Show LDW Declaration

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
LDW_logo.png

Presents…

A voice-over begins with video footage playing of a letter being written with a quill and ink as very sophisticated music plays.

“It was written years ago…”

And the person writing begins to recreate the opening of America’s Declaration of Independence.

“When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.”

Then the screen cuts to static.

“But today is a different kind of declaration…”

Footage begins to play of LDW’s roster members either in action or in segments as the narrator begins to talk with metal music playing.

“Liberty or Death Wrestling is aiming to separate itself, not from oppressors, but from the pack of competition.”

It begins with both Reagan Cole and Nova Taylor, showing when they were backstage with each other a few weeks ago, and showing them in the ring, doing their signature offence.

“Whether they wish to make a statement that they belong with everyone else…”

Following with footage of Al Blizzard cutting a cold glare on his way down the ramp, Corey Keenan hitting his Leg Drop Bulldog, and then of Blizzard cornering the plucky underdog with his hand on his chin.

“Or that the old way of doing things is dead…”

Then, in a battle of the bright and dark side of America, we have scenes of the various attacks from Luke Saint over the past month and in-ring footage from him and his opponent, Patriot.

“Showing you refuse to bow to adversity…”

Finally, the feature match tonight, the World Title match with video footage from their promos, matches, and their physical altercations with their two steel chair attacks, and both men standing stall over the other.

“And that you are worthy of the title of champion.”

Then, a shining image of the LDW World Championship shows on the screen.

“We have formed a house where people are free, violent, while a shadow watches over them…”

With a final shot of both Slate Bass and Eden together, the hype package comes to an end with the theme music for the show beginning.

“From the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, we are proud to bring you-”

LDW_Declaration.png

As “Declaration” by Bayless plays, we join a rowdy crowd in Philly as we are in the home of hardcore wrestling, the 2300 Arena, and it is decked out for Declaration, the second PPV in LDW’s history. The stage has extra screens and lights, with the LDW World Championship on a stand in the middle of it, a reminder of the prize for the main event. The ring, with the signature red, white, and blue ropes of LDW and the company logo in the middle, is our usual affair aside from the aprons baring the Declaration logo. We see Rodney Perkins and Wally Shine at ringside ecstatic as ever.

Perkins: Hello, everyone! Rodney Perkins here along with Doctor Smooth Wally Shine, live on PPV and we have an action-packed night and in our main event, we finally crown our first LDW World Champion as Darius Wright takes on Brian Toogood in a Street Fight.

Shine: Brian Toogood is set to make sure nobody takes him lightly again and after Darius Wright ruined his talk show debut and helped create his first loss, I think that maybe the only thing saving him in a match which is seen as Darius’ environment according to most.

Perkins: That, and the injury he gave Darius a few weeks ago, one which we are not sure if he's fully recovered from.

Shine: But an angry Darius Wright is a deadly one, and we can look forward to crowning our first champion in that match.

Perkins: Also tonight, after several disgusting attacks, including putting a young and promising talent on the shelf, Patriot gets his chance at revenge against The American Crime lord, Luke Saint.

Shine: And this time, after weeks of multi-man beat downs, the owners of LDW, for how shady they are, stepped in and barred any “associates” from ringside for the match. There are no seconds, and this is Patriot’s chance to get one even on that scary dude.

Perkins: But, considering the second beating he received, I doubt the main event will be the only match someone will be entering in at less than 100%. Adding to this show is the LDW debut of Al Blizzard, accepting an open challenge from Corey Keenan.

Shine: Al Blizzard is here as a new man, with a new... darker leaf. I doubt this will be a pleasure for Corey Keenan, but if he can capitalize on the right chance like he nearly did with Brian Toogood, we can see an upset.

Perkins: And it’s rather strange that beating Al Blizzard would be considered an upset considering his record before, but at this point, we might as well remove that history from him... There is something scary about them.

Shine: But before all that, we have a great opening match.

Perkins: Indeed. A battle of two friends looking to not just showcase themselves, but set themselves apart on a bigger stage, we have Reagan Cole, with a chance to prove he can hang again as he takes on the plucky Nova Taylor!

Shine: They share a never-say-die attitude, a history of adversity in and out of the ring, and a dislike of the bosses, and it may not be a blood feud, but it will be entertaining in its own way.

Perkins: And I think we can ge-

Interrupting the show’s theme and the commentators, we have an impromptu appearance from one of the main eventers for tonight, Brian Toogood. Already with a microphone in hand, with a suit and fedora on, clearly not dressed for his main event yet, Brian Toogood isn’t about making a flashy entrance right now. The rich-kid comes out quickly, not barring the usual over the top egotistical grin, and cuts his music.

BTG: Okay, okay. Let’s put this show on hold for just a moment, I gotta get something off my chest...

And with that, the crowd is already jeering Brian Toogood.

BTG: I said... I need to get something off my chest!

More boos come as they drown out Brian, the hardcore crowd showing their displeasure with Toogood.

BTG: Okay, seriously, I can smell the Philly Cheesesteak on your breath. You know, sweaty meat, processed cheese, heart-attack in a bun, we get it. Now go grab a mint and shut up!

The crowd boos once again, but the clear jab at them makes them pipe down for long enough for Brian Toogood to talk.

BTG: These past two weeks have been utter shit. First, my grand talk show was ruined by Darius Wright who abused a loophole to use his thick head to try to knock my perfect teeth out of my mouth. Then, that no good street rat had to get involved in my main event, and ruin my perfect record! I have a loss to Reagan Cole, people! Someone who once tapped out to a girl... Granted a psycho that somehow found someone willing to conceive a child with her, but still. Then I come down here, your dumb baristas mess up my coffee, and I smell horse shit everywhere.

Cutting a glare at the fans, Brian adds.

BTG: And I can’t even get my dear girlfriend to comfort me because she doesn’t want to go here out of fear of contracting some airborne illnesses. For the past two weeks, I’ve felt like crap because Darius Wright is out to ruin my life! Hell, the guy wants to make me have the fear of death… Way to take the name of the company literal, dumbass! And people are criticizing me over someone who kidnapped a cameraman! A poor… well, poor cameraman! My mood has been terrible...

The gaze of Brian Toogood lies on the championship title as he picks it up.

BTG: Until I remembered what I am fighting for. The LDW World Championship. This right here, I said it before, and I will say it again, will be something you will see for years to come! And to do it in a Street Fight I feel is just too good. Because everyone has written me off as an egomaniac, as someone who is “All Talk...” or whatever. Well, guess what? Tonight, Darius and I have an even playing field because there are no rules. I can do whatever I want and so can that lunatic! Am I risking my safety? Yes! But I am doing that just so everyone here can shut up and finally see me as who I truly am...

Putting the title down, Brian Toogood, looks at the crowd, pointing and saying...

BTG: Great! The Greatest Technical Wrestler. The best fighter, the guy who brings Big Money, the Golden Traveler... Haha, and someone who isn’t just hot dogging but gets results!

Too busy with his tirade, Brian Toogood doesn’t notice a familiar face coming behind him. With his signature mask... It’s Taboo!?

Shine: What...?

Perkins: Why is Taboo out here, he isn’t booked!

Gazing at the title, likely enjoying its shine, Taboo takes it off the mantel and high tails it out of there, causing chuckles!

Perkins: Taboo just took the title! Hahaha... Wait, that’s not good.

Shine: It isn’t good, but hell, that guy has more than a few screws loose.

Hearing the crowd laugh, Brian remains oblivious to what has happened.

BTG: Yeah, keep laughing now, but you won’t be laughing after tonight. That title will come home to me. Darius Wright will get the fear of GOD in his eyes because I am B... T... G, and I will be the first and greatest champion, in LDW history. And that is Too Good!

Walking away, not looking at the pedestal, and leaves.

Perkins: Well, this show is already getting off to a chaotic start.

Shine: Well, with that, let’s finally get to the first match as we get someone to get the title back before the main event…

Singles Match
Reagan Cole vs Nova Taylor

With a strike of a drum on the PA system, the Philly crowd cheers as the arrival of Reagan Cole is coming. The electric guitar takes over as the crowd builds up their anticipation before finally the opening line of "I stop the world and walked away, I was melting in." breaks in and Reagan Cole walks through the curtain and there is a massive smirk on his face as he wears a maroon jacket as well as a t-shirt which reads “Reagan F’N Cole,” as a little nod to some of the old wrestling in Philly. Reagan Cole soaks in the crowd reaction as he gets ready for this match between friends as Clarissa Garcia introduces him.

Garcia: This opening match for Declaration is scheduled for one fall! Making his way to the ring first, from Essex, England, weighing in at 215 pounds, the British Apprentice, Reagan Cole!

Perkins: Changing tone, we have an opening match without bad blood running through it, but instead a competitive spirit as Reagan Cole walks down the aisle, looking to follow up his shocking win on PrimeTime.

Shine: Some people are a bit sceptical of the validity of his win over Brian Toogood, but considering what happened, I still say it was earned. And now, if he can beat the girl who lasted longer than he did against Darius Wright, I say he’s made his claim to the top of LDW.

Going down the ramp to high five the fans, Reagan Cole takes his time in the home of hardcore wrestling and makes his way around the ring. He hops on the apron and over the top rope, getting on the top turnbuckles where he raises his arms, doing a small clap before heading down. “Wire Walker” fades away. Soon after, rainbow lights fill the arena, signalling the arrival of a certain girl.

The song “Now” from Paramore fills the 2300 arena and the crowd once again cheers with the arrival of the “Rainbow Princess,” coming. Nova Taylor steps out, rainbow splattered attire and backwards cap in tow, giving a small “curtsy” before twirling around and heading towards the ring, excited as ever.

Garcia: And his opponent, from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, she is the Rainbow Princess, Nova Taylor!

Perkins: And the reason why this match came to be, to begin with, Nova Taylor, after her win on PrimeTime, said she wanted a match to live up to her personal motto, and felt a match with Reagan Cole would do it.

Shine: And I expect this match to start off a little light, but I know a thing or two about Reagan and Nova, they’re competitive. Once things get going, I expect this to be as hard-hitting and heated as any other match as both of them really want a chance to impress.

Much like Reagan Cole, Nova takes her time to high-five the fans down the ramp and around the ring, keeping a brisk pace about her. Nova takes off her ball cap and tosses it into the crowd, going on the apron and crossing her legs before swinging herself into the ring. Getting on the top turnbuckle, Nova Taylor does a peace sign with her hand, before blowing a small kiss to the passionate crowd as she jumps down into the ring. Her theme music fades away and she removes her jacket, standing across from Reagan Cole.

Summary:

As the bell rings, both of them quickly shake hands before circling each other. Reagan Cole attempts a lock-up, but Nova Taylor rolls away, before quickly tripping him up for a schoolgirl roll-up. Reagan Cole is quick to get his shoulder up and he immediately takes her down to the mat with a headlock. The smaller Taylor has to find a way to worm her way out and attempts another quick pin to the same result, and Reagan Cole responds with one of his own, folding her up before she rolls out and kicks him right in the face! Shocked by the kick, Reagan Cole grabs his chin and stumbles back. Although, keeping his spirits high, he mutters “Not bad, kid…” before continuing with the match.

After another small sequence, Reagan Cole responds with a strike of his own, dropping Nova with a clothesline, and when Nova tries to respond with a dropkick, Reagan Cole sidesteps the attempt and drops her with a snap tornado suplex! That keeps Nova down for the moment and Reagan Cole takes advantage, keeping her grounded with an armbar. Her first attempt to get out ends with Reagan Cole dropping an elbow, now taking this match a bit more seriously, and picks her up again with a rear-waist lock, before doing a gutwrench suplex and a pin, only getting at one and a half.

Cole continues his strategy of keeping the high-flying rainbow daredevil down with submissions and suplexes, wearing her down slowly. However, an attempt for a victory roll into a german suplex ends with Nova Taylor landing on her feet and flying through the air with a forearm. The Rainbow Princess quickens the pace, hitting a dropkick before springboarding off the ropes with a twisting crossbody, then a standing shooting star press! Nova quickly tries a pin, but only gets one as she continues on.

Nova relies on some hard kicks to Reagan Cole’s chest, proving to him how much she’s been working on her kicks, and eventually, Reagan Cole responds with an elbow. With their intensity brewing a bit, but still keeping a playfulness about it, Nova gestures for Reagan Cole to bring it, and the two start to exchange strikes in the ring. Eventually, the larger size of Reagan Cole gives him an advantage, backing Nova to the ropes. Reagan Cole attempts to clothesline Nova out of the ring, but the Rainbow Princess drops the top rope, sending Reagan Cole to the outside as Taylor darts through the air with a suicide dive!

Feeling a flow of adrenaline through her, she picks up Reagan Cole and brings him back into the ring. She quickly follows up with a trick out of her family’s playbook with an MST Tornado DDT and goes for the pin.

One

Two

And Reagan Cole kicks out!

Seeing a chance to get the win, Nova Taylor keeps an eye on Reagan Cole and tries for Over the Rainbow, but knowing her well, Reagan Cole grabs her leg as she tries to swing herself over and drops her for a backbreaker! Keeping a hold of her, he puts Nova in a reverse front facelock and swings her overhead with his signature inverted suplex! Now he tries for a pin, and Nova somehow kicks out!

Keeping rather focused, Reagan Cole chains together a series of suplexes, from a back suplex to german, to even a half-and-half suplex. A tired Nova backs up to the corner and Reagan Cole charges for a clothesline, but Nova Taylor ducks it and responds with a running hurricanrana! Keeping it quick, she does a calf-kick, then she spikes him on his head with a reverse frankensteiner! Finally, she backs up to the corner and with all her might, nails a Super-Duper Kick!

Mid Match Moment:

Perkins: And the Super Duper Kick!

Shine: Nova may have it!

With a grounded Reagan Cole, Nova Taylor wipes the sweat off her forehead and goes on the apron to head to where she is most comfortable the top rope. She slowly climbs the turnbuckles, ready to put her friend away.

Perkins: Starlight Splash incoming!

Shine: This may be one of the biggest wins of her career!

Nova Taylor rests on the top turnbuckle, getting ready to spring off… Then the lights begin to flicker as a shrill scream of a woman fills the arena!

Perkins: What’s going on!? Ah, my ears!

Shine: This is some serious Voodoo shit here!

Hearing the sound sends a cold shiver down the spine of Nova Taylor as she stands there, practically frozen in place.

Perkins: And this has Nova… frozen in fear. Why!?

Shine: Come on, girl, it’s just a lights issue and spooky screaming, just do it!

Hands shaking, it is clear this is putting Nova on edge and, slowly, she steps down from the turnbuckles, and finally, a lightbulb goes off in the head of Rodney Perkins.

Perkins: I recognize it now! This scream sounds like.. Nova?!

Shine: Wait… This is audio footage of her… Right! From when she had a major ankle injury that took her out of wrestling for a year!

With Reagan Cole getting up, he covers his ears at the sound of the screaming and looks at a shaken Nova in the corner. Eventually, the lights return to normal and the scream stops. Realizing that this is perhaps a bigger issue than just a match, he walks over to Nova with caution. “Hey, Nova… Relax, it’s over.” He says trying to comfort her. Nova takes a deep breath and says… “O-okay…” softly, before throwing an elbow and hitting Reagan in the chin!

Perkins: And an elbow from Nova!

Shine: She is really on edge now.

A little shocked, Reagan Cole glares at Nova who holds both her hands up. “Hey! W-We’re in a match, right?! Sorry!”

And with that, the match is back on.

Summary cont:

Almost reset, Nova and Reagan Cole square up again, but it is clear the Rainbow Princess is still on edge from that unfortunate reminder of the past and she’s somewhat hesitant to do anything in the air. Reagan Cole is in control for a little bit, locking in a Liontamer for a good minute, until finally, Nova manages to roll out, hitting a snap DDT! She quickly tries a pin, but Reagan Cole still keeps his shoulder up. Nova Taylor does some sidekicks to the legs and abdomen, slowly regaining her strength to hit hard, and pushes Reagan Cole to the ropes. She Irish whips the Englishman to the opposite side of the ring. Nova drops low before hitting him with a dropkick on the way back. Finally building some steam, she Irish whips him again and try to leapfrog over Cole, but Reagan Cole chop blocks her out of mid-air, a super Kickstart!

Nova flips over and lands on her back, grabbing her leg and being completely disoriented. Reagan wipes off his face, a little annoyed that Nova hit him after comforting her, but realizing that it is just the nature of wrestling, shrugs it off and eyes her up, looking to end this match once and for all. From behind, Reagan Cole runs off the ropes and leapfrogs over Nova, dropping her with a facebuster, Fire of Cole hits! He rolls Nova onto her back for the pin.

One

Two

Three!

Winner:
Reagan Cole
15:24

Perkins: And Reagan Cole comes out of the opening match of Declaration the victor!

Shine: It was a great showcase of both of them, but that… scream, it took Nova out mentally.

Perkins: You have to wonder how much that played into the match?

Shine: Part of wrestling is that you need to be prepared for anything and adapt. I get Nova probably didn’t expect that, but she wasn’t willing to rise up to overcome it. If anything, she should be thankful Reagan Cole chose not to capitalize off it.

