Live Money In The Bank Discussion Thread - Saturday July 1st 2023

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
20230612_MITB_SethFinn_FC_Date--64e243621bcb83453382e828ebd4ca27.jpg

Seth “Freakin” Rollins vs. Finn Bálor (World Heavyweight Championship)​

Seth “Freakin” Rollins and Finn Bálor have reignited their legendary rivalry.

Rollins has had issues with The Judgment Day in recent weeks. In his first World Heavyweight Title defense since winning the title at WWE Night of Champions, The Visionary took on “The Archer of Infamy” Damian Priest.

Despite telling Priest that he would stay in the backstage area, Bálor went to ringside anyway, and Rollins defeated Priest to retain his title for the first time.

On the June 12 episode of Monday Night Raw, Bálor challenged Rollins to a title match, exploding on The Architect with pent-up aggression from their past.

Back in the summer of 2016, Rollins and Bálor went toe-to-toe at SummerSlam for the newly established Universal Championship. The Prince became the inaugural champion that night but not without a cost. Bálor had his shoulder injured during the match, and as such, he had to relinquish the title the very next night on Raw.

Since then, Bálor has not held a world title, making his animosity for Rollins grow ever deeper. In the ensuing years, Rollins and Bálor have gone back-and-forth in the win-loss column with each other. Most recently, Rollins defeated Bálor in the World Heavyweight Title Tournament Semifinals.

Can Bálor once again become world champion and evict the demons from his past, or will Rollins continue to be the World Heavyweight Champion?

Don't miss WWE Money in the Bank on Saturday, July 1, at a special start time of 3 ET/12 PT, streaming live exclusively on Peacock in the United States and on WWE Network everywhere else.

20230612_MITB_Match_CodyDom_FC_Date--2745176019b90b70b2f6cb2974e11670.jpg

Cody Rhodes vs. Dominik Mysterio​

The Judgment Day finally get their crack at Cody Rhodes as The American Nightmare faces Dominik Mysterio live at Money in the Bank in London, England.

After weeks of The Judgment Day’s failed recruitment of Rhodes, he and Mysterio came face to face on the latest edition of “Miz TV," and sparks flew when they traded vicious barbs that led to The American Nightmare slugging “Dom Dom” in the face with his casted arm.

Since returning to WWE at WrestleMania 38, Rhodes has been on a personal journey to honor his family legacy, whereas Mysterio has gone the opposite route, constantly trashing his surname and his father, WWE Hall of Famer Rey Mysterio.

Watch Rhodes take on Mysterio at WWE Money in the Bank on Saturday, July 1, at a special start time of 3 ET/12 PT, streaming live exclusively on Peacock in the United States and on WWE Network everywhere else.​

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
oh good thats the seth match i figured would happen so i drafted balor for a reason :D

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I love how fresh that mens MITB match up looks even if realistically Butch, Ricochet & Santos have 0% of winning it. Priest could hold it and not feel out of place but Knight would need a good bunch of time with it to build him up which would be fine given he's a wizard on the mic.

Womens I would probably go with Iyo as first choice, then Becky as the second. Can probably use the briefcase as another point of tension between IYO and Bayley.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I love how fresh that mens MITB match up looks even if realistically Butch, Ricochet & Santos have 0% of winning it. Priest could hold it and not feel out of place but Knight would need a good bunch of time with it to build him up which would be fine given he's a wizard on the mic.

Womens I would probably go with Iyo as first choice, then Becky as the second. Can probably use the briefcase as another point of tension between IYO and Bayley.
You think Shinsuke has better chance to of winning then butch, ricochet, Santos :WOW I think it's likely knight tho. I honestly wouldn't of minded Jey in this either if they weren't building towards SS face off because jey being mitb so Roman didn't have to worry and stuff be intresting story.

As for women's I wouldn't mind anyone I be happy with even if Bayley had won it b4

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Don't think it's a hot take to say Shinsuke is more likely to win than Butch or Santos. Butch winning would just be a swerve because it's in England.

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Don't think it's a hot take to say Shinsuke is more likely to win than Butch or Santos. Butch winning would just be a swerve because it's in England.
Wasn't trying to say that was just curious as to why he's was off the list is all. I do think that be a massive pop if Butch did win. I wonder if we get a Drew appearance too

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Damien is my top choice with LA Knight as a possible second. Anyone else I’d say it’s a swerve. Damian by all accounts is being positioned to be the one of the next top guys in the company. All reports say he’s been getting huge praise from everyone backstage over the last year and they want him to take that next step.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Iyo is who I think will take the women’s MITB and that’ll cause more tension with her and Bayley. Zoey will probably cost Becky the match somehow to keep that thing going. I wouldn’t mind a Zelina win tbh, it would be something different but I don’t see it happening.

Knight or Priest is who I think will take the men’s match with the former being the one I’m rooting for, but I wouldn’t be mad at Priest winning.

Rollins and Balor should be good, and Cody and Dom Dom will be fun.

Reactions: Y2Jayne

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
This card feels quite random overall but I'm hyped. Might actually watch it live.
@The Fourth Wall will you?

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Hopefully this year they actually hold onto it for a while..​

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Watching this made me realize we only had two heels as Ms mitb

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Really happy with the card so far and I'd expect Roman/Solo vs. Usos to main event in the end.

Won't be going or watching live sadly as it is the same day as London Pride and I'm in the parade.

Agree Iyo on winning the women's - for men I feel like it will be LA Knight.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
This card feels quite random overall but I'm hyped. Might actually watch it live.
@The Fourth Wall will you?
Yeah I'll be watching it for sure. MITB is typically one of my most enjoyable events to watch as I pretty much always enjoy ladder matches.

I'm liking the look of the particpants this year too. Especially the Men's which looks pretty fire. I definitely think Priest deserves it.

I'm also looking forward to the London crowd, it should be a really hot atmosphere. We've been waiting a long time for it.

Reactions: Y2Jayne

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It was just announced that it’s Solo Sikoa and Roman Reigns vs The Usos

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler