Lionel Messi needs to win the World Cup to become as huge as Pele?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
LOL Pele >>>> Messi

How many goals did Messi score in the 2 world cups he participated in? 2?
Pele scored those in one WC final. lmao

PSachkovsky

The Artiste
Reaction score
Respect Vegeta6425 said:
LOL Pele >>>> Messi

How many goals did Messi score in the 2 world cups he participated in? 2?
Pele scored those in one WC final. lmao

Again, in what era? When defensive play didn't exist?

Bring the SAME Pele to the current era, he wouldn't score 80% of what he scored back than...

Beaumontt

Jobber
Reaction score
Leo messi is a great player but i don't think he could win the world cup alone for argentina because there is no more big names of argentina.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Beaumontt said:
Leo messi is a great player but i don't think he could win the world cup alone for argentina because there is no more big names of argentina.

Lionel Messi
Sergio Aguero
Angel Di Maria
Lavezzi
Carlos Tevez
Higuian
Gago
Mascherarno
Zabaleta

Their squad is fantastic.

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
Messi is nothing without his FCB team mates, think about it, with Argentina he does almost nothing, he goes back to FCB and he scores 2 goals per match... Is a coincidence? Don't think so

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
NanoRah14 said:
Messi is nothing without his FCB team mates, think about it, with Argentina he does almost nothing, he goes back to FCB and he scores 2 goals per match... Is a coincidence? Don't think so

Messi has scored over 40 goals already this season I think, and Iniesta/Xavi have assisted 4 combined (I think, something like that).

He's nothing without them? Come on, the guy is hands down the best player ever. He does nothing with Argentina:

"In 2012, Messi equalized Gabriel Batistuta's record for goals in a season with Argentina with 12."

:pity1:

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Nvm, forgot Zidane... :pity1:

My point being, it's impossible to compare. Your sarcastic smiley doesn't help your point. Mine on the other hand, underlined the emotion of my post. :smug:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Kim Dotcom smiley > any smiley at displaying emotion...

Just so you know, Zidane is never brought up in the comparisons to Messi lol. The contenders for best ever are naturally Messi, Pele, Maradona and Kruyff (can't spell his name). Most players seem to think Laudrup as well is a candidate, and I don't disagree.

Messi's records show for itself though. In modern football especially, that's enough proof that he's the best ever. But I don't really want to debate this with you to be honest, so I guess it's just going to be an agree to disagree motion again.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Kim Dotcom smiley > any smiley at displaying emotion...

Just so you know, Zidane is never brought up in the comparisons to Messi lol. The contenders for best ever are naturally Messi, Pele, Maradona and Kruyff (can't spell his name). Most players seem to think Laudrup as well is a candidate, and I don't disagree.

Messi's records show for itself though. In modern football especially, that's enough proof that he's the best ever. But I don't really want to debate this with you to be honest, so I guess it's just going to be an agree to disagree motion again.

Your second paragraph is my point. My feeling and your feeling on who's the best is subjective. Saying Messi is hands down the best ever, suggests that there is no debate, to that I say, "OH HELL NO!"

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I don't think there is a need for me to put "imo" after every post, considering we are on a wrestling forum full of opinions (kinda what the forum is about).

Certain things require it IMO :tough: