Live WWE Survivor Series: WAR GAMES Discussion Thread - Saturday November 26th

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
There was a reason why Reigns did not wear red with his stablemates, as explained by WWE seamster and costume designer Sarath Ton (aka Mikaze) on the Notsam Wrestling show.

“The Bloodline, I did all the red,” Ton revealed. “You will notice that there was one member of the Bloodline who wasn’t in red, and that’s not because it wasn’t made, it was because the fabric texture wasn’t what he thought it was going to be. He put it on to see how it felt. At the end of the day, he’s the Tribal Chief, he gets to do what he wants. It would have been cool if they were all dressed in red, but at the same time, he does his thing and you’re following him.”

Ton continued and talked about how they’ve used Zayn’s gear to further his storyline with The Bloodline.

“One of the small details, I’ve been working on Sami’s stuff for a little while and when he transitioned into the storyline with the Bloodline, we had talked about putting ‘Honorary’ on his tights and for whatever reason, things didn’t progress as quickly as we wanted them to, as far as the gear,” Ton said. “All of a sudden, the moment comes where Roman bestows the shirt on him. I was telling him, ‘had we put ‘Honorary’ on your pants when you wanted to, you wouldn’t have gotten the emotional beat that you got then because now Roman is bestowing you with the Honorary name.’

“When we were doing the tights for [Survivor Series], I modeled his stuff closer to Roman’s than the Usos. We almost made an Honorary version that was closer to what the Usos were wearing, but in my head, you’re trying to follow Roman so your look is going to be more like his and the Honorary is going to be more pronounced in the front than the Usos on the back. There were other beats where, if we had done it ahead of time, I don’t think it would have hit the same way in the story. This isn’t something talked about with anyone, it’s just something we try to keep in mind when we create these outfits, we’re still telling a story. Anything we can do to assist in that, whether subconsciously or not, people can look back and are like, ‘I see that detail I didn’t notice before.'”​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Roman Reigns was reportedly not happy following the Survivor Series main event.

According to a report from Fightful Select, Reigns was said to be visibly upset backstage regarding what he perceived as an "unplanned spot" that involved him and Kevin Owens. Reigns was overheard saying he may have a ruptured ear drum and it was clear to those who witnessed the scene that he was not happy with what happened.

Reigns did not take part in the post-event press conference as he was originally scheduled to.

Talent spoken with by Fightful indicated they did not believe there would be any extended heat from what happened and that Reigns' reaction was likely due to the heat of the moment.

It is not clear what spot was the catalyst for Reigns becoming upset. The only spots Owens and Reigns worked with each other during the match came close to the end. After they exchanged strikes and Roman hit a Superman punch, Owens hit a superkick, a pop-up powerbomb, and a stunner. Sami Zayn then broke up the pin leading to the finish where Zayn hit a low blow and Helluva Kick on Owens.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Vince would've fired Owens on the spot.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Reigns being heated after Survivor Series is accurate. Triple H asked them to address it in the locker room. There was a yelling altercation but that never became physical.

Owens facing Reigns at the Royal Rumble is also true but that is now up in the air. Sheamus is the likely replacement.​
From the good frog Kermit.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I want to know how he would’ve ruptured his eardrum in their exchanges

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
On the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer gave an update on Brian Kendrick's involvement with Survivor Series: WarGames.

Kendrick was backstage at Survivor Series and was listed as a producer for Ronda Rousey and Shotzi's SmackDown Women's Championship match. The match was also produced by Jason Jordan.

Meltzer noted that Kendrick, who was Rousey's original pro wrestling trainer, was brought in for the match because Rousey asked for it.

What happened was, Ronda Rousey -- Brian Kendrick was Ronda Rousey’s original wrestling trainer. And she suggested, she asked for him to be brought in for her match with Shotzi. So he was in on Saturday. And it was not a hire. You could say it was a tryout, I wouldn’t say it wasn’t a tryout, but it really wasn’t like a normal tryout. It was more Ronda Rousey asked for him to help produce. Jason Jordan also produced it, but she asked for Brian to be brought in, so they brought him in.
"He's not hired, or at least as far as I know he wasn't hired, obviously that could change," Meltzer added.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Time to dunk

Of fucking course the conspiracy weirdos trained together :heston

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Shotzi sucks so much Ronda had to bring in Spanky.