SmackDown Live Live SmackDown Discussion thread, July 26th 2024: WWE Tag Team Championship Number One Contenders Gauntlet Match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fatu

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Elektra looks absolutely gorgeous this week :done
I was like dammmmnnnn. She's fine if only I weren't married and you were in America. Lol just joking. But damn did she.

Jacob Fatu

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
My boy going to be tag champ unless there's an interference. I thought he was ok in G.O.D but Tama Tonga is way better. Might of had a confidence knock, but he does not look happy at all at the back of the new bloodline . Jacob in that match just showed why he could do that on his own never mind in a tag team. He has it all especially the facial expressions of being unhinged , have you seen his finisher the way he just bounces up from middle corner rope to top and it the best reverse moonsault I've ever seen.plus he does the flying headbutt sault ( like benoit did ) he's definitely going to be in WWE a long time and I predict he will be world champion. Not solo, Tama or one eyed Tonga.
Plus he knows this his one shot at big time money .

FFS he's been in jail for armed robbery, hunter let the shackles loose after Vince wouldn't sign him. I seen him in MLW years ago and thought he is way above this level. Been my favourite wrestler since he can be a face too as shown in MLW after he had been heavyweight champ, he was open weight champ and he was good at that . He's been blessed with the Fatu gene where wrestling Is in your blood and I'm also going to go out on a limb and say he's Romans inside man. If I'm wrong Ill say on here I'm wrong when it happens won't be summerslam but after just before survivor series.

And I'm biased as he's my favourite wrestler but I can't put it on as he's not on who's your favourite wrestler list.

Sorry to DIY fans but if you think they're keeping those titles ,.maybe the interference will lead to them having a match at summerslam but who knows let's just enjoy WWE as it's got wrestling back in it , storylines are good and we as fans are getting the best version of WWE in a long, long time.

Last edited:

Jacob Fatu

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Idk why they’d bring him in if they thought he was so bad that he can’t even wrestle.
Probably as Jacob needed to lose a bit weight and tone up as he has he's dropped a lot of weight he was there to make up the numbers.

Jacob Fatu

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
From what I seen of Hikeleou on AEW he's tall but wasn't anything special.

Solo going to eat those words when we see the tribal chief do the oooaaahhhh and spear the wind out out his sails, showing Cody respect and turning face. But I think especially after the promo in seen yesterday off Cody I think he's going to turn heel soon, especially if Roman comes back. Who knows that's what's making WWE must see TV again. I've not felt like this since the Attitude Era and Ruthless Aggression era ( till Eddie died ) and I stopped watching.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

TV RATINGS

tweet_chart_2024-07-29.jpg

WWE Smackdown on Fox
Fri, Jul. 26, 2024: 8:00 to 10:00 pm
2,058,000 viewers (P2+)
P18-49 rating: 0.52

Reported earlier by PWTorch.

Competition note: Smackdown was head-to-head with the opening ceremony of the Olympics on NBC and Peacock. NBC Sports PR announced the ceremony averaged 28.6 million viewers across platforms. On NBC alone, the opening ceremony averaged 15.1 million viewers and a 3.01 P18-49 rating. Other than the ceremony, Smackdown led broadcast primetime in P18-49 for the night, as usual.

LOWEST P2+ SINCE JUN. 14, 2024
LOWEST P18-49 SINCE DEC. 29, 2023

P2+ comparisons:
  • This episode vs. last week (2,313,000): -11%
  • This episode vs. trailing four weeks (2,295,000): -10%
  • Current 2024-Q3 P2+ average (2,246,000) vs. 2023-Q3 (2,317,000): -3%
  • Current Jul 2024 P2+ average (2,246,000) vs. Jul 2023 (2,398,000): -6%

Skyefire

Wrestling Goddest
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
VQVzDYO
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
The Bloodline is like if Hogan, Hall, Nash, and Bischoff all left the nWo and Scott Norton became a main eventer.

Reactions: Dom's cellmate