LB presents: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah I don't know whey are pushing back any of the Films but it Months later so I can deal with it. I wonder how that effects any TV Shows coming out like Loki Season 2 etc because of these dates being changed.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Just watched Eternals, deserved it's ranking imo. Was like Batman V Superman where they tried to cram 3 movies in one.
Also, I think Marvel jumped the shark when they introduced magic.....I want kicky, punchy, stabby stab action that's still sort of rooted in technology even space ones. This magic shit is just people doing jazz hands.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Just saw the movie. Unsurprisingly I completely disagree with the critics. I thought the movie was great. God forbid Marvel tries to do something different and it’s a problem. This movie is long and doesn’t have a lot of action but I didn’t care. It’s a beautiful film that actually asks questions about what humanity is. All the characters actually do get good development and their humanity shines through. Ultimately this is a movie about the human emotion that has some action interspersed and I thought it was really good.

Too bad others didn’t feel the same.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What was the new thing they tried?

They were fighting a red herring that lead to a swerve real villain that turned out to be parental figures like every Marvel movie lol. The main character was given a title they weren't ready for, but somehow they find their hidden strength to overcome.....That isn't a spoiler either since it's the same exact formula for EVERY Marvel movie since Ironman 1.

And the addition of an LGTBQ character shouldn't be considered something new because it's normal as shit and for it not to be is seriously disconcerting if it was considered a big deal.

This was New Mutants with Greek mythology.

Last edited:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
What was the new thing they tried?

They were fighting parental figures like every Marvel movie lol. The main character was given a title they weren't ready for, but somehow they find their hidden strength to overcome.....That isn't a spoiler either since it's the same exact formula for EVERY Marvel movie since Ironman 1.

And the addition of an LGTBQ character shouldn't be considered something new because it's normal as shit and for it not to be is seriously disconcerting if it was considered a big deal.

This was New Mutants with Greek mythology.

I wasn’t talking about the LGBTQ character. It was a welcome addition but I agree with you it should be considered normal now. I was talking about how the movie isn’t full of action and is just about a family of immortal beings having discussions about humanity and their place in this world. They used real locations for most of the shoot and I thought it was awesome. Was the villain good? No of course not lol but it certainly didn’t ruin the movie for me.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
The movie did have a different vibe. Like Deezy said, the plot was very basic but I like how the movie took its time and had bigger sets, I'm bit tired of urban/modern settings in the MCU. That's why the last third of Shang-chi was refreshing too.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm over magic tbh, it's just people doing jazz hands.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I'm over magic tbh, it's just people doing jazz hands.

Get ready to see more of it Deezy with the next Dr.Strange film as well as Loki Season 2. I love Magic and Witchcraft personally but I can see the opposite sides of things not feeling it at all.

• Angry
Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Get ready to see more of it Deezy with the next Dr.Strange film as well as Loki Season 2. I love Magic and Witchcraft personally but I can see the opposite sides of things not feeling it at all.
I just want some punchy, kicky, stabby action....looks like this phase is not for me.

That may be one of the dumbest arguments I ever heard lol
Nothing I said was wrong tho, it's just people waving their arms around looking like old people playing Wii....think watching the dailies while they're in the green room would be more worth watching than the actual movie, least I'd get a laugh out of that.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Makkary and Ikaris had cool magic powers.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I just want some punchy, kicky, stabby action....looks like this phase is not for me.

Nothing I said was wrong tho, it's just people waving their arms around looking like old people playing Wii....think watching the dailies while they're in the green room would be more worth watching than the actual movie, least I'd get a laugh out of that.

I mean, not really lol. I see what you mean but how else are the powers supposed to activate? As long as I see magic coming out, the hand movements look natural to me lol

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I mean, not really lol. I see what you mean but how else are the powers supposed to activate? As long as I see magic coming out, the hand movements look natural to me lol