LC and Beer Present The IWF BTB Power 10!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I'm sure I did. I just can't take this seriously when I know that people that voted didn't read all the nominated BTBs. It's hard to lend credit when I feel like this wasn't handled correctly by some of the voters. It's cool though. I'm just giving my two cents. I ain't mad at cha'.

Emperor DC

Reaction score
Just because people don't review projects, it does not mean they read certan parts and enjoy it. Reviews are never, and will never be an indicator to how many people ready the actual project. You obviously think that and that in itself is stupid.

However, I am sure some people do vote with thier hearts, or well, with the fact in mind that they are voting for people that are simply thought as of 'good' or crucial members of this section. It happens on every forum and its sad, but not unexected, unfortunatly.

Reaction score
So what I think is stupid? Really?

I don't 'obviously think that' as I stated "Hardly anyone reads my BTB." This isn't opinion, it's fact. I can look at the bottom of my thread and see that. I didn't say "no one reads my thread and enjoys any part of it."

I also never said that "reviews are indicators of how many people are enjoying or reading my BTB."

I'm not trying to start shit. Just expressing my concern.

chessarmy

So what I think is stupid? Really?

I don't 'obviously think that' as I stated "Hardly anyone reads my BTB." This isn't opinion, it's fact. I can look at the bottom of my thread and see that. I didn't say "no one reads my thread and enjoys any part of it."

I also never said that "reviews are indicators of how many people are enjoying or reading my BTB."

I'm not trying to start shit. Just expressing my concern.

Dude calm down. Emperor actually has a point.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Plus you have to factor in that with there being so many good shows out there it's impossible to review every single one of them. I try to get as many as a I can.

The Anigma

Reaction score
The BTB Power 10 isn't and will never be a reflection on someone's actual work they put into their BTB. Don't get me wrong, everyone on that list put a lot of effort into their work and deserve the credit they receive but the fact of the matter is the BTB Power 10 is based more so than anything on reputation in the section. If you have a reputation for being a veteran, you'll be put on that list regardless of how good/bad your shows are.

Now I’m sure a handful of people actually vote with the way they feel while others simply vote for those who have a long-standing reputation in this section. I can understand Magnus’ concerns regarding the BTB Power 10 because a lot of people do vote for a BTB without actually reading it and others they don’t vote for without actually reading it. But at the same time, it’s almost impossible for every show to be read and reviewed. Which brings us back to reputations. If you have a long-standing reputation in BTB, you will be getting your show read and reviewed regardless of how great or bad it is.

But I don’t think the BTB Power 10 should be taken as seriously as some BTB’ers take it. The BTB Power 10 is more of a popularity contest than an actual ranking based on talent. If it was based on talent, I'm certain the list would be different.

At the same time, it’s nice to see how others in the section see your BTB as far as being in the top ten but if you take it seriously then you’re not doing BTB for fun which is what it’s supposed to be done for. You’re doing it for the acclaim that comes with it. Not to say you shouldn’t strive to win awards but if you’re not on the list that should make you want to try harder to be recognized in the section if anything.

xtremebadass

All Hail Anigma for another successful RNR. I agree with Anigma. The last P10 thread we had I was number one for like 5 weeks straight and was dethroned only because I didn't post a show. Now, I know for a fact I didn't whip out an awesome show for 5 weeks straight, that's a little hard to do. I don't know if this started yet, but I will not be looking at this probably, only if I happen to stumble upon it. I won't make this a number one priority or anything. Just saying that right now.

Reaction score
Anigma: You are awesome. Thanks for your help. It just shows that you don't have to call people names to make a point.

XBA: You are right about this not being a priority. I guess I just thought too highly about getting respect too quickly and need to 'slow my role'.

Spiral: You are right. In retrospect, I have not had the opportunity of reading all of the listed shows, though I have gotten to most of them. I just wish everyone would subscribe to my technique of posting my show, then reading and reviewing at least 6 shows, with 1 of them being new each week. It would make this thread and section and IWF MUCH MUCH more enjoyable for everyone.

Chessarmy: I didn't say he didn't have a point, I just don't want to be called 'stupid'. Though I do need to breathe.

Emperor: Sorry if I got a bit pissed off, I just hope you understand my point. My apologies and I hope you can forgive me.

Congratulations to all who made it and good luck next week!

McLovin

Reaction score
Me and Beer have decided to do aleternate weeks hosting the Power 10. So this week it is Beer's turn. Beer will post the Nominations today hopefully.

Beer

I will, I will, lol, though on MSN you told me about suming to do with not having the coding in text, tell me how you do it, can't remember?

Evil Austin

sorry about a late comment on the Power ten but I haven't seen this and only just got to the thread now for the first time in a couple of days. I must say that everyone up there is where they should be to the dot. Everyone that is up there is deserving of their spot given and good job everyone that nominated. I hope to be in next week :p .....