AMA Level-Up

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Level-Up
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Colour Code: 21DA00

The video begins with a 16-bit scene of a wrestling ring. There are two wrestlers in the ring, one is a masked female wrestler wearing mostly white, blue, and gold, and the other a girl with bright pink hair. On each side of the ring, there are fans along with a collective of female wrestlers mostly in black.

Music plays in the background as the two characters bounce back and forth, fighting as their health bars go down. The masked wrestler has an advantage as the pink character bounces back and forth. The pink character’s health gets to red as she bounces out of the ring. The character sits and shakes her head while one of the other wrestlers reaches out and holds a pixelated M. She throws it on the pink wrestler and a power-up sound plays as her appearance changes. Her pink hair is gone for one that is a red-ish brown, and her attire is all black. She jumps in the air and “stomps” the opponent, taking out the rest of her health. She stands on top as a three count is made. The black-clothed characters jump into the ring with the victorious character. They all hold their hands up as “WINNER” is displayed on the screen with victorious music playing.

Zooming away from the TV, we are brought to reality as a girl matching the appearance of the character, sits on her couch. A girl of clear Asian descent, she has long shining red-brown hair. She is wearing a white tank top along with black jeans, slouched back in her seat, holding a controller. To her side is a championship title. It is on a pink strap with a somewhat circular main plate. There is a galaxy design in the center with the word COSMIC in the middle, three stars above it, and text reading “TRIOS” smaller under it. She has a small smirk on her face as she looks towards the camera.

“Well, I think this is best to start with a little story.” She says, hitting a button on her controller to open a photo album saved on her console. A few pictures are visible of her with bright pink hair, and older gear featuring neon colours and also some looks inspired by video game characters. From a Pokémon Trainer to Callie from Splatoon, Lara Croft from Tomb Raider and more.

“That’s me. Cali “X” Hayama, from when I started wrestling a couple of years ago. Total dork, right?” She chuckles. “What can I say? I found a little niche. My old thing was to bring some of my passions out of the ring into it…” Cali pauses before adding, “And yes, it was mostly video games.”

The Asian-Canadian shrugs. “It was pretty fun actually. But don’t let the cosplays fool you, they weren’t only for people on Twitch. I’m pretty competitive and when that bell rings…”

She tugs on the analogue stick and moves to the next page, showing pictures and gifs of her matches, including some creative dodges, her brutal looking double foot curb stomp, and her flying through the air. “-I was always game. Things were working out for me. I had a nice little wave of momentum, I had followers on Twitch too, and still do, and I was getting a few more opportunities.”

Moving on with the pictures, it shows her in a couple of matches, all for a company with very patriotic branding. The first picture was of her stomping a guy with dreadlocks into the mat with her finisher. Following that is her in the ring with a wrestler with long blonde hair, talking to him on a microphone, and finally a couple of images of her in a match with a female wrestler wearing an almost dress-like attire, Princess Nova, then we see a picture of her rolling her up with a Frankenstiener into a shock three which the crowd comes unglued for.

“Everything WAS nice,” Cali Hayama says before throwing her hands up, “Then fucking COVID hit! A couple of companies I started working for had to shut down, some closed for good, and I was shipped back to Kelowna, locked in my room for two weeks just streaming all day. Like, fuck, I was going crazy. You’re damn sure that as soon as I could, I got both my vaccinations so I could get back in the ring. Just too bad there are some idiots that aren’t-”

Cali groans in frustration before stopping herself from going into a tangent. “Anyway, afterwards, I was surprised to find that my first booking request wasn’t in Canada, or the US, but all the way in Japan. I haven’t been in Japan since I was in High school, I was looking to get the rust of my Japanese, and after checking the rules around quarantine, I took it…”

There is a smirk on Cali Hayama’s face as she says, “And who knew how life-changing it was? Because I entered gamer girl Cali X. That was fine. It was fun. I could have stayed Cali X in the ring for a long time and nothing bad would have happened. But I realized there was something better. I found a spark that was inside me and it was all brought out…”

Going to the next set of pictures, we see a group of Joshi wrestlers, all of different shapes and sizes, but yet, unified with black. A logo on one of their shirts reads, in all caps “MAYHEM.” It shows Cali tagging with them, still in her old colourful look. Alongside that is the group of females at a restaurant in Japan (wearing masks when they aren’t eating like responsible people), and finally, a picture of all of them in the ring together, with Cali joining them in holding their hands up with an “M.”

“-By some new friends. These girls, a lot like me, are a bit different. I was the geeky Asian girl from Canada, and a lot of these girls were outcasts who had a different way of working. Turns out, once I trusted what they were doing, it was for me. I entered Japan as Cali X, Cybergirl, but I left…”

Moving over to the next, it is of the new Cali, just before leaving. Her pink hair is gone and, replaced with the hair we see now, along with new ring-gear, and she is wearing a matching mask to all the other group members, “As the Slayer Queen, Cali Hayama, and I think it has worked out for me so far."

Some footage plays of her in the ring in her wrestling home in Japan along with some independents. This showcases not just her athletic ability by moving freely in a way few can do, but even a bit of aggression with extra hard kicks and vicious stomps. Finally we see footage of her making someone tap out to a submission before holding up the title next to her now with two others, a masked Joshi and one with a skirt on.

Cali powers down her console and leans back, hands folded behind her head. “So where does that leave me? I have my friends back in Japan, but while I’m back in North America, I might as well make a name for myself. This new edge isn’t about pissing on who I was before. Like come on, I’m pretty grateful for the fans I have so far and I hope to get more. The geek isn’t dead. You still see me on Twitch having a laugh, raging at video games the same. The difference is the Slayer Queen knows the difference between play, business, and pleasure. Not everyone will take a girl dressing up like a video game character seriously despite the fact she is young and hungry.”

The Slayer Queen holds her hand out. “I’m next-level now and I’m going to turn everything on its head. Mayhem is going ‘Fuck the system,’ and doing what you want, even if it breaks convention. Stablemates or not, I’ll show the world that Cali Hayama is someone to watch and that I’m just getting started. Where will that be? Well…”

Grabbing her Trios title next to her, she puts it on her shoulder. “I thought of a couple of places I can go to add some singles hardware or just test the waters, and I found one. A company that has pretty much people I’m unfamiliar with, so I’ll have a bit of a new beginning. That is Against Medical Advice Wrestling, AMA. Odd name aside I think this will be just the place to make some new fans, new friends, some enemies, and stomp some heads in. More details are coming soon, but all I can say is prepare for someone…” She smirks a little before adding. “Unlike anything you’ve seen before.”

Cali chuckles before she kisses her hand and holds her fingers down, forming an “M” hand gesture. “Later,”

She winks at the camera as the footage fades away.

OOC: A lot of description/storytelling compared to dialogue, but thought some visual aids can help tell her story.​

Reactions: Chris