Regardless, Reagan Cole comes away with another win and the British Apprentice’s hand is held up high by the official. Keeping his celebration rather subdued, Reagan Cole heads to the top turnbuckles, perhaps a little upset over the “spooky tactics” that happened mid-match. Nova, coming to her senses, does a deep sigh and pulls herself up. Extending her hand to Reagan, they shake and Nova holds up Reagan’s hand. Seeing she’s upset, Reagan Cole tries to give her a pat on the back, and Nova gives a small grin, but it is clear she’s still rather pissed off after what happened. The two slowly exit the ring as we fade to a brief break.

Backstage Segment

Taboo is frantically walking around backstage, making unintelligible noises that he intends to be words. The LDW World Championship is clutched against his chest.

Security: HEY! With the belt! Stop right there!

Taboo turns to see LDW’s, rather large, official security down the hallway behind him.

Taboo: Haha, GAME! Catch Taboo for shiny!

Security: Get back here with the belt weirdo!

Taboo takes off down the hall with a team of security chasing after him.

The camera goes back to ringside to the commentators looking confused.

Shine: Well I-

Perkins: Don’t let’s just- gah, somebody get the belt from him!

Singles Match
Corey Keenan vs Al Blizzard

As we come back from the insane chase of Taboo and the world title, Corey Keenan has already made his entrance and stands in the ring as Clarissa Garcia begins to announce him.

Garcia: Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, already in the ring…from Concord, New Hampshire, weighing in at 178 pounds, Corey Keenan!

Shine: Corey Keenan has not had a great go of things here in LDW, but you’d be wrong if you said he didn’t try his best.

Perkins: True, you have to give it to the kid, even in defeat he’s been somebody that tries his damn hardest and fights tooth and nail until the end.

Shine: Great competitor, a nice guy and the fans like him, but will he be able to live up to his potential here in LDW?

Perkins: He’s going to have to prove himself tonight against a man who just returned, Al Blizzard. Blizzard is looking a lot more fierce, a lot more serious and a lot scarier than we’re used to.

Shine: To put it simply, Al Blizzard means business.

After about 24 seconds into “Remedy” by Seether, Al Blizzard appears on the stage and is met with the displeasure of the crowd.

Garcia: And introducing his opponent!... From London, England, weighing in at 254 pounds, the self-proclaimed “Face of Ruthlessness” Al Blizzard!

Shine: Well you can certainly hear what the fans think of Al.

Perkins: Let’s be honest here, the fans need to forget what they know about Al Blizzard and his past. Yes, it has shaped him or moulded him, or whatever you want to call it, into what he is today. He’s here not only to change the game, but he’s here to change everyone’s perception of who he truly is.

Shine: Well what or who exactly is Al Blizzard now? He went away for a while after a, uh, less than a stellar career, but I must admit that he does look a decent bit scarier now.

Perkins: He is a man possessed, somebody that you no longer want to take lightly. I have information from some very reliable sources that the Al Blizzard you see right now, is a fair bit removed from the Al Blizzard of the past.

Shine: Well I guess we’ll see in this match, won’t we?

Al Blizzard has circled the ring with his eyes deadlocked on Corey Keenan. He climbs up onto the apron and enters the ring, still not taking his eyes from his smaller opponent.

The referee rings the bell and both competitors meet in the center of the ring, trash-talking one-another until one of Corey Keenan’s comments is met with a slap to the face, absolutely flooring him.

Shine: There go his taste buds!

Perkins: Look, they’re in section 302!

Blizzard lays repeated knee drops to the side of Keenan before kneeling over him and ramming his forearm into the noggin of “Mr Squeaky-Clean, Lean and Mean”.

Al Blizzard stands up and taunts the crowd yelling out what sounds like “This your guy? Huh, this your guy?!”, but the momentary showboating works against him as Corey Keenan hopes up and hits an enzuigiri on Blizzard, making him stumble. Following up on this window of opportunity, Corey runs off the ropes, jumps and hits a flying elbow on Al Blizzard which sends the big man off the ropes himself.

However, this would prove to work against Corey as Blizzard rebounds off and comes running full force with a spear that almost cuts Corey in half!

Shine: He calls that “The Mauling”!

Perkins: Kid did a backflip! And Blizzard isn’t done!

As smooth a transition as you’ve seen, a dazed Keenan lands on his knees from the spear as Blizzard rolls onto his feet looks behind him and superkicks Keenan’s head almost clean off of his shoulders!

Shine: He just made that boy “Bow Down”!

Perkins: This king shows no mercy!

Grabbing Corey Keenan by his left arm and left leg, Blizzard lifts him from the ground and directly onto his shoulders.

Perkins: The power!

Shine: I guess you never underestimate a blizzard!

Al Blizzard stands in the center of the ring facing the camera and mouths out “I’m back!” before swinging Corey Keenan and dropping him with a Fireman’s Carry Cutter!

Perkins: That’s it, the Al Cutter!

Blizzard aggressively hooks the leg while staring directly into the camera.

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

The referee calls for the bell, declaring Al Blizzard the winner.

Winner
Al Blizzard
2:34

Garcia: Here is your winner, Al-

Clarissa is stopped as Al Blizzard brings Keenan back to his feet in a piledriver position.

Shine: Ok come one Al, you already won.

Al Blizzard jumps up and comes back down, driving Keenan face-first into the mat with his patented Pedigree known as “Punishment”.

Al Blizzard gets back to his feet and yells out, celebrating his decisive victory. He continues to stare into the camera, breathing angrily, as the crowd showers him with boos. Slowly rolling out of the ring, Al Blizzard yanks a microphone out of the hand of the time-keeper and goes back into the ring, shouting into it.

Blizzard: I told you all! I told you I could crush this little punk! All the fans said I was "Way in over my head." Well, what do you have to say about that now? Huh? HUH!?"

The Punisher of Wrestling scowls at the fans who are still jeering before he lets out more anger.

Blizzard: For my entire fucking career I've never been treated with the respect I deserved! I did everything I could to earn it, but no! Everyone treated me as a joke, their punching bag for memes and material! But now, I'm going to get it. I demand it right now. And if I don't get it, I'm gonna take it by using all this anger that's built up for years and unleashing it on every sorry bastard I see! And there is nothing you can do-

“Nothing Remains,” by Evalyn Awake begins to echo through the arena and then a newcomer walks through the curtains. With long hair, a beard, and a smirk on his face, he looks out at Al Blizzard who is far from amused at the sight of the person who interrupted him.

Perkins: Wait for just a second, that’s a new signee to LDW. Ladies and gentlemen, his name is Jay Washington. He’s a second-generation wrestler out of Arizona who started out in a backyard wrestling scene before getting formal training from his father, “One in a Million,” Cody Washington, a former champion in his native region.

Shine: Coming from the West Coast, I know a thing or two about his father. A confident swagger, and heart of gold, maybe he has some of that in him... But I’m not sure he inherited his brains, he’s coming out to confront a pissed off Al Blizzard!

The audience, although not overly familiar with Jay Washington, give a small cheer, thanking him for interrupting Al Blizzard. With a pair of jeans and camo t-shirt with “The One,” written on it, he has a microphone in hand and says something moderately sarcastically.

Jay: Wow... Al Freakin Blizzard. The Man, The Myth, The Blizzard, what’s up, dude?

Blizzard looked around a little looking confused but then turned back to look at Jay.

Blizzard: I'll say the same thing to you as I did to that weasel Brian Toogood on Social Media.

Jay: And what is that?

Blizzard chuckles.

Blizzard: I don't even know who you are…

The crowd jeer at the cold response from Blizzard. Not letting it get to him, Jay shrugs it off.

Jay: That may be the case for now... But I'm fine with that. But I’ll at least introduce myself a tiny bit, I’m Jay Washington. My blood runs through this sport and I’m happy to say I’m a newly signed roster member to Liberty or Death Wrestling. But enough about me, this isn’t about who I am. This is about you, Al. Everyone knows who you are, not because you make headlines. But it’s because you’ve been running your mouth over and over and over again and you’ve only been in this company for a few weeks!

The crowd cheer a little more now.

Blizzard: Come and say that to my face then, kid! Come on! You want me to stop talking? Then shut me up…

Jay chuckles at the request.

Jay: Well, that’s very typical of you…

Blizzard visually got a little angry as he kicked the bottom rope.

Jay: Ok, what was I going to say? Ah! I have been watching you for many years. NGW, IWT, RWK, the British wrestling scene and now here. And in a lot of ways, I was rooting for you to break out. But it’s a shame, you’ve changed... Really, you changed a lot, why?

Blizzard: Why do you think?

Jay: I think it is because you knew inside that you were never good enough for those promotions. That's why you were never successful in them and that's why you went to the British scene, to hide. You hid because you could never deal with your failure in those promotions. But I'll admit, you changed into a better competitor, but not a better person. Remember the good old days. Bottle Heads? Do you remember that? Not exactly a winning combination, but you could at least sit back and have a drink.

Keeping a stone face, Al Blizzard says plainly.

Blizzard: I left that all behind to focus on myself.

