Lesnar/Taker at 'Mania 29

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
If the rumors of this match indeed are true, how do you think they're going to book it?

Initially I would have said that Brock will beat HHH at Summerslam and that will lead 'Taker to confront him as the "last hope of WWE" and challenge him to a match at 'Mania. The problem with this? Why wouldn't you just get the man who's already beaten Lesnar, John Cena, to face him again?

I thought of this last night as I came to the conclusion that putting Cena over Lesnar at Extreme Rules might have been the single stupidest thing WWE has done in years. At least if Lesnar had gone over, and then gone over HHH, you'd have a ready made story for Undertaker's return. Lesnar's already beaten the face of the company and the man behind the company, so its up to the phenom to take him out and restore order. This thing practically writes itself. Now you're left with coming up with a whole new reasoning for them to fight, and I highly doubt anything "creative" comes up with is going to work as well as that would have.

So again I ask, how would you book it given the fact that you can no longer use the simple angle of Brock having run through everyone that matters until 'Taker comes along?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Just shoot me through the mouth so I don't have to bare the thought of this match happening

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Just shoot me through the mouth so I don't have to bare the thought of this match happening

How about I ask you to come up with something constructive instead?

Oh yeah, never mind, that's not your gimmick.

Anyone else want to have a go at this?

Starlight

I like it. I would love to see Lesnar end the streak, but only if he plans on staying with WWE. It is a golden opportunity. I have always been a Lesnar mark, so it may just be my biased perspective.

Well, you can always play on the past between Taker and Lesnar. Lesnar has beaten Taker prior to him quitting the first time. That could wear heavily on his mind and then when Lesnar defeats HHH at Summerslam because Taker and HHH left last year's mania on good terms, Taker could make his return and state it his job now to end the terror Lesnar is unleashing onto the WWE.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I do agree about WWE really screwing up by having Cena win. While Lesnar didn't need the win to look like an animal, it really takes away the unstoppable machine aura he could have had.

Taker/Lesnar could be fun, I can see them going for a very MMA-style feel in the match.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I agree that at this point, if they're going to do it, they'll have to play up the past history between them. It's just so underwhelming compared to what it might have been if they'd just let him go over Cena. Anyhow, that's water under the bridge since they've already ruined that one.

LB may have something with the MMA angle. They may even play up their "confrontation" at the UFC show.

One things for sure though, at this point Lesnar HAS to beat HHH or there's even less of a reason for this match.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Lesnar's contract is up at midnight after WM 29. He can say that he's leaving after WrestleMania so he wants his lasting memory to be ending Undertaker's streak. But I swear if Taker's streak ends to a part timer I'll kill someone. I'll be interested in the story as long as Undertaker wins