LB presents: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It's actually interesting to see how people see your takes on things, I don't mind. That means I have to pick my words more carefully I guess, I really don't want to give the wrong impression. I like to see myself as a very open person and I would hate people think otherwise. I just believe that the acceptance / representation thing has its limits.
We are humans. We see colors, shapes etc above all. If a famous character was black, have a black actor play them. Same thing goes with all nationalities.

Mate I was just joking about it, I don't think you're racist or anything lol if I did I wouldn't be responding to you in general

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Mate I was just joking about it, I don't think you're racist or anything lol if I did I wouldn't be responding to you in general
I don't know, according to South Park, if I didn't love Black Panther, I must be racist.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
...I think they were making fun of people who say that with that episode :lol

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Black Panther 2 bout to get a lot of 1 star ratings on IMDb before it comes out :uhoh

• Haha
Reactions: Y2Jayne

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I found the first one average and extremely overrated, so I don't really care what they do with the characters' sexuality as long as they manage to make a better sequel.
And to be honest, Okoye might be my least favorite character. But I just don't like the actress, I already disliked her in TWD.

Last edited:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
This doesn’t really surprise me. I’m sure some people will flip out lmao

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
benedict-cumberbatch-doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-1640189540.jpg

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has shared a promising update on the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The MCU is famous for interweaving narratives and characters throughout its films, with some big plotlines being built up over the course of several years.

While speaking during a presentation at CinemaCon this week, Feige teased there's more creative storytelling to come.

While championing the importance of cinemas, he revealed plans are currently being made for the next ten years of the MCU.

"It was three years ago this weekend that [Avengers: Endgame] was in theatres and did pretty well and provided great reminders of why it's fun to sit in a giant room full of strangers and have a shared experience. That's what it was all about," Feige told the audience.

"There are times that we all know, where it's like, 'Will we ever experience that again?' and, thanks to you, last year - Black Widow, Shang-Chi [and the Legend of the Ten Rings] – which you already mentioned, Eternals, and, of course, with our friends at Sony, Spider-Man: No Way Home proved that we can do that and prove that we can keep doing that and thank all of you for that actually happening."

"It is amazing and overwhelming for me to be a part of this business. We make these movies to be seen in your theatres on big screens with big crowds," he insisted.

"I have just left this morning, and I'm going back as soon as I get off stage, to our first creative retreat in person with the Marvel Studios creative team in three years.

"And we have a giant board there that takes us through the next decade of MCU movies, and they are different, and they are unique, and special, and are meant for your theatres," Feige added.

In the meantime, there's much more Marvel content expected later this year with new films and Disney+ series.

Fans are soon set to get another fix of superhero action in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, and new Disney+ series Ms Marvel will make its debut in just a few weeks' time.

Reactions: Cwalker and Chris

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

May the 4th might be tied to Star Wars for Years but The MCU to me owns a piece of the Pie now having the 10th...THE FUCKING 10th Anniversary of the first Avengers Film. Even though we had the success of Iron Man the Solo films to set this Film up this was the Movie that showed hey people this is what Comic Book Movies is going to look like now. We had plenty of Comic Book Films that helped lead the way like Spider-Man, and X-Men but this took things to a new level. A moment in time people :proud

Reactions: Cwalker

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yep Avengers is one of those things you can sit your kids and grandkids down and say “I remember when Avengers came out”. Arguably the most important comic book movie ever as it proved fans were interested in an interconnected universe and the Marvel machine hasn’t stopped since.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
The feeling of amazement and pure joy I felt when Hulk punched that Leviathan right before all six avengers assembled will never be topped by anything, not even three Spider-Men or that Endgame climax.

I was still in college when I saw it and they had giant posters all over the university's cafeteria. I remember harassing the cook every day at lunch to ask him if I could get one of those when they would eventually take them down. He was nice enough to oblige so one of those posters remained on my bedroom wall for 10 years.

032c96b16272fa5c95bb07c0b17e14e9.jpg

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2