Jay: You made the wrong decision. You have fucked your brain. Do you think that being ruthless is better? It isn't. And I know for a fact that you have fucked your brain and that's because you think that you deserve respect. You, of all people!? There are plenty of other guys...plus one girl... in that locker room who deserve respect while people like you don’t. You just steal that spotlight by being arrogant and pushing everyone else aside. You think Brian’s the weasel, but you’re just a more pissed off version of him.

The crowd cheer some more and Blizzard walks up to the ropes and pushes down on them.

Jay: You treat people like shit Blizzard. In the ring, on social media, everywhere. And would you like to know how to be respected?

With a hint of sarcasm, Al Blizzard responds with saying…

Blizzard: Enlighten me.

With a smirk, Washington says emphatically.

Jay: You have to earn it.

Blizzard: Earn it?!

Al Blizzard repeats in a mocking tone.

Blizzard: Oh I don't need to earn it, got it? I deserve it! I’ve deserved it for years!

Jay: No Blizzard! You don't deserve it one bit. I will show you how to earn respect, in that ring.
Raising an eyebrow, Al Blizzard says trying to hold back laughter.

Blizzard: Is that a challenge?

Jay: You bet your ass it is. How about we face, maybe at the next PPV, just so we can have some time to prepare? Blackout I think is the name of it, and seeing I doubt you’ll be getting a title shot any time soon, you’ll be free that night.

The crowd cheers at the challenge and the fact Jay Washington appears to be holding his ground against an admittedly scarier version of Al Blizzard. The brute from London can’t contain his laughter any longer and lets out a very unsettling laugh before saying emphatically.

Blizzard: You're on!

Jay: Perfect... and there I will show you how to earn respect, and that's by putting on one hell of a match and having your handheld high. I'll see you at Blackout.

Jay's theme cuts back in as he goes back through the curtains and leaves Blizzard standing in the ring.

Backstage Segment

After her match earlier, we see Nova Taylor, still rather annoyed, storming through the backstage area, refusing to look at anyone. Sitting down on a crate to give herself a mental break, she runs her hands through her hair and gives a great big sigh. Her PPV debut for LDW, far from Sydney Turner, LDW backstage interviewer, approaches Nova with a microphone.

Turner: Nova? Would you mind giving your thoughts on what happened out there?

Looking up, Nova says, a little sarcastically.

Nova: Well, it beats bottling it up, eh?

Turner: Exactly.

Sydney smiles at Nova, trying to reassure her.

Turner: Well, your match with Reagan Cole had a bit of controversy with what happened in the middle of the match, and as we’ve discovered, it was an audio playback of your injury almost two years ago.

Nova nods.

Nova: Yeah, I kinda remember that well. I recognized it right away and it reminded me how… dumb I was for letting myself get hurt like that. I was a rookie and wanted to do this super complicated move for someone who had barely been wrestling for a year, and it ended up with me landing on my ankle and snapping it. It took me out mentally.

Turner: And do you think that cost you your match?

Nova: Frankly, it’s more me not being mentally prepared to handle it. Reag’ was nice enough to let me get settled a bit, but it was my fault everything from there. Reagan earned this win. But it still ruined the match because it leaves a bad taste in everyone’s mouth.

The Rainbow Princess turns her head away and folds her arms.

Nova: I wouldn’t mind a rematch sometime, but I just thought wrestling would be where I’d be safe from bs like that. And I’m not going to try for that rematch until I get all that sorted.

She adds.

Nova: And we all know Eden and Slate Bass are behind it… If I’m going to be stuck wrestling here, I-

Interrupting her is the sound of yelling as Taboo, with the LDW World title in his arms, is being chased by security! Sydney Turner leaps out of the way as the group runs by, nearly bumping into the crate Nova is on. Sydney blinks as she watches the chase as for the Rainbow Princess, she groans and gets up.

Nova: This day sucks…

Clearly done with all this stuff going on today, Nova Taylor walks away as Sydney Turner sighs as Nova walks away, feeling sorry for her.

Singles Match w/No Seconds
Patriot vs Luke Saint

“Keep Your American Dream” by Beartooth starts to play in the arena and the fans erupt with excitement, fully aware of the blockbuster they’re about to witness. Patriot appears on the stage and goes from side to side pumping up the crowd.

Garcia: Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is scheduled for one fall! In this match, Luke Saint’s associates are barred from ringside!

Shine: As they should be.

Garcia: Introducing first! From Boston, Massachusetts, weighing in at 199 pounds, “The Personification of LDW” Patriot!

Perkins: He’s undergone weeks of, well basically torture, at the hands of Luke Saint and his associates. Now he finally gets a fair shot against the “Patron Saint of Crime” here at Declaration.

Patriot has made his way down to the ring, having high fived the crowd along the way. Suddenly, a member of the audience throws a balled-up American Flag at Patriot. He manages to catch it and hops onto the turnbuckle, unrolls the flag and puts it on display above his head, much to the absolute delight of the crowd.

Shine: Got to love the fan service!

Interrupting the excitement of Patriot and the crowd is the music of Luke Saint. A black 2019 Cadillac Escalade rolls onto the stage as “If You Want Blood” by ACDC blasts through the speakers. It stops and two suited men wearing US flag bandanna face covers, glasses and black caps exit the Escalade. They open the back door and out comes a third man wearing a clown mask.

Garcia: And his opponent! From New York City, weighing in at 222 pounds! “The Patron Saint of Crime” Luke Saint!

Once his name is said, he takes off the clown mask and hands it to one of his associates before signalling them to get in the Escalade and leave.

Perkins: As per the rules, Saint’s compatriots are not allowed ringside during this match, so he has instructed them to remain backstage.

Shine: Tonight we find out if Luke can “boss up” and actually defeat Patriot on an even playing field.

Luke proceeds to remove his trench coat, rings and gloves before rushing down the ramp and into the ring.

Shine: Oh, it’s on!

Match Summary:

Rushing the ring, Luke Saint slides in and immediately tackles Patriot down to the mat as the referee rings the bell. Saint lands punch after punch to any part of Patriot’s body that he isn’t attempting to block. However, Saint doesn’t notice Patriot slowly repositioning himself the entire time until he is able to slip out from underneath Saint and put him on his stomach. Quickly, Patriot is able to get on top of Saint and he’s attempting the Liberty Lock!

Perkins: Already?! It could end now!

Saint, knowing how dangerous this submission would be, is able to swing his arms wildly and hit Patriot enough to force him to stop the submission attempt. Luke rolls out of the ring and tries to gain his bearings after that scare.

Shine: Luke Saint just managing to escape certain danger there.

Perkins: The ability of Patriot was on display as he lured Saint into a false sense of security and was almost able to end this match by perfectly turning Saint’s offence against him.

Shine: Patriot is certainly not playing any games tonight as-oh look out!

Patriot jumps over the top rope and lands a senton onto Luke Saint, sending both men down to the floor. Not slowing down, Patriot picks Saint up to his feet and begins throwing kicks to the legs of Saint, guiding him around the ring. Now ramp-side, Patriot dropkicks Luke Saint into the barricade, leaving him standing, but leaning against it.

Perkins: Saint’s going to have to get back into the game here if he hopes to put away this more aggressive Patriot.

Shine: I’d say less aggressive, more like he’s trying to prove the point that he isn’t somebody to be pushed around. You can’t just bully Patriot and get away with it-

Patriot runs with a full head of steam at Luke Saint but fails to land a move as Luke Saint manages to grab Patriot, using his momentum against him to toss him into the air, and down rib first onto the barricade. Patriot falls off the barricade, holding his ribs as he rolls in pain on the floor.

Saint rolls Patriot into the ring and showboats before starting to climb the top turnbuckle.

Shine: I think we know what this usually is.

Perkins: Saint might be trying to end this one now, and I don’t blame him, Patriot’s hurt.

Now on the top, Luke Saint yells obscenities at Patriot as he leaps off the turnbuckle, landing the double foot stomp onto the midsection of Patriot.

Shine: “6 Feet Deep” into the body of Patriot!

Luke rolls Patriot to the center of the ring and hooks the leg for the pin while also digging his forearm into Patriot's face.

One!

Two!

No!

Patriot not only gets out of the pin, but he manages to turn it into a Triangle Armbar!

Perkins: Clever! Patriot has the armbar locked in and Saint never saw it coming!

Patriot wrenches the arm of Luke Saint, causing an immense amount of pain to the Patron Saint of Crime. Saint tries to pry himself free from the grip but that only makes the positioning more awkward and painful for him. Realizing he won’t be able to get out of the grip, he decides to rely on something else, brute strength.

Shine: Luke Saint’s lifting Patriot with almost one arm!

He manages to get Patriot off the ground to about the height of his own chest, before slamming him down into a powerbomb, ending with Saint on top of Patriot for a pin!

ONE!

