• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Raw Live Raw thread, June 6th 2022: All the fallout from Hell in a Cell

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Cwalker said:
Once again as I told Dale, I agree with you. Personally AJ would’ve been my guy. But AJ is always my guy. Lashley at the number 1 babyface? Eh, I’m 50/50 on that. But that’s because that’s something he’s never proven himself as. Without knowing anything, I feel like they’re going with Edge as the top babyface over anyone else because they know for sure that Edge is that guy. It’s been proven. Balor and Lashley are uncertain as top babyfaces on he main roster
Everyone's unproven until they're proven :cudi I also don't feel like Edge has ever actually had a meaningful stretch as top face of a brand either tbf. Not that I can remember at least. Also also it wasn't even that long ago that Cody wasn't in the company so I disagree with the idea that they need to fill his slot in the first place. :lol

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
But I do realize that you're not disagreeing, I'm just giving my take and you happened to be the one who had posted something bout it :lol

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Ultimately I guess my main gripe would be that if that is in fact the reason that they decided to book this... It's just lazy and another in a long series of short-term, quick-fix booking moves that betrays the long-term storytelling that a lot of fans hope for

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Idk you wouldn't think they'd need to fill Cody's slot this soon since he just came back but holy fuck they were milking every drop they could already and now they gotta pivot to something else :lol it's gonna be rough

Dale

Super Moderator
for what it's worth, I think Balor will be in a better position (in theory at least) leading this group as a heel than he would as a singles babyface, especially if he can bring a bit of that NXT edge back to him from his 2nd run down there.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
I do agree with that point. It's a good spot for Finn to be in and hopefully he can recapture that magic from his second NXT run.

Dale

Super Moderator
And final point I guess, do they even need a 'top babyface' right now given there's not even a fucking world title on the brand. They had several guys they could have cycled through a month at a time if they really wanted to until Cody comes back. Seems like Riddle is getting the shot at MITB, Randy rumoured for SummerSlam with the potential of Cena appearances then you've got AJ and Lashley to use too.