Leading into SummerSlam.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
With our modern day MAHARAJA as champion I'm having a hard time picturing SummerSlam's booking on the blue-side. It's great too! SDlives booking is unpredictable and that it allows for better discussion. So time for some early predictions!

Jinder going into SummerSlam WWE champ is crazy enough but even crazier might be that he (co-)main events the show with Rusev. I seriously think Rusev will be in the WWE title picture upon return. He might even be a surprise winner of the MitB match. I'm all in for Rusev/Jinder but it's probably not best for that to be at the top of the card.
Jinder/Cena is another possibility. Cena challenging Jinder for his 17th WWE championship. In this scenario it would be best for the MitB winner to cash in because Cena's record breaking win should be a WrestleMania moment. Either like a cash in or a triple threat with AJ or Orton... something that involves Cena not to winning.

If Rusev isn't challenging Jinder then I think maybe Shane McMahon is the next best option. I dunno I think that'll just be real fun to watch. Shane proved he could be carried to a decent match at least.

Nakamura needs to be challenging for a title so I guess Nakamura/KO for the US championship? Eh, I don't know how good that can be.

Zayn and Ziggler could put on a fucking banger. Not that their story leading up to the show would be good but the match would be some shit.

AJ and Corbin...If Cena doesn't come back for the title match just put them in a triple threat at SS. Corbin works best in triple threat and Mahal doesn't have to try hard with Styles carrying.

Idk just some ideas just some theories. If you got any...Let's talkerino!

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
That is one thing SmackDown has going for them right now, we are not sure what they will do next. Raw on the other hand... Well... lol

I wouldn't mind a Zayn and Ziggler feud because the matches would be really good and very entertaining. I think the smack-talk in between would be decent too.

Nakamura is rumored/favorited to win the MitB briefcase right now. That is what I don't really understand.

Oh and Cena is said to come back in July/August and since Miz is on Raw now, I think starting a new feud with someone who needs some building would be a good idea. Not sure who though.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I think Nakamura vs KO feud would be good.

Ziggler vs Zayne would be nice, especially if they end the feud with a gimmick match like falls count anywhere or something.

Love the SD booking, it's crazy. So crazy you have no idea what to expect. If Jinder can be WWE Champ, surely anything is possible (Which makes sense with their whole land of opportunity gimmick)

Smg

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Stuff I think would be interesting for SS:
  • Cena vs Nakamura
  • Sami Zayn vs Nakamura II
  • Nakamura vs Baron Corbin (these three matches wouldn't happen all on the same show, but they're just some ideas for possible Nakamura opponents)
  • Tye Dillinger vs Kevin Owens vs Dolph Ziggler for the U.S Championship (If booked right, and if they want to push Tye, then this would be awesome. He'd definitively get the cheers here)
  • The Fashion Police vs The New Day (Fashion Police would be champs and the match would end with one of the New Day turning on each other. Preferably Big E)
  • Ths Usos vs American Alpha (just something for these teams to do, and they can put on a good match. Would have to repackage AA a little bit though)
  • Rusev vs Jinder Mahal for the WWE Championship
  • Randy Orton vs Aj Styles. Orton may have to turn heel during/after the match

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
I don't think Dillinger will get on the card for Smackdown.

I also think that Mahal has absolutely no chance of being anywhere near the main event. The main event will be Lesnar against one of the 6 current competitors (most likely Strowman)

Regarding Smackdown's inclusion, Summerslam is a party show. As such, New Day, Styles, Cena and Nakamura will definitely feature. Nakamura is unlikely to challenge for the US title that early as that title would limit him. He either loses it fast or he can't get into the main event picture. Owens is more likely to face Cena as a challenger for the US title that Cena takes from him when Cena returns.

Don't forget that Jericho is due back before Summerslam, where I find it likely that he'll be facing off with either Styles or a major heel (Corbin/Mahal/Rusev/Ziggler, wow SD needs better heels)

I'm also surprised that nobody has mentioned the women of Smackdown at all. Only one match is likely so I think that's when we're going to see Charlotte vs Asuka.

Reactions: Solidus1 and Smg