T---

Patriot kicks out just before the two count. A noticeably angry Luke Saint gets up, shaking his arm to get the blood flowing.

Perkins: Remember, that’s the arm he goes for “Saint-ioned Violence”, so on top of Patriot trying to end the match with that triangle, it may have been a tactic he employed in an attempt to neutralize that move.

Shine: If that’s what it was, we have to give credit to the Red, White and Blue Wonder.

Now back to their feet, Luke Saint embraces Patriot and tosses him with a Belly-to-Belly Suplex, sending him towards the corner. Patriot gets back to his feet, but once he does, he’s met with a swift boot to the face that turns him around in the turnbuckle. Capitalizing on this, Saint hooks around Patriot's waist and pulls him back for a bridging German Suplex!

Perkins: Right on the back of his head!

ONE!

TWO!

AND PATRIOT KICKS OUT!

Saint slams his hands on the mat out of frustration. Albeit resilient, Patriot has still taken some damage throughout this match and Luke Saint knows this. Wanting to end this match, Saint takes his fleur de Lis ring out from his kneepad.

Shine: There it is, there’s the equalizer!

Perkins: How is using that legal?

Shine: Maybe it’s in his contract? Slate and Eden are weird like that.

Perkins: Careful man.

Luke yells at Patriot as he waits for the smaller man to get to his feet. Once he does, Saint rears back and lunges forward for “Saint-ioned Violence”! But wait! Patriot manages to duck the punch and hit a massive roundhouse to the head of Saint! A dazed Saint goes down to one knee and the crowd goes wild! Feeding off of this energy, Patriot runs towards the ropes as Saint gets to his feet and hits “The Stuna’”!

Perkins: Patriot with a Springboard Stunner!

Shine: I don’t know if he was playing possum or not, but it worked and now he’s back in control!

Luke Saint falls onto his stomach, dropping his ring beside him. Acting fast, Patriot hops onto Luke Saint so he can’t reach for it and proceeds to hook his leg and head to lock in the “Liberty Lock”!

Shine: Liberty Lock! It’s in, it’s in!

Perkins: Middle of the ring! But Saint is still reaching for the ring!

As Perkins said, Saint is reaching for the ring, which is fingertips away from being in his possession. Still, in the Liberty Lock, he claws at the mat and manages to pull himself closer to it, where he manages to finally get it in his grasp. Saint is trying to put it on his finger when Patriot decides to momentarily let go of the pressure, grab the ring out of Saint’s hand and use it against him! He reapplies the Liberty Lock but this time with Saint’s own fleur de Lis ring forced directly into the eye of the Patron Saint of Crime!

Shine: Turnabout is fair play!

Perkins: Using Luke Saint’s own secret weapon against him!

Luke Saint screams out in pain as his own ring is being forced against his eye, his leg is bent and his head is pulled back, arching his spine. Patriot’s face turns red without the white and blue as he applies an excessive amount of pressure to the Liberty Lock. The official asks Saint if he quits and the insane criminal shouts “NO!” but it is clear he is in agony.

Patriot pulls back even harder and Luke Saint lets out a horror-movie like scream before tapping out in the middle of the ring and the referee rings the bell. Patriot immediately releases the hold, slams the ring down onto the mat and jumps up to his feet.

Winner:
Patriot
18:26

Garcia: Here is your winner, Patriot!

Shine: The kid did it!

Perkins: Yeah, he put away a criminal mastermind, but is that really the mountain he wants to die on? What’s to stop Saint and his goons from coming after him even harder?

The referee raises Patriot’s arm in victory as Luke Saint rolls out of the ring, being met with two of his associates who help him to the back as he stumbles his way out.

Backstage Segment

On-screen, four security guards lay on the ground in the hallway. They groan on the ground as the camera pans up to show a very satisfied Taboo, standing on top of a production crate.

Taboo: Hehehehehehehehehe, Taboo still shiny! Taboo love shiny. Nobody takes shiny.

Production Assistant: Taboo, just give the belt back. The bosses, ahem, our bosses really want you to give it back. No questions asked, just hand it here.

Taboo stares at the production assistant quizzically. He looks at “shiny” then the assistant, then to “shiny”, then the assistant—repeating this a comical amount of times.

Taboo lets out a large, awkward, sad sigh before tossing the LDW World Championship at the production assistant.

Taboo: NOBODY TAKE SHINY!

After yelling this at the top of his lungs, Taboo leaps off of the production crate and kicks the production assistant in the face, causing him to throw the title in the air, which Taboo catches.

Taboo: MINE! Taboo catch, Taboo run! Game continues! Hahahaha!

The camera goes back to ringside to the commentators.

Shine: I can’t.

Perkins: Oh. My. God.

Both commentators sit with their hands over their faces.

Please join LDW for our next PPV event...

LDW_Blackout.png

Coming to you from the Barclay's Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Witness the first-ever defence of the LDW World Championship as either Brian Toogood or Darius Wright will defend against a challenger to be determined at a later time.

As well, Jay Washington will go one on one with "The Punisher of Wrestling," Al Blizzard.

Perkins: That's right! Next time we are on PPV, we will be in Brooklyn, New York and the Barclay's Center will be the venue of choice!

Shine: We already got Al Blizzard and Jay Washington agreeing to face there, but we will need to find out who will be fighting for the world title...

Perkins: Speaking of... I am getting word that they have apparently got Taboo cornered... Let's get our title belt back so we can get to our main event!

Backstage Segment

The camera cuts to backstage, showing Taboo coming through an open door and slams it shut before locking it and placing his chest and face against it.

The pounding and yells of security on the door begin to dissipate as Taboo pants almost enthusiastically.

Taboo: Haha! Taboo safe, nobody find here!...Wait, what is here, where is Taboo?

Taboo Quickly turns around, placing his back against the door, and staring straight ahead.

Taboo: Ooooooo………….

The camera swings around to show what Taboo is looking at.

In front of him, standing in front of a very expensive wooden desk, are the owners of LDW Slate Bass and Eden. Slate stares blank-faced holding a martini glass while Eden stands with her arms crossed.

Taboo: Taboo in trouble?

Eden lets out a deep breath.

Eden: Taboo…You have been running around, making a fool of my security detail, making a mockery of my production crew and causing all sorts of mayhem backstage after stealing the LDW World Championship…It has made for entertaining television.

Taboo: Taboo…trouble?...

Slate Bass places his martini on the desk before both he and Eden walk towards Taboo.

Taboo: Taboo hurt?...No hurt Taboo!

They both stand in front of Taboo.

Eden: Don’t worry Taboo, you aren’t going to get hurt.

Slate Bass pats the LDW World Championship, which Taboo still clutches against his chest.

Eden: At least not mortally.

Taboo: Hm?

Slate Bass forcefully pushes Taboo, busting open the locked door and sending him to the ground in the hallway.

Eden goes into the hallways and stands over Taboo, with him between her legs. She picks up the LDW World Championship.

Eden: This shall go back to where it belongs…and you Taboo, congratulations, you now have a match on Declaration. Go to the ring. Now.

Taboo groans.

Taboo: Hnrgh……Taboo have match? Who opponent?

Slate Bass steps into the hallway, looking down at the grounded Taboo.

Eden: Taboo…consider this an opportunity. Granted, it’s not one that you will succeed in, but an opportunity nonetheless…In fact, if you win…I promise you that you will become the Number One Contender for the LDW World Championship after we crown the first champion tonight.

Slate Bass lets out a chuckle and walks down the hallway towards a sign that says “RING”.

Eden: Oh and you’re paying for the door out of your paycheck. Now go.

Eden walks back into the office with the LDW World Championship.

Taboo gets up and runs off down the hall leading to the ring when he gets abruptly stopped…by a boot…to the chest.

Slate Bass waited around the corner for Taboo to come running.

Slate: Silly, silly creature.

Slate grabs Taboo and drags him towards the ring area.

Impromptu Match
Singles Match
Slate Bass vs Taboo

A few seconds after the camera switch, Taboo comes sailing through the air from behind the stage, landing on the rampway. Slate Bass walks calmly behind him undoing his cufflinks as he gets close to Taboo, who is trying to get up. Once making it to one knee, Slate unloads a stiff right hand to the face of Taboo, who rolls towards the side of the ring. Slate finishes removing his suit jacket and shirt, now in his usual in-ring form.

Shine: The boss looks jacked!

Perkins: Can’t lie, he looks to be in better shape than he ever has.

Shine: Some time to heal your body works wonders.

Slate now has Taboo in the ring and tells the referee to ring the bell, which he does. At this point, Eden has also made her way ringside with the LDW World Championship, which she has placed by the timekeeper for the Main Event later in the show.

Perkins: Great to have this back where it should be.

Shine: Not great to be in the position Taboo happens to be in.

Slate Bass is standing on Taboo’s hand, causing the masked man to scream out in pain. Slate reaches down and grabs Taboo by the mask, lifting him to his feet and then shoving him into the corner. He begins laying in vicious body blows to Taboo, each one hitting harder than the other. Taboo starts getting lower and lower into the corner, trying to block the shots, which causes Slate to violently stomp at him. Getting through Taboo’s defence is easy for Slate as he now picks up Taboo and launches him to the center of the ring with a biel throw.

Perkins: Taboo lands hard in the center of the ring!

Shine: You mean what’s left of Taboo, the guy is basically non-existent at this point.

Perkins: True, his body is here but I think the rest of him is still in the hallway backstage.

Slate walks over to the remnants of Taboo and grabs him by the legs.

Shine: I think we all know what’s going to happen here.

Without any effort, Slate Bass deadlifts Taboo into the air and slams him down onto the mat with a Sit-out Powerbomb!

Shine: Bassline! That may be the hardest drop of Taboo’s career!

Perkins: That may be the end of Taboo’s career!

Slate, with an almost amused look on his face, sits there looking at Taboo. Eden, entertained by all of this, laughs at ringside and beckons for Slate to walk over to her, which he does.

Eden: Make sure he looks good for the family portrait, my love.

Eden looks towards the stage and waves for a stagehand. Shortly after, a female stagehand emerges with a camera around her neck and wheeling a baby carriage to ringside. Once at the side of Eden, the stagehand reaches into the carriage and picks up the couple’s baby, Keres, who she hands off to Eden.

Eden: Don’t go anywhere, you just got a promotion. Hope you’re good with that camera.

Eden looks back at Slate and nods at him, and he responds back in kind.

Slate goes back over to Taboo and stands up his limp body. Holding him from behind, Slate sets up and follows through with his classic finishing maneuver, “The Blank Slate” Omega Driver.

Shine: Oh come on, he’s had enough-

Perkins: Do you really want to tell him what is and what isn’t enough?

Shine: Good point.

Slate motions for Eden and the, now Photographer, female by her side to enter the ring. Slate Bass then goes for the cover on Taboo.

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

Winner:
Slate Bass
1:13

Garcia: Here is your winner, the co-owner of Liberty or Death Wrestling, Slate Bass!

Shine: Well that was difficult to watch, Slate absolutely dismantled Taboo-

Perkins: Wait what are they doing?

Slate Bass puts the unconscious Taboo in a seated position and kneels next to him. Eden, holding Keres, joins them, sitting cross-legged beside them. The Photographer positions herself in front of them, but points at Taboo instead of taking a picture.

Slate: Right.

Slate holds Taboo’s head, making him face the photographer. Slate and Eden put on big smiles as the photographer snaps a “family portrait”. Once that’s over, they both display disgusted faces, Slates pushes Taboo’s body over and then helps Eden stand as she holds their child. The couple, their baby and the photographer all leave the ring and proceed backstage.

Shine: What…just happened.

Main Event
Street Fight
UndisputedTitle.png

LDW World Championship Match
Darius Wright vs Brian Toogood

With the world title returned, it is time for our main event. With the time-keeper’s area, thankfully in one piece, we have the prize two of LDW’s top stars will fight for.

Perkins: Main event time here for Declaration and we have a street fight to determine the inaugural LDW World Champion. After weeks and weeks of taunting, attacks, threats, and ego, this is where we will finally settle things. Darius Wright takes on Brian Toogood.

Shine: It all comes down to this and I know the joy of winning gold and the bitter taste of defeat. I think both of these men, love ‘em or hate ‘em, have the potential to be a champion of some kind somewhere in their career, but only one will say he was the first.

And with that, the lights of the 2300 Arena flicker like it is a power outage and the lights turn off, with the fans knowing who is coming out, and him being the far less detestable man compared to his opponent, the hardcore crowd cheers him on as his theme music plays in.

With “Scared of the Dark,” playing through the speakers, we all know who is coming. A spotlight appears on the stage as Darius Wright makes his way out with a new look, likely preparing himself for the street fight stipulation. With a white wife-beater shirt, jeans, boots, and a sack on his head, the Dark Traveler has a rugged appearance. He tilts his head and rolls his neck before heading down the aisle.

Perkins: Darius Wright, someone who has been known to be rather intense in LDW in such a short time, he has yet to be pinned or submitted, but he has one loss on his record, thanks to Brian Toogood.

Shine: And he is coming in with a potential target in that arm. Brian Toogood has shown he knows how to pick apart a body part, that arm especially, and this match he can do anything to weaken it. On top of Darius’ anger, those are two things Brian can exploit.

Perkins: But they enter a match stipulation which many say fits Darius perfectly, so we’ll see.

Walking to ringside and towards the steps, Darius Wright wipes off his boots on the apron before stepping into the ring, lights still flickering as he is in the center of the ring. Slowly, he removes his sack on his head to show an intense stare. Wright tosses it to the side and the man from SoCal gets towards a corner with the official there to remind him to “Wait for the bell.”

Rather than going straight to Brian Toogood’s regular theme music, the opening to “Money on my Mind” begins to play as we see the screens read “BIG MONEY” with dollar signs and a golden font. As the instrumental kicks in, two cheerleaders wearing outfits fashioned around Brian Toogood’s aesthetic walk out with cash guns, shooting fake dollar bills around the stage and into the crowd with BTG’s face on it while the screen changes between Brian’s various nicknames like “BTG,” “The Best at Hashtags,” “The Golden Traveler,” ”The Great,” and even his birth name of “Brian Theodore Goodman.”

Perkins: ...Does that money have Brian’s face on it?

Shine: Yes… Yes, it does. I’ll say one thing, Brian at least knows how to make his big matches a spectacle.

Perkins: Even if it is a little too self-indulgent.

Shine: Oh, agreed, dude.

As the second section of “Money on my Mind,” begins, Brian Toogood makes his way his way out with a back and gold vest and sunglasses, and fedora, along with a pair of pants for the night to fit with the street fight stipulation, done with a BTG flare of matching Diamond logos with his initials on it. Much like the cheerleaders, he has cash guns with his self-loving dollar bills and he turns around, shooting them both in the air as “Money on my Mind,” fades away and it is replaced by a familiar tune.

With his theme music playing for ten seconds, drawing a mountain of boos from the crowd, Brian Toogood turns around, arms out wide, walking to the sides of the stage to bad mouth the crowd before getting to the center of the stage, gesturing around his waist a championship belt, before heading down the aisle way.

Perkins: Brian Toogood is as confident as ever, with the reality that the world championship being on the line tonight, but you have to wonder if this will blow up in his face, or will he prove to all of us his pedigree?

Shine: I’m gonna be honest, when he’s between the ropes and the bell rings, he can do so well for being so young. He still has maturing to do, along with the biggest attitude adjustment imaginable and I hate to admit it, but Brian Toogood does have “Big Money,” written all over him.

Perkins: But will he be the first champion? Or will that honour go to Darius Wright?

Walking around the ring, Brian Toogood keeps an eye on Darius Wright who is far from impressed with his entrance, and Brian gets on the apron. Heeding the ref’s orders, for now, Darius gives Brian space for him to get into the ring and get on the top rope to gloat to the crowd. Eventually, “Live Fast, Die Young,” cuts away and Brian and Darius both head to the middle of the ring, getting in each other’s faces until the official breaks them up for the main event’s introductions.

Garcia: Ladies and gentlemen, this is your LDW Declaration Main Event! This match is a Street Fight! There will be no disqualification, no count-outs, and anything goes! And, it is to determine the first LDW World Champion!

There is a cheer from the Philly crowd as Clarissa Garcia looks to Darius Wright.

Garcia: Introducing first, from Los Angeles, California, weighing in at 243 pounds. He is the Dark Traveler, Darius Wright!

The crowd cheer upon hearing his name and Darius Wright rolls his shoulders, keeping his eyes on Brian Toogood.

Garcia: And his opponent, from Buffalo, New York, weighing in at 243 pounds… He would like to be announced as the Golden Traveler…

And as expected, Brian Toogood points towards his chest at the announcement of his initials as the crowd jeer wildly at his introduction.

Garcia: B… T… G… Brian Toogood!

Brian opens his arms wide, giving a wide grin before removing his glasses, vest and fedora. Surprisingly, changing gears a bit, he smirks and leans on the corner, full attention on Darius. The official is handed the title to hold up and the two challengers have their eyes glued on the gold before the championship is returned to the time-tables area. The time for gloating and threats are over for both men, it is time to fight as the bell is rung, signalling the start of the match.

