Lesnar, Rock, Cena WM29 Plans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that as of now, WWE officials are considering either a John Cena vs The Rock rematch or The Rock vs Brock Lesnar match for WrestleMania 29.

Many factors will play into how WWE eventually makes this decision, and most depend on how the next few months fare for Brock Lesnar. Management is anxious to see how Lesnar handles his new WWE schedule, which although is limited, has been an issue for Lesnar in the past. Officials are also waiting see how over Lesnar is with the fans following his match against Cena at Extreme Rules.

It appears at this point that WWE will hold off at least until the fall before announcing anything for WrestleMania 29.

They shouldn't do a Rock vs Cena rematch, that was only supposed to be a once in a lifetime match. WWE should make Lesnar go undefeated for a long time and then make him win the championship sometime this year and hold onto it til WM28 (still undefeated). The Rock comes out at #30 at the Royal Rumble and wins it and then you have The Rock vs Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship at WM29.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I like your idea, I really do but I don't want it to happen. It would be great at Summerslam or Survivor Series and then let one of 'em go to Wrestlemania against somebody new. The fact that The Rock and Lesnar are big names in WWE doesn't mean that the only opponent for 'em is Cena.

The Rock vs Cena - once in a lifetime. Was great but it was ONCE in a lifetime, dammit.
Lesnar vs The Rock - "Old" stars facing each other at Wrestlemania, taking the spotlight. Not sure about it...

I say build some new stars. I mean, there are so many guys with so much talent and the WWE officials are not thinking about building up somebody throughout this year, they are thinking about the Lesnar/The Rock feud for WM. SOMEBODY GIVE THEM BRAINS!

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
They shouldn't do a Rock vs Cena rematch, that was only supposed to be a once in a lifetime match. WWE should make Lesnar go undefeated for a long time and then make him win the championship sometime this year and hold onto it til WM28 (still undefeated). The Rock comes out at #30 at the Royal Rumble and wins it and then you have The Rock vs Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship at WM29.
this is a great idea and exactly how id book it.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
If Rock vs Lesnar is for the title, I'm going to be really angered by it. Two guys that aren't going to work full time going for the gold on the world's biggest stage. I rather see Cena vs Taker for the title where even if Taker wins, I would have no problem with him having a short title reign because he would do if called upon.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'd be okay with it, depending on how they went about it, maybe bring in another young upstart or something. It really depends on how they do it.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The Rock being whored all over Wrestlemania twice in a row was enough for me. I know a lot of fans wanted to see the guy back and all, but he's really not doing anything that sticks and he's seriously over-staying his welcome imo. Especially after the last main event was billed as "once in a lifetime" and WWE already looked desperate enough, they would actually considering doing it again? I know the Mania buyrates were through the roof and all, but there are other people besides Rock that can contribute.

I wouldn't mind Brock v. Cena, Brock v. Punk, or Brock v. anyone else on the roster that could benefit from the match. I just hope WWE doesn't fall into full blown "has-been mode" like WCW did in the mid-90's and it turning around and biting them in the ass in 5 years when they don't have any young stars established. Mania is the best time to establish those younger stars and shouldn't be used to re-sell stars that are already very much established.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I expect Rock to win the Royal Rumble, almost 100% sure that's going to happen. They'll probably do Cena vs Rock again, this time for the belt so there's something added. Twice in a lifetime.

Brock vs Taker also seems fairly likely because Brock will probably stick around for 'Mania at least, and that's a match WWE's been trying to get for a couple years.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I'd prefer Taker vs Lesnar or Taker vs Rock as its never been done at WM, Cena I think is in major need of a rebuild because lets face it I can't see him winning at Extreme Rules due to it being Brock's first match back.

Cena can finish off his feud with CM Punk as they never really finished it off before Punk was forced into that abysmal feud with Kevin Nash and Triple H.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Cena v Taker has to happen.

Rock v Brock isn't interesting at all, IMO.

rcoot93

Reaction score
Don't want to see cena rock rematch, or the rock in a big match really it was great forthis year but next year it would be old news.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree that WWE would be pushing it a bit if they booked Cena vs. Rock again since they did bill it once in a lifetime. I wouldn't have minded them going for a series of three matches spread over a year but with Brock back they have better options. Rock vs. Brock is my preferred choice for WM29. Put the movie star against the MMA star, two of the biggest box office draws of all time, they can rekindle their feud from almost a decade ago where Brock beat Rock to win his first WWE title. It has to happen at WM.

As for these guys overshadowing younger stars there are normally 7/8 matches on the card. You need big names for WM otherwise it isn't WM, you need those big draws to get the million buys. Rock vs. Cena got them 1.3 million buys this year and so they need a massive match to get people interested next year. The younger guys have plenty of time between now and WM29 to get themselves over enough to get on the card but they need to earn the spot rather than think that they deserve it just for working there all year. If you don't draw you shouldn't be in one of the top matches at WM.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Do you guys really think Cena will benefit from a match against Brock? He's already their top guy, has been for how many years? Punk would benefit a lot more, but I'm still pushing for Punk/Stone Cold at Mania! Rock vs. Brock would easily be their biggest sell, their biggest draw as Troy mentioned. I'm all for the young guys coming up, but they shouldn't be given a match like that after only a year or so of working for the company. Remember, WWE did this with Wade Barrett when he won NXT, pushed him to the moon! That didn't last long and now's he mid-carding. I'd really like to see Rock vs. Brock to be honest. That would be a match I'd be extremely excited for. Just because Rock would have to train extra hard, as we have seen that Brock isn't afraid to throw punches and shit.

Cena vs. Taker is a horrible idea to me. As I am NOT a Cena fan, I'll admit, he's excellent on the mic, but he's nowhere near the caliber of Taker in my opinion.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Cena vs. Taker is a horrible idea to me. As I am NOT a Cena fan, I'll admit, he's excellent on the mic, but he's nowhere near the caliber of Taker in my opinion.

Cena vs. Taker has to happen eventually. They have to have the biggest star of this generation, John Cena, take a shot at ending the streak. It would be a massive match because people would be unsure about who would actually win. For me I would save that match until WM30 if Undertaker thinks that he can last another two years otherwise run it at WM29.