Lil Wayne Arguement

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheAnswer

Reaction score
People become obssesed with him because of his mixtapes. I think Lil Waynes a good rapper but extremly over rated. Personally I think Kanye West and Young Jeezy are the two best out there today.

Wayne has to many dumbass rhymes like:

"I wake up in the mourning
take a piss and wash my hands
Take a knee and thank the man"

But Wayne does have some good songs, he needs to stop making so many slow songs and speed up his tempo.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Ok I admit Weezy does deserve SOME credit..

He has came out with very catchy song's, hook's, and bar's throughout the year's...

But you "Real Rap Listener's" are blinded by his weak metaphor's such as...

"I am high, I got the cloud's under my feet"

WTF? WTF was that? You guy's really need to open you'r eye's, and appreciate the real rap that we have left.. We are lucky enough to have REAL album's like Nas's "♂♂♂♂♂♂", and Rakim's "Seventh Seal" dropping soon... But what happen's when they all officially are gone? Someone real has to step up to the plate.. One of the best artist's I've seen lately has been Flo-Rida.. Maybe I'm being biased because he's from my hometown, but he is on the come up, and work's very hard on track's.. He wen't from being a muscle man from a local Opalocka rap group names "The Ground Hog's" to being a multi platnium hit...

We need to apprecitate "REAL" rap.. Not this fake shit we listen too...

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Wayne can rap. He can flow and do metaphors but they're so simplistic and easy to understand, that's what is making him successful. Wayne's many mixtapes is what made him more known to the world, him rapping over every beat given him made fans enjoy the beat and his simple lyrics.

Now I know alot of Wayne fans and half of them didn't like Carter 3 because it was such a change from his mixtapes. Carter 3 is his best album. Wayne has to thank Gillie Da Kid for the flow he copied because do you think he'll still be successful if he kept the same flow he did before Carter 2?

I don't think so.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
You got to take into account, that he's had like 6 albums and is still only 25 or 26. He's only on the tip of the iceberg. He's still in his prime, and will continue to be for the next 7-10 years at the least. I see it as he's the hottest rapper out right now. Best out right now. His album sells show that. In a time of downloading music is so easy, he sold over a milion album. That's hard to do not just as rapper, but an artist in general. So, maybe I'm being biased, as I'm a huge Weezy fan, but I think he's the best, lyrically, and all that stuff, right now. Best Rapper Alive?.....possibly. But he's only been droppin' great songs since Tha Carter, IMO. So Carter I, II & III have been good, with the third being the best of 'em all. He's already said he has like four-six more albums coming out )some as a colaburation album with another rapper. Such as one with T-Pain, one with Lloyd, ect.) Not to mention he keeps doing songs wither other artists, so he'll be doing a whole lot more, still in his 20's. That's impressive. I think in ten years, he'd be considered one of, if not thee greatest rapper ever.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
i think the reasons why he sold that much is cause it was highly anticipated albulm, everybody heard all the mix tapes was like "his next albulm going to be hot" he had those songs leaked to the internet some were good and people were saying "man these tracks is fire this albulm going be hot" the arter 3 to me isnt his best albulm im still listening to carter and carter 2 and think those tracks are better than carter 3, and i dont no if its just me but it sounds like in most his songs he aint raping hes just talking, take a milli, croy gunz had the best verse in that, it just sounds like wayne is talking, that song with t-pain got money, its good cause pains in it on the hook, the songs with just wayne aint that good to me cept 1 i forgot the name, do i think hes the best rapper...no, he just gets more exposer than others, if artistist like lupe fiasco got more exposer i think hed be up there, but people most people dont like REAL rap anymore, in my opinion off the top of the head who should be up there are kanye, lupe, 50 (i aint get his last albulm straight to the bank and the 1 with akon were the best on that 1) banks, T.I, nas so to me wayne aint the best rapper just the 1 with the most exposer

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
^Um. Did you say Banks over Weezy? As in Lloyd Banks? Hey I like G-Unit but come on, Lloyd Banks over Weezy??? Wow

Montana

You got to take into account, that he's had like 6 albums and is still only 25 or 26. He's only on the tip of the iceberg. He's still in his prime, and will continue to be for the next 7-10 years at the least. I see it as he's the hottest rapper out right now. Best out right now. His album sells show that. In a time of downloading music is so easy, he sold over a milion album. That's hard to do not just as rapper, but an artist in general. So, maybe I'm being biased, as I'm a huge Weezy fan, but I think he's the best, lyrically, and all that stuff, right now. Best Rapper Alive?.....possibly. But he's only been droppin' great songs since Tha Carter, IMO. So Carter I, II & III have been good, with the third being the best of 'em all. He's already said he has like four-six more albums coming out )some as a colaburation album with another rapper. Such as one with T-Pain, one with Lloyd, ect.) Not to mention he keeps doing songs wither other artists, so he'll be doing a whole lot more, still in his 20's. That's impressive. I think in ten years, he'd be considered one of, if not thee greatest rapper ever.

You bring up a good point about him being young, but i mean look who else is out there now? Mainstrea Hip Hop is pretty much dead in the water. I think Kanye West is better all around than Lil wayne. The album sales don't impress me because its too unrealistic and too many rumors about his label buying record. To me, thats enough to disqualify wayne and his supposed "milli" copies.

Verse for Verse, I perfer Banks over Wayne anyday. To me, Wayne's lyrics are like middle school lyrics. It seems like everything he does is a freestyle (which is probably is) but idk, i guess i like a little thought put in. Have you heard the old banks freestyles ???

As much as im not a big wayne fan, i do give Carter III credit. If all his albums were similar, maybe i'd respect him more.

AquaMan

Reaction score
Great rapper, not the best.... but who am i to judge??

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
^Um. Did you say Banks over Weezy? As in Lloyd Banks? Hey I like G-Unit but come on, Lloyd Banks over Weezy??? Wow

yes, thats what i said. lloyd banks is better than wezzy. Like i said before, wayne has more exposure, than most rappers. Wayne to me has middle school lyrics, i no people that rap around me that make better raps than wayne. im not saying he aint no good, but he aint the best rapper. Like i said, i put kanye, lloyd banks, nas, lupe fiasco, over him and thats just people im thinking of off the top of my head, theres more.

Enigma22

Reaction score
i also agree with banks over weezy. its close but banks is a little better. weezy kind of sucks anyways so its not a big accomplishment for Lloyd...