Live Money In The Bank Discussion Thread - Saturday July 1st 2023

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Logan Paul talked about the botched spot between him and Ricochet from this past weekend’s Money in the Bank.

On his Impaulsive podcast, Paul talked about the move in detail, saying he ended up “relatively unscathed” in the spot where Paul and Ricochet were supposed to do a spanish fly off the ladder through a table on the outside, using the ropes for leverage. However, Paul said that he ended up being mispositioned on the rope prior to the execution of the move.

“So one of our legs is on the rope, one of our legs is on the ladder, and we are supposed to hit it at the same time,” he said. “And when he hit that rope, it was before me. So he moved it, so I slipped down all the way to the bottom. Keep in mind, I’m a newb, I don’t really know what I’m doing out there. So when stuff goes wrong, I don’t really know how to improv. So in my head, I’m like, this is f*****. We f***** this up.”

“I’m looking at him, I’m like, oh, this m********** is still trying to send this s***,” he added. “I’m not even ready, his feet aren’t even planted off the second rope, just hucks a backflip...went crashing through the tables, scraped my shoulder, I hit my head on the thing. I’m fine, no concussions or anything, it’s just a wild sport.”

Paul claimed that he and Ricochet ‘got into it backstage’ following the match because Paul felt he was “a little unprofessional”. A confrontation between the two was shown on Monday’s Raw. Ricochet and Paul are set for a face-to-face on next week’s show.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Money In The Bank® Sets Record for Highest-Grossing Arena Event in WWE History​

07/05/2023
Friday Night SmackDown at The O2 Becomes Highest-Grossing SmackDown

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- WWE® (NYSE: WWE) today announced that Money In The Bank, which emanated from The O2 in London on Saturday, became the most-successful and highest-grossing Money In The Bank of all-time. Notably, Money In The Bank set a new record for highest-grossing arena event in WWE history and Friday Night SmackDown from The O2 became the highest-grossing SmackDown of all-time. The weekend generated a combined gate of more than $5.4 million.

Money In The Bank (MITB) also set new records for viewership, sponsorship, merchandise and social media:
  • Viewership jumped 17 percent from last year’s record, and surpassed the last U.K. premium live event – Clash at the Castle – by 30 percent.
  • Sponsorship revenue was up nine percent versus the record set in 2022.
  • MITB marked the highest-grossing arena event for venue merchandise in WWE history.
  • MITB set a new record for On Location fan experience packages, becoming the highest-grossing non-WrestleMania event ever.
  • The event became the most social Money In The Bank of all-time, with video views of the Bloodline Civil War match reaching 40 million in the first 48 hours –a 4X jump from the top clip at Night of Champions, Jimmy Uso super-kicking Roman Reigns.
Additionally, Friday’s episode of SmackDown on Fox drew 2.51 million total viewers, up 17 percent versus a year ago, and was No. 1 in the 18-49 demographic with a .7 rating and 897K total viewers, up 39 percent versus a year ago.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Biggest non-Stadium gate is awesome

Reactions: Vegeta

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Feels like the norm for them now breaking records basically every event and all the categories up over last event / year

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
yeah tickets went up in price is all it is, but I still won't downplay the fact they are selling out everything atm and are at the hottest they've been in a bit. can't be mad at them flaunting it before tv deal renewals either.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Feels like the norm for them now breaking records basically every event and all the categories up over last event / year

Yeah combine being way hotter than they've been in quite a few years plus higher prices and it was inevitable really, but it's a great streak rn. The international booking especially has obviously been a huge success

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Wow. Amazing how having good booking actually helps.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yeah combine being way hotter than they've been in quite a few years plus higher prices and it was inevitable really, but it's a great streak rn. The international booking especially has obviously been a huge success
Yeah the gate stuff is kinda whatever because of ticket prices but things like viewership & sponsorship being up can't be sniffed at. They're most certainly on a roll with no sign of slowing down any time soon.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
sponsorships def something we talked about last Saturday before the show, it's a far cry from the shit theyd get even 10 years ago

Reactions: Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG