League Sign Up: Season Two/Pre-Start Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, we're back! It's been a month but it's time for season two. Will it live up to the legacy of season one? Probably. We don't have baseball this time so this might go more smoothly. Key word: might.

We start at the Royal Rumble so that gives us 14 days. Should be fine. My current thing is 4 days to have people sign up then we do the draft. Boom. So 16th January is the sign up deadline and the draft. Same time as last time, 1pm gmt is the sign up deadline. We'll probably be full by that point. Then 7 hours later, we start the draft. You can Google stuff to get the time in your timezone. 8pm gmt. This thread will also be for any questions or comments you have until the draft.

Make sure to read all the important threads below to make you're fully in the know.

I would definitely recommend checking the scoring system even if you competed in Season one because we do have a unique way of doing the Royal Rumble because it's a major thing. Also there are 14 slots this time for players which is two more than last season (technically 3 because Grievous left before the draft but shush.) Talking about that, let's get to the tagging.

Last season's competitors (not including Seth because he really REALLY doesn't want to be apart of it for unknown reasons.):
@Just Kevin , @Redboy123@ , @InsaneAlphaBeta , @Patriot Pants , @King Of Armageddon , @DualShock , @Beavie , @Jonny Nostradamus , @Jeffry Fucking Mason

People who have shown interest: @white crow , @Jacob Peabody , @Maporeon

Let's get this on the road.

Member Name:
Have you read all of the other threads?:
Team Name:

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Member Name: Beavie the best gurl regardless of gender.
Have you read all of the other threads?: Oui
Team Name:

This time, I will be.

Bidoofs.png

THE TORONTO BIDOOFS

with

GM Ryan B. Doofinbaker

giphy.gif

and Head Coach Paul Shaymin!

giphy.gif

Patriot Pants

LDW Champion (855+ days)
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Member Name: Patriot Pants
Read the threads?: Yup
Team Name:
blockers1.png

Head Coach: Paul Heyman
Paul_Heyman_bio.png

General Manager: Teddy Long PLAYA!
7239214_crop_exact.jpg

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Member Name: Jonny Nostradamus
Have you read all of the other threads?: Yes
Team Name: The Prophecy
cpV3X9S.png

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Member Name: Y2JCake
Have you read all the other threads: No, are they any good?
Team Name: bloodlusT Raider revolutioN Experience (got the call from Vince, now that we're the champs on the main roster, he wanted us to change our name)

That's right, BAY BAY, the motherfuckin champ is back, boys and girls! And we going for triple digits again. LET'S FUCKIN DO THIS!

Suggestions:
Absolutely hate the tag team rule. Everyone has equal opportunities to draft tag teams, and is actually harder to draft them because they take up two picks. Also, with them taking up two slots, there is more risk involved because if they lose, they're losing double points from a tag match. This completely kills an entire potential strategy for basically no reason. People got plenty of chance last season to see how risky or rewarding having both members of a team can be.

Possibly have a small reward for ironman and/or most eliminations in the Rumble? Thinking 3 points for each would be fair...

Small thing, and it may not even matter, but I'm thinking the 24/7 title should maybe be held to the same point system as regular titles, BUT ONLY WHEN IT'S CONTESTED IN AN OFFICIAL MATCH AND NOT 24/7 RULES, and held under the current 24/7 rules that you posted when it takes place during a random encounter. I'd also throw in the suggestion that, to make the 24/7 title a little more interesting, maybe award 1 point for a successful "defense", aka escaping successfully and surviving an entire show without losing the title.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
You only hate it because that is how you won.
Go back and look at points, bruh. Even with me only having one of them, I still woulda won. And as I brought up already, drafting two members of a tag team CAN be extremely rewarding, but at the same time, it can also be extremely risky. Having both tag champs, for example, would be a loss of 14 points if they lose the belts. Loss of 10 if they lose a specialty non-title match. I feel like it's pretty balanced. And again, if people are really that frightened of someone getting both members of a tag team, then they can easily just draft the other member once they've seen that the first one was drafted. There's plenty of ways around it. This just kills a big part of multiple strategic aspects of the game, imo

• Haha

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Go back and look at points, bruh. Even with me only having one of them, I still woulda won. And as I brought up already, drafting two members of a tag team CAN be extremely rewarding, but at the same time, it can also be extremely risky. Having both tag champs, for example, would be a loss of 14 points if they lose the belts. Loss of 10 if they lose a specialty non-title match. I feel like it's pretty balanced. And again, if people are really that frightened of someone getting both members of a tag team, then they can easily just draft the other member once they've seen that the first one was drafted. There's plenty of ways around it. This just kills a big part of multiple strategic aspects of the game, imo
Cool, man.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Just re-sign me up with the same team name

I'll most likely be working when the draft starts since it's in the middle of the week so I will PM a list of 20 superstars to Reag very soon.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I'll most likely be working when the draft starts since it's in the middle of the week so I will PM a list of 20 superstars to Reag very soon.
Just gonna recommend this now so I don’t get complaints about missing deadlines. XD

Reactions: Nostradamus

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Member Name: Seto-san
Have you read all of the other threads?: Si
Team Name: The Real Rock 'N' Rollers

Last edited: