WWE NXT Live NXT 2.0 September 20th 2022 Discussion Thread: Tyler Bate set to strike back at JD McDonagh

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

*NON-SPOILER EDITION*

Tyler Bate set to strike back at JD McDonagh​

20220920_NXT_BateMcDonagh_FC_Tues--5085b67552420dec88c57973bec2c150.jpg

Two former NXT UK rivals are set to collide as Tyler Bate looks to pay back JD McDonagh for his surprise attack following Bate’s tag team victory.

The Irish Ace leveled Bate with a Devil Inside before staring down The Big Strong Boi’s tag team partner, NXT Champion Bron Breakker. The sadistic McDonagh went on to explain his actions, stating he still has his sights on the champion Breakker and must remove Bate from the NXT Title picture.

Can Bate strike a decisive blow to McDonagh’s title plans, or will The Irish Ace remove a major roadblock in his path to the top?

Nathan Frazer looks to even the series in second match with Axiom​

20220920_NXT_FrazerAxiom_FC_Tues--91e38f1fcc091b2161d4646adfe8c8b6.jpg

After a thrilling start to their friendly competition, Nathan Frazer and Axiom will square off once again in the second match of their best-of-three series.

Axiom earned the series lead following a fast-paced opening match that saw the masked Superstar dig deep into his extensive collection of submissions before clocking Frazer with a flying forearm and kick in quick succession to pick up the pinfall.

Can Frazer level the score when the two square off for a second time, or will Axiom sweep the series?

Cora Jade kicks off year two of “The Generation of Jade” against Wendy Choo​

20220920_NXT_ChooJade_FC_Tues--882d52888e34bfe82d022af9dee91061.jpg

Cora Jade claims that the first year of NXT 2.0 was just the beginning of her new generation and that year two will start in a similar fashion when she beats Wendy Choo. Unimpressed, the sleepy Superstar fired back that the only person living in “The Generation of Jade” was Jade herself.

Can Choo spoil the start of year two for “The Generation of Jade”?

Toxic Attraction to see if Ivy Nile & Tatum Paxley can back up their big talk​

20220920_NXT_WomensTag_FC_Tues--8dfe330bff36a2fd03ed34e8c0aba92b.jpg

Ivy Nile’s bite has most Superstars shook, but her bark on social media caught the attention of Toxic Attraction.

After The Pitbull of Diamond Mine relished in Gigi Dolin & Jacy Jayne’s loss to the WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions on SmackDown, the toxic duo want Nile to back up her big talk in the ring alongside partner Tatum Paxley.

Will the powerhouse duo of Nile & Paxley put Toxic Attraction in their place, or will Dolin & Jayne pick up a decisive victory on the road back to the NXT Tag Team Titles?

Sanga and Von Wagner collide for heavyweight showdown​

20220920_NXT_SangaWagner_FC_Tues--eae327d50840cd1a2de3271a953ca6b9.jpg

Irate after being passed over by the WWE Universe for a North American Title opportunity, Von Wagner tried to join Sanga, Yulisa Leon and Valentina Feroz in venting his frustrations.

While Sanga attempted to console an injured Leon and inspire Feroz for a singles run, Wagner stormed in to put the focus on him, but he became irritated as Sanga repeatedly cut him off to prevent him from cursing in front of the tag team partners.

When it became apparent Wagner did not care about Sanga, Leon or Feroz and more about finding a more physical way of blowing off steam, Mr. Stone stepped in to save the altercation for a later date.

Oro Mensah Debuts​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Lol everytime they announced a full card I'm always impressed until I remember it's bc the show is taped

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If Kiana James is on the show, I hope her assistant is too.

FcEdlUyaUAAkuAl

Reactions: Y2Jayne

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
If Kiana James is on the show, I hope her assistant is too.

FcEdlUyaUAAkuAl

She should be the primary focus James can kick rocks, must be cuz her assistant just speaks broken English I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
She should be the primary focus James can kick rocks, must be cuz her assistant just speaks broken English I believe

That makes her even hotter.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
It feels a bit fruitless to make any predictions, but I will say that JD vs. Bate is a promising main event (and I've heard good things in reports). It's a shame that one of them has to lose but I'm happy that JD has come in hot and Bate - despite losing at World's Collide - hasn't lost any momentum. It would have been easy to just push them to the bottom of the card because of their size but these two can really deliver and I hope that shows.

I'm wondering where Axiom and Frazer leads. I was surprised to see this best of 3 series, given that it felt as if though Frazer was treading water and Axiom vanished for a period. I'm thinking that it could lead to Axiom eventually unmasking given the segment where Frazer was mansplaining the British Round Rules, unaware that Axiom was a former champion. Although, it could just as easily lead to a tag team, which I wouldn't be opposed to.

Speaking of potential, I'm intrigued to see how Oro Mensah goes down. He definitely built up a fanbase on NXT UK, I'm hoping that he will be well received and the name/gimmick change will certainly be interesting.

I don't know everyone else's opinion but I'm just not a Cora Jade fan. I just think that if this was TEW, her turn was poorly handled after months of trying to make her one of the division's top babyfaces.

I'm glad we're seeing more of a women's tag team division form in NXT (hoping this translates onto the main roster). I really like Ivy Nile and Tatum Paxley, Nile had a fantastic match against Meiko on NXT UK, and I think she could do well on her own, but I also enjoy the pairing. Toxic Attraction feels like they're due the call-up, which I'm hoping happens so as it feels like there's not a whole lot more for them to achieve.

Sanga and Von Wagner doesn't really pique my interest so much, but I like that they seem to be doing something different with Sanga.

Last edited:

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It feels a bit fruitless to make any predictions, but I will say that JD vs. Bate is a promising main event (and I've heard good things in reports). It's a shame that one of them has to lose but I'm happy that JD has come in hot and Bate - despite losing at World's Collide - hasn't lost any momentum. It would have been easy to just push them to the bottom of the card because of their size but these two can really deliver and I hope that shows.

I'm wondering where Axiom and Frazer leads. I was surprised to see this best of 3 series, given that it felt as if though Frazer was treading water and Axiom vanished for a period. I'm thinking that it could lead to Axiom eventually unmasking given the segment where Frazer was mansplaining the British Round Rules, unaware that Axiom was a former champion. Although, it could just as easily lead to a tag team, which I wouldn't be opposed to.

Speaking of potential, I'm intrigued to see how Oro Mensah goes down. He definitely built up a fanbase on NXT UK, I'm hoping that he will be well received and the name/gimmick change will certainly be interesting.

I don't know everyone else's opinion but I'm just not a Cora Jade fan. I just think that if this was TEW, her turn was poorly handled after months of trying to make her one of the division's top babyfaces.

I'm glad we're seeing more of a women's tag team division form in NXT (hoping this translates onto the main roster). I really like Ivy Nile and Tatum Paxley, Nile had a fantastic match against Meiko on NXT UK, and I think she could do well on her own, but I also enjoy the pairing. Toxic Attraction feels like they're due the call-up, which I'm hoping happens so as it feels like there's not a whole lot more for them to achieve.

Sanga and Von Wagner doesn't really pique my interest so much, but I like that they seem to be doing something different with Sanga.

I’m with you on Cora she stinks

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I like heel Cora calling fans loser neckbeards way more than her awkward face promos myself lol I don't cringe when she talks anymore

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I like heel Cora calling fans loser neckbeards way more than her awkward face promos myself lol I don't cringe when she talks anymore

I feel they both stink lol

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

So you like it when she talks like Deezy?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2