Live iMPACT will have some CNN competition

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

World Wrestling Entertainment's appearance on Larry King Live has been rescheduled (again), this time on Thursday 3/27 at 9 PM, which places it against the first-ever live TNA Impact broadcast on SpikeTV, also starting at 9 PM Eastern.

Vince McMahon, Chris Jericho, Big Show, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Triple H and John Cena are scheduled to appear on Larry King Live.

Source: PWInsider.com

Michael1

Reaction score
I think WWE asked CNN to re-schedule for March 27th so they can compete with TNA while they're on CNN. Who knows. Interesting.

McLovin

Reaction score
And it also means that anyone who didn't know about Wrestlemania would find out about it just in time to order it. Man TNA is screwed.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Please. It won't make a damned bit of difference.

Anybody who is going to watch TNA that night still will. They'll just flip during the commercials/boring parts like anyone else.

You people (I mean the two above me) are a bunch of Chicken Little's.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Do you actually think I care if it sounds hip or cool?

By the way, I'm not a kid anymore.

Further the comparison was apropos.

Finally, nice argument. You should've just said "Monkeystyle was right. As per usual."

chessarmy

It wont make a difference. I'm sure more people would want to watch a wrestling show than CNN interviewing a bunch of WWE superstars.

phantomgerald

^^^No, most wrestling fans will watch TNA. Most mainstream viewers (kids and entertainment fans) will watch CNN. Nothing will actually change.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Fuck CNN. I've taped Larry King Live like 4 fucking times and they've re-scheduled this danm show everytime. I for one was looking foward to the CNN program, the last one was fairly interesting, so for me I won't be watching iMPACT that night. However I agree with Monkeystyle this won't make any difference whatsoever to TNA's ratings. Most people that were going to watch TNA will watch anyway. People like me who don't follow TNA every week and are interested in the CNN show will watch it. I would be shocked if their rating went up or down at all as a result of this. Also I highly doubt that the WWE intentionally moved the show to this date to compete with the live show because that would be fairly Blue imo. If anything they probably wanted to move it back closer to Mania to help get interest up and make people want to buy it more.

Reaction score
Exactly. there really is no other reason for WWE to move the show to Thursday other than to hype Mania even more. TNA will be watched, and even if it gets higher ratings, it won't be by much because so far nothing that TNA has done has helped in that sense. A live show won't make much of a difference. I will DVR TNA like I always do (Same Thing With RAW, SD, ECW) and watch it another time. Maybe I'll even DVR CNN this week also