Summary:

As soon as the bell rings, both men go full steam like horses right out of the gate and wail on each other with punches, drawing cheers from the crowd. Brian is the first to break the flurry of punches with a knee lift, then he hits a clothesline that fails to bring Darius down. “That’s the best you got?!” Darius screams before nailing a hard elbow to Toogood’s chin. Darius does the same, hitting him hard with a lariat, but considering Brian is the same size as Wright, he too manages to keep himself from falling down. Brian, rather than hitting Darius, spits directly in his face, infuriating the Dark Traveler who takes down the Trust Funded wrestler with a double leg takedown and throws a rain of punches and elbows! Fearing for his safety, Brian Toogood quickly grabs Darius’ right and pulls it behind his back, trying for his Kimura early on! Knowing the Buffalo Wild Wing is about to be locked in, Darius quickly pushes off and backs up, shaking his wrist and the two, continue on.

This time, the display is a little more technical as upon meeting in the middle of the ring again, Brian Toogood quickly takes Darius down with a side-headlock takeover, throwing a close-fisted punch on the dome of his head before pulling his chin up. Not to be outdone, Darius manages to roll Brian over and out of the clutches of the Buffalo native, then pulls him in for his Triangle Choke! Reaper’s Clutch in a move to mirror what Brian tried to do to him! With Brian still fresh, however, he prevents himself from being trapped in the tree-trunk legs of Darius Wright and instead pushes off and quickly hitting a boot to the face of Darius Wright!

Adding in several stomps and elbow drops for good measure, Brian Toogood quickly rolls out of the ring and, surprisingly, is the first one to grab a weapon. Getting a folding steel chair from the commentary area, he quickly rolls in the ring shouting “Remember this!?” and he slams it on the ground, waiting for Darius. Showing ferocity, Brian is practically frothing at the mouth at the thought of smacking Darius with the chair, but when he swings, Darius boots the chair back in Brian’s face!

Brian Toogood is stunned momentarily as Darius Wright wipes off his face and turns around, stretching his arm for the Pitch Black Lariat, but Brian Toogood kicks the arm away and runs off the ropes, nailing a jumping high knee, finally taking Darius down! For once, not taking time to gloat, Brian immediately picks up the chair and swings it across the abdomen of Wright! Multiple chair shots follow, and even some targeted directly at the right shoulder. He forces Darius in the corner who grabs his shoulder, trying to make sure it isn’t hurt. Toogood adds several stomps for good measure and wedges the chair directly in Wrights face while he’s seated. One big boot follows and Wright’s face is flattened with the steel chair! Brian Toogood attempts the first pin of the match, tasting gold, but Darius gets his shoulder up just as the official reaches two.

Slowing things down a little, Brian Toogood stomps on the arm before rolling him over into a Fujiwara armbar on the previously injured arm, dragging Darius towards the middle of the ring. Shouting as his arm is being tugged, the message is clear, Brian is lasering in on the arm and there is nothing stopping him from doing it. Eventually, with a little support from the fans, Darius starts to return to a vertical base, finally getting some pressure off. Fearing he’d lose the advantage he has, Brian Toogood drives his elbow into the arm, before lifting his knee up again to catch him on the chin. Darius Wright wobbles towards the ropes and Brian Toogood charges at him

For Darius to back body drop Brian Toogood out of the ring!

With his back hitting the edge of the ring, Brian swore under his breath and walks towards the guard rail. Darius Wright, rubbing his arm, is trying to get the feeling in it back as he steps onto the apron. Backing up to the ring post, Darius takes a deep breath before jumping through the air with a flying thrust kick, knocking Brian back into the railing and showing some rare agility!

Getting to his feet and feeling fired up, Darius lets out a yell, “That’s how you do it!” and stomps Brian for good measure. Feeling out his arm again, he gives it a small shake to make sure it is good before pulling Brian up by the collar and saying “Ready to pay the cost?!” before throwing him back first into the apron and laying in with several knees. Darius Wright is being unleashed! He pulls Brian Toogood back up who is clearly trying to figure out what is going on and Darius slams him with a Belly-to-Belly Suplex onto the floor!

Breathing heavily from pure adrenaline, Darius Wright steps over Brian Toogood and drops a knee on his back before pulling him up in a front facelock. Multiple knees to the head follow and then Darius Wright takes a stunned Toogood and lifts up the self-proclaimed “Golden Traveler” with his legs. Going full force, Darius Wright sends Brian Toogood THROUGH the steel barricade, making the corner one collapse with the combined 486 pounds crashing through it with the momentum of a freight train!

Obviously, Darius Wright is the first to get up, pulling himself up by the near-by railing as the official checks on him and Toogood before reminding the fans to stay clear of the action. Dragging a tired Brian Toogood by the arm, he takes him to the nearest ring post and essentially makes Brian hug it by leaning him up against it. Rather than hitting him, he goes on the other side of Toogood and grabs both his arms. Yanking Brian Toogood forward, he bounces off the post and then, with added pressure from his foot, tries to rip the arms off Brian Toogood and forces his face and chest into the ring post! Brian screams in pain as Darius keeps going until his grip slips and Brian coughs after the unique offence.

Enjoying this, Darius gives himself a second to gloat before grabbing Brian again through the turnbuckles, thinking about another go of it, however, the “Big Money” prospect quickly pulls Darius’ arm through, locking in an armbar with leverage from the corner post! It is Darius’ turn to feel agony as Brian pulls on the arm full force, trying to tear every muscle imaginable in the shoulder of Darius Wright! Audibly shouting the f-bomb at least a few times, Darius Wright’s arm is not feeling any joy from this. Eventually, Brian lets go and is quick to jump at his chance. Pushing Darius back into the ring, he puts the arm of the Dark Traveler in a chicken wing before turning him inside and out with his Buffalo Steak Lariat! Brian Toogood pins Darius Wright, title within his sights!

One

Two

And the match continues as Darius gets his shoulder up, still holding it after the nasty armbar!

Shaking his head, Brian Toogood is tired of playing around and rolls out of the ring, this time thinking of more weapons to aid him. He finds a black bag which he puts on the apron, away from Darius, and continues. Eventually, he finds a trash can filled with a multitude of weapons and that appeals to the rich kid. Rolling the can in the ring, he takes the lid off it and swings it at the back of Darius’ head! The metal is bent out of shape from the impact and Brian pulls a kendo stick out and wacks Darius across the back and shoulders with it multiple times! Getting in a back mount position, Brian Toogood wedges the Kendo Stick under Darius’ arm and locks in a modified Crossface Chicken wing with the weapon!

Kept in the hold for several moments, Darius Wright refuses to give up, and, seeing problems getting out of it any other way, uses his weight to get Brian Toogood onto his shoulders.

One

And Brian Toogood lets go of the hold and quickly rolls away. Darius gets his hands on the kendo stick which Brian Toogood just used, but before he gets a chance to use it, Brian Toogood throws the chair from earlier into his face, then follows through with a snap DDT!

With Darius Wright stunned and down, Brian Toogood opens the bag to reveal, not thumbtacks, but zip ties. Stomping on Darius, he drags the King of LA towards the ropes and ties both his hands on the middle rope! With Darius tied up, Brian reaches back in the trash can and pulls out a 2x4! Brian chokes Darius with it for a few moments before tossing the weapon aside, saying “Too 80’s!” as he does it. A second Kendo stick appears from the trash bin and Brian Toogood rips the wife-beater off of Darius. Then, to continue to target the arm and back, he swings the kendo stick repeatedly! Darius winces after each hit, but despite the pain, he is feeling… Gives a small smirk.

“Gimme more!” Darius shouts and Brian Toogood, with a big grin, happy follows through! Several more wealts are being formed and Darius, rather than screaming out, begins to bite the zip ties. With his kendo stick cracking in two, Brian Toogood tosses it away and pretends to wipe sweat from his forehead. Darius finally breaks the ties, but rather than getting up right away, he pretends to still be stuck and mouths off to Brian. “What’s wrong ‘BTG?’ Not man enough to do more? Don’t worry, I’ll introduce myself to your girl and show her a real man…”

There is one place you do not go with Brian Toogood, and that is his girlfriend he brags about every other second. Glaring at Darius Wright, he shouts“You’re trash, Darius!” before grabbing the garbage can itself! He charges at Darius Wright who plays possum and gets up, booting the trash can in his face!

Seeing stars, Brian Toogood doesn’t fall down, but Darius Wright picks up the trash can and puts it on Brian’s head! “You’re trash!” Darius shouts before charging full force, nailing his running knee, “The Wright Way!” Brian falls on the canvas and Darius is about to attempt a pin, but the official points towards the shoulders of Brian, still stuck in the trash can. Wright pulls him out and pins him.

One

Two

And Brian Toogood kicks out!

Darius sits up, still holding his shoulder after all the damage it has sustained and stalks Brian Toogood, aiming to take his head off. Darius Wright spins out for the Pitch Black Lariat!

