Lesnar vs. Couture at UFC 91

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

This is huge. I didn't think this was true when I was reading through these posts, not only is Couture coming back for 3 fights, his first fight is against Lesnar? That will kill in PPV buys for sure, that is ridiculous. I think Frank Mir got the short stick, the man did beat Lesnar! However, they can't pull out of Mir vs. Nogeuira because TUF is already underway. This is huge news, I am so renaming this thread...

FUCK Fedor. I said it. Just like Mr. Lesnar. The dude is a complete tool.

4:44pm ET — White says Affliction is losing loads of money and that when you’re losing the kind of money Affliction’s losing you have to “sell a lot of t-shirts”.

LMAO at that one

J

Lesnar ain't afraid to speak his mind. Cuase he could easily kick half there ass's in or out of the ring. Except Couture.

PS-800th post for MMA section. Keep it up guys.

xtremebadass

800 already? Wow, that shot up by 200 in like 4 days lol.

Anyway, this match will be one of the most over hyped matches in UFC history. Get ready because even WWE will want a piece of this one. It's Wrestler vs. Wrestler, they are both epic wrestlers.

Wordlife

oh.... easy win for Lesnar here, watch it and I mark my words here.... LESNAR WILL BE THE NEW UFC CHAMPION!!!

CenaMark54

I think the people that are saying Couture will destroy Lesnar are way off base.

White wouldn't have booked this match unless he thought Lesnar could win.

White wants Lesnar to be the top guy, not anyone else, regardless of what he says.

xtremebadass

Couture did beat Tim Sylvia. Eventhough Sylvia isn't as good a wrestler as Lesnar, Sylvia is rather large like Lesnar. Couture is behind the eight ball yet again taking on Brock Lesnar. Lesnar's fights are pretty close together this time around Feb-Aug-Nov. Couture hasn't fought in a long ass time, you have to figure that in too.

Blood

Reaction score
This us huge. EliteXC also has Kimbo vs. Shamrock scheduled for Oct 4th (I think) on CBS. MMA is going to be even more awesome now.

Lesnar-Couture!

And Couture to make Brock to be a "bitch" is a far stretch. Couture is good, but so is Brock. And my vote is for Brock to win, I hope he does. Couture is pretty old.

Qwake

This will be AWESOME! I am getting it for sure! I reall didn't think Lesnar would get a title shot this early, he has had shit all fights but that's how much of a hype he is lol. GREAT!

xtremebadass

Who else has a hard time picturing Lesnar with the UFC belt? I know I do. A 225 lb man vs. a 180 lb (at fight time) man? Seems a little impossible

thedeadite

Reaction score
I feel for Nog on this one. Though he is pretty much booked to fight Mir after Tuf, I still feel he should have got the first crack at Couture and become the undisputed champ. I like Lesnar, and this match will bring HUGE ppv buys but he's only been in the UFC for a very short time with a 1-1 ufc record and only a 2-1 mma record and already gets a title shot??? Doesn't seem fair to me.

I also don't get Dana's hate on Fedor. Calling him "irrelevant"? Fedor is arguably (and that's stretching it) the best hw in the world. That's far from "irrelevant", even if he was speaking of this particular fight.

xtremebadass

Dana White is mega high on Brock Lesnar. He is looking just to cash in on Lesnar despite if he is good or not. He figures if this is meant to be, let it be sooner than later. Let's cash in BIG TIME while he is still hot. They benefit either way from this fight. The only loser just might be Brock Lesnar. If he loses against Couture, even though there's nothing to be ashamed of, that brings his MMA record to 2-2, his UFC record to 1-2. Most MMA fighters don't stick in UFC if their loses outnumber their wins.