Live WWE WrestleMania Discussion Thread - Saturday April 1st & Sunday April 2nd 2023

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Well, after trying to find the right words for 25 minutes, I'll just give up. :lol

I'm just saying that, in my eyes, it was a completely unnecessary spot (especially done by Rey) and that, together with drilling it into stone with the mocking afterwards, it is simply classic tone deaf WWE behavior (a company that earlier in the same night made a big thing about John Cena's involvement in the Make-A-Wish foundation). ...even with Dom being a huge pain in the ass and both of them being adults, while the whole story is build up like a Teenage drama movie.

And just to be clear, I was lucky enough not to experience something like this in my childhood, so that's not the reason why I started this kind of snowball. Anyways, I'm sorry, if I ruined the good mood of the Mania Thread for some folks.

I still love you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Love
Reactions: Death By Looch

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
No more damage to control

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Sabretooth said:
That’s one of the worst takes I ever heard but I still fuck wit you
I do think it probably originates from the fact that this match about a father putting his son in his place was sponsored by CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH! THE BREAKFAST CEREAL FOR FAMILIES!

Reactions: Bad News Booty

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I really enjoyed WM Night 1 last night. Just as much as I did WM 37 Night 1. I didn't watch last year. However, this one felt special and felt like a WM that was special inside this kid's spirit heart. The action, the hooks, the sparks, the thrills, the drama and the over telling stories told in the ring.

My favorite matches were:
Seth Rollins vs Logan Paul. My god that match was very umpredictable since you didn't know who was going to win that one. I thought it was over for Seth when KSI got involved. It was rare to see a celebrity to lose a match at a WM. But it was do or die moment for Rollins and Rollins came out the victor.

The 6 woman Tag Team Match. This match some might say it was average, however to me it was very good and very entertaining. People thought that Trish Stratus was turning heel at WM before the match ends. However, to me is that you never believe everything you read on twitter and social media in general. Trish was not losing in her first WM back after nearly 2 decades. Lita was the weakest part of the match but she made up for it in nostalgic moves she did. Becky Lynch to me was the anchor for her team. She was really getting physical and was really going for the shots. Damage Control did look threatening in the match then the previous ones they had as a unit. However, karma reals it's ugly head and Becky ended up getting win for her legendary team. Will Damage Control break up the Raw after WM? Time will tell.

Charlotte Flair vs Rhea Ripley. My god this really hurt my heart and soul since I thought it would never happen in the last 2 years. Rhea Ripley becoming the New SD Woman's Champion after Charlotte's history at WM. Charlotte was a woman that ended Asuka's winning streak at WM 34, beat Rhea for the NXT Woman's Championship in Lockdown Era WM 36, and last year beat Ronda to remain the Champion. But this time all of that didn't work and Rhea ended up dethroning The Queen. It was also a do or die situation for Rhea. Congratulations Rhea you are going to be a wonderful fighting heel champion. Heck that match might have made Rhea a face by default and the crowd loves her.

Rey Mysterio vs Dominik Mysterio. Was a fucking family dysfunction match. Everything was on the line here. After almost a year from Dom turning on his father to join The Judgement Day, to the insults, to the pushing and putting his hands on his father for weeks. But the thing that made Rey accept the match was the disrespect Dom showed towards his mother and sister. We all know how Rey gets when you disrespects his familia. They go down hard. Ask Eddie Guerrero and CM Punk on what happens. Dom tried every dirty trick in the book to mentally beat down Rey and emotional beat down him. Add in Finn and Priest was there to try to cost Rey the match. But LWO made sure that didn't go that way. Rey won because he had more to lose than Dom. This match was one out of the two that gave tears.

Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens vs The USO's for the Tag Team Championships. This was one was a roller coaster gone right. After years and years of the off and on again friendship between Sami/Owens was put to the test last night. They both did everything in the indies together through PWG and ROH. Those two are like brothers that will get along but also hate each other due to mistrust issues. But once the Bloodline entered their lives in 2020. Things turned into a different twist. I mean my god I felt the emotions throughout the build up. I don't blame Owens for never trusting Sami again after the War Games match last year. However, the heart grows founder the longer you are away from someone. Roman tried to take Owens out at the Rumble and Sami prevented it. Roman tried to do the same to Sami at the Elimination Chamber and Owens put a stop there. But after The Bloodline went to far after Jey stabbed Sami in the back. Enough was enough. Last night proved that real Brothership and a bigger bond was bigger than The Bloodline's path of destruction. Sami/Owens won in a hard fought match and that was the one that I cried over in a big way. Both Owens and Sami got their big moment together and now they officially the Undisputed Tag Team Champions of both brands.

Tolerated match
The Fatal Four Way tag match which was fun and was entertaining. Seeing Ivar and Braun flying like junior heavyweights was very rare to see. Everyone got their shots in, they all looked like they were really having fun and being creative in these moments. They made these moments stick and mean something. I am proud of all of them.

Match I hated:
Theory vs Cena. To me it felt too short for a Cena match and that is what took the point away from me.

I enjoyed seeing Becky G there singing America The Beautiful. Hated the mumble rapper. Loved Pat Mac's return and Snoop Dogg. The Miz getting humiliated was funny to see. The Entrances for all of the wrestlers were amazing last night. My favorite was Rey Mysterios tribute to Eddie Guerrero, Trish/Lita/Becky's black and white screen entrance, Seth Rollins singing entrance, Cena's entrance and Dom's convict entrance with the shackles.

This WM Night 1 gets a A- with me and I never give a Wm that point. Loved it and hopefully Night 2 brings it tonight!!

Reactions: Roy Mustang

nickp1991

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
lita
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
4v9FT90
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
5wv8W7T
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
That Six Women Tag Match was pretty good considering the fact they had to follow Seth Rollins vs Logan Paul

Reactions: Buffy

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2