Leo Kruger Gets A New Gimmick

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I went to this event. He was billed from Ireland, for some reason, and he had this routine where he lip synced a song, not that he had a mic or anything, so he's basically a member of 3MB if one went solo. His Leo Kruger accent is pretty much gone, and he didn't acknowledge the Leo chants at all.

BaxCVVJCMAAcIRR.jpg:large
Really don't know why they got rid of his South African, Big Game Hunter type character as I thought it had potential. This gimmick is just set up to fail, horrendously.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I like the attire. But I won't judge on anything else until I see a video of the gimmick to get more about it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Kruger did a tour with the main roster for some live events, I'd guess he didn't get the act over sorta like they rebooted Ambrose after his live event tours.

I liked it because it reminded me a bit of Mobty Brown, just needed to either work on his charisma or be strong and silent

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Really don't care for this guy and this is like his third gimmick in two years.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Kruger did a tour with the main roster for some live events, I'd guess he didn't get the act over sorta like they rebooted Ambrose after his live event tours.

I liked it because it reminded me a bit of Mobty Brown, just needed to either work on his charisma or be strong and silent
Personally I don't think live events should be the test to see whether they're getting over not as a random new guy, with what I would assume no story isn't going to get over. Sure there may be some instances to go against what I said, but I think the house shows should just be to see whether they're playing the character to managements liking and that their ring ability is up to scratch. When they get onto the main roster then and you give them stories and the feuds then you can see whether or not the gimmick is connecting.

Personally I thought he had the slightly crazy character down pretty well. The creepy South African accent, the hair pulling, missing tooth and the 'Ta Ta' line. Kinda sad to see it go tbh.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The new goofy gimmick seems like a way to lower his stock before they eventually release him. The guy doesn't have anything I think is marketable or would gain interest in an audience.

And live events are the best ways to see if someone can get over, it's the place the casual audiences attend in the US, because most of the smarky fucks know there is no camera to try get themselves over.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
And live events are the best ways to see if someone can get over, it's the place the casual audiences attend in the US, because most of the smarky fucks know there is no camera to try get themselves over.

Don't know how true that is, I mean how many smarky fucks who don't even pay for PPVs and still complain about them would pay for TV tickets instead of the cheaper live event tickets :adr:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Don't know how true that is, I mean how many smarky fucks who don't even pay for PPVs and still complain about them would pay for TV tickets instead of the cheaper live event tickets :adr:

Excellent point

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Ugh. WWE changing yet another gimmick *sigh*

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ugh. WWE changing yet another gimmick *sigh*

It's still developmental, not likie they don't do thi all the time. But this guy has been on Orlando for along time, time to cut him.