But Brian catches him and pulls him into the Buffalo Wild Wing! The Submission that has put away everyone else stuck in it and is perfect for Darius’ injured arm! Torquing the arm with the Kimura Lock, Brian Toogood has the title in his sights. “I’m gonna be the champ! I’m going to be a champion you motherfucker, tap out! Tap now!” Brian Toogood shouts, showing a much-needed intensity, and Darius holds his hand up, considering the option, but instead, he tries to crawl on the apron, hoping for any way out. Darius gets to one knee, but Brian pulls him back down to the mat, still with his submission locked in! Reaching, Darius finds the steel chair from earlier and, after getting to a knee again, wacks Brian Toogood in the back with it until finally, Brian breaks the hold!

Getting to his feet, Darius grabs his shoulder as it is in agony and won’t be doing much for a while. Brian Toogood gets to his feet and holds his back. Seeing a chance to end it quickly, Darius Wright uses his other arm, nailing the Pitch Black Lariat! Using his non-dominant hand, he hits the Discus Lariat! He drops Brian Toogood and Wright covers him for the pin.

One!

Two!!

Th-

No!

Perhaps it is due to the fact it was his other arm, but the Pitch Black was not enough to put Brian Toogood away! Brian’s strategy is paying off, even if Darius didn’t tap out! Pounding the mat with his good arm, Darius Wright is furious and rolls out of the ring. Looking for something new, the Dark Traveler manages to find some lumber to help him, a good old table. Pushing it into the ring, Darius Wright thinks for a moment, before setting it up in the corner. As Brian Toogood starts to get up, Darius Wright quickly runs over and drops a knee on his ribs. With intentions of driving Brian Toogood through the table (and maybe to hell for good measure) Darius slings Brian over his good shoulder and looks at the table. As he runs forward, Brian Toogood slides behind him and rolls him up!

One

Two

No!

Darius Wright rolls his shoulders off the mat, but he is left scrambling for Brian Toogood to capitalize. First, his jaw meets the boot of Brian Toogood with a jumping superkick, “The Best Kick Around!” Then, with his opponent in a daze, Brian Toogood hoists him on his shoulders for a Fireman’s Carry, driving Darius Wright through the table with a Death Valley Driver! As what the name Brian calls it says, it did “Fold ‘Em Up Like an Accordion!”

Brian Toogood drags Darius out of the rubble and does another pin, surely ready to claim his gold!

One

Two

Thre-

No!

Through either will power, ego, or just hardheadedness, Darius Wright stays in the match and Brian Toogood, eyes widened from the kick out, is in disbelief. “H-He went through a table…” Brian mutters to himself as he looks down at Darius. Tired of this, Brian holds Darius up in a front facelock and puts him in position for a Suplex. “Nap time!” Brian shouts. A Good Night’s Sleep is here for Darius. He manages to get the feet of the Dark Traveler off the mat, but a knee from Darius mid-air stops his attempts. Stumbling backwards, Darius tries to kick Brian Toogood in the gut and the “Golden Traveler,” catches it. The Best at Hashtags shouts “HAHA!” before Darius gives him a big “Nope!” and swings his foot around for some Sweet Revenge! The Dragon Whip nearly knocks Brian’s perfect teeth out!

Wrenching Brain in the gut, a Dark Cloud Dominator is incoming. He gets Brian Toogood onto his shoulder…

And Darius shouts in pain and his grip slips, the shoulder! Darius Wright’s shoulder gave out on him. Coming to his senses, Brian Toogood quickly picks him up and drops Darius headfirst onto his knee with his Brainbuster, Good Night’s Sleep! The fans gasp as Brian Toogood covers Darius, legs flailing as he craves the championship!

One!

Two!

Three!

Wait!

Just before the hand of the official’s hand hits the mat, somehow, Darius Wright nudges his shoulder up and the ref quickly waves off the count! Brian Toogood gets up, thinking he’s won! But as soon as he sees the referee shake his head and hold up “Two,” Brian’s jaw drops....

“No…”

Brian mutters to himself…

“NO…”

He says again before all the anger he has built up in him unleashes!

“NO!!!”

And Brian Toogood top mounts Darius Wright and punches him repeatedly, with the crowd jeering as he does, Brian Toogood has lost it! He gets up, stomping on Darius’s stomach before grabbing the one chair in the ring and smashing it over his abdomen! Leaving it there, Brian Toogood rolls out of the ring and gets everyone in the time keeper’s area sitting on steel chairs to hand theirs to him. He throws the weapons in the ring with recklessness and goes under the ring and gets any chair he can find, tossing it in the ring…

And even to the fans!

He walks past the broken barricade and gets every fan within the first row of that side of the ring to hand them their chairs, intimidating them into doing it. Perhaps it is his ego finally cracking or just frustration, but Brian Toogood is out to destroy Darius Wright! With a good dozen or more chairs in the ring, Brian Toogood gets back in and starts to pile them onto Darius Wright, burying him in the furniture! Even throwing the scraps of the table on for good measure, Brian Toogood has become dangerous with the street fight stipulation and somewhat mental.

Doing something uncharacteristic, Brian Toogood gets onto the top turnbuckles, with his six foot three, 243-pound frame in the air. Being completely reckless, Brian Toogood dives down, hitting a splash onto the chairs on top of Darius Wright!

Grabbing his ribs, Brian Toogood’s face is red with anger as he eyes the pile once again. Repeating what he just did, Brian Toogood ascends to the top rope, poised to crush Darius Wright like a bug… Just as movement starts in the pile… And like a zombie back with revenge from the dead, Darius Wright pushes the chairs off him and sits up, eyes red with anger at Brian Toogood who stands there, frozen as he sees his opponent up.

Forgetting the pain of his arm for just one moment, Darius Wright charges at Brian Toogood and sends him crashing down from the top rope with a release belly to belly, crashing on the pile of chairs! Brian Toogood rolls around in pain as Darius Wright, slowly getting up, shakes his arm as much as he can to get feeling in it. He’s ready to make Brian Toogood… pay the cost. Kicking Brian Toogood in the gut with a spinning back kick, he wrenches the gut and finally has the strength to get Brian Toogood upon his shoulder. With full force, he sends Brian Toogood crashing into the chairs with his Dominator! The Dark Cloud looms over Brian Toogood and it hits! Rolling Brian Toogood over to his back, an exhausted Darius Wright makes the cover.

One!

Two!

THREE!!!

Winner:
-First LDW World Champion-
Darius Wright

29:53

Perkins: I think we witnessed the most brutal match in LDW’s short history, and what a fitting time to have it? Darius Wright has made Brian Toogood Pay the Cost and he is our FIRST LDW World Champion!

Shine: ...Both guys put it all on the line and battered each other. Hell, Brian Toogood showed he has far more guts than we gave him credit, but Darius Wright just pulled out everything and has EARNED the right to call himself LDW World Champion!

A tired Darius Wright looks up as his theme music plays, back lying down on the chairs, breathing heavily and holding his shoulder. For once, a small smile appears on his face. He’s a champion. Finally, he sits up and slowly gets to his feet as the official is handed the LDW World Championship from ringside, and hands it to Darius, holding his arm up carefully, and Darius Wright has put himself in history!

Heading to the top turnbuckles, the lights turn dim as a spotlight appears on Darius, the crowd, for tonight at least, are cheering him on as champion. He holds the championship up with his good arm and it shines brightly. Brian Toogood, blinking, realizes what has happened and he rolls out of the ring, lying on the ground, leaving himself a moment to sulk.

Perkins: With Darius Wright as our champion, who will be the first to step up? Who will be the person to take it from him?

Shine: Or who… will Pay The Cost!

Perkins: That’s all for Declaration here tonight, thank you for joining us!

Getting back to the center of the ring, the official puts the championship around Darius’ waist and the fans, a little Philly tradition, throws streamers in the ring of different colours as Darius Wright stands there as champion with the scene fades to black….

OOC:

@Jeffry Fucking Mason
(Welcome back)
@Jonny Nostradamus
@Patriot Pants
@DemonHunter1257
@The Reagmaster
@King Of Armageddon

Thank you very much for your guy's help with this fed thus far. Making characters and developing their storylines, helping input with segments, etc. A big congrats to the first champ, and hopefully as we get to the next PPV, things will only pick up from here. Enjoy the first proper PPV with an actual story to go off of, and may this fed continue to rock! (And keep it bright and colourful as my Rainbow clad character would say).

Match sign up should be up tomorrow and the card within the next couple of days after!​

Attachments

• LDW_Declaration.png
    LDW_Declaration.png
    7 KB · Views: 15

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Great show and Taboo for World Champ

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Patriot Pants

LDW Champion (855+ days)
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
The best show yet. Literally couldn't stop reading it until I had to lol

• Love
Reactions: Rosie

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Been a rough couple of days for me but I wouldn't be...excuse me, Darius Wright wouldn't be as great as he has become at this e-fed if it wasn't for the contributions of so many great people here. I thank you all, each and every one of you.

• Love
Reactions: Rosie