good for him, we should all be so lucky. I cant believe that even after Flair is done taking bumps and "screwing up the WWE" like you have said so many times before, you still cant get off his nuts. Let it the fuck go.

Montana

From my understanding.....Ric Flair was released to be a independent contractor. So everytime the WWE brings him back, its a pay per appearance deal. So i want to say Ric Flair is going to be active WM weekend.

Ring of Honor also runs shows, Wrestlemania weekend (Supercard of Honor) Ric Flair is not scheduled to appear at these events in Houston. So Ric Flair is basically looking to help out ROH here. If ROH can't afford to pay Ric Flair enough, its basically having the fans pay to bring Ric Flair in. Which should work out for Flair and ROH.

And the reason Ric Flair has wrestled so long, is financial problems. It's common knowledge if you watch his DVD's. Legal battles, Divorce, and debt, put him in the hole. So basically Flair is working, so put money in his pocket. I don't really see how it's that comical. Divorces can suck you dry.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

From my understanding.....Ric Flair was released to be a independent contractor. So everytime the WWE brings him back, its a pay per appearance deal. So i want to say Ric Flair is going to be active WM weekend.

Don't all wrestlers count as independant contractors, even when signed by WWE?

noumenon

^No... when guys are under contract they aren't permitted to appear anywhere else. Some of the older guys opt to stay under loose contracts for a limited amount of appearances per year. When Flair got out last year he severed all ties with WWE. So instead of being payed X amount for the whole year he guys paid per appearance. I'm sure quite handsomly.

Kaedon

Reaction score
^No... when guys are under contract they aren't permitted to appear anywhere else. Some of the older guys opt to stay under loose contracts for a limited amount of appearances per year. When Flair got out last year he severed all ties with WWE. So instead of being payed X amount for the whole year he guys paid per appearance. I'm sure quite handsomly.

Actually, they CAN appear for anyone unless the contract states otherwise.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Pretty sure I've read numerous times that they're still classified as independant contractors. They have to do their own tax and all thqt shit from the earnings they make.