Lawler says Ziggler's elbow drops may have caused his heart attack

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Jerry Lawler now believes that Dolph Ziggler giving him the Ron Fuller multiple elbow drop spot may have led to the heart attack.

“There is a moment where Dolph Ziggler delivers six or seven elbows to my chest. It was just, bang, bang, bang, I think that knocked my heart out of rhythm.”

Lawler’s doctors have said it is possible that was the case. Ziggler hasn’t done the move on television in months. I’m not surprised Ziggler quietly dropped doing the spot, but am surprised Lawler brought it up publicly. The last thing WWE would have wanted is even the insinuation that it was something within their ropes that may have triggered Lawler nearly dying on television.

Lawler’s actual medical issue was Sudden Cardiac Arrest, which is generally from an electrical disturbance within the heart that disrupts its pumping action, stopping blood flow to the rest of the body. It’s not the same as a heart attack, which is when blood flow to the heart is blocked.

Lawler still talks about how lucky he was that it happened in an arena with medical personnel right there. If it happened 90 minutes later in his hotel room, he’d have been dead for sure. Lawler also noted as far as prolonged issues, the only thing he’s noticed different is that he is having some memory issues that he didn’t have previously.

This may explain the re-burying of Ziggler after that random month spell of beating guys like Orton clean.

Reactions: AgainstAll Rising

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
This may explain the re-burying of Ziggler after that random month spell of beating guys like Orton clean.
That's BS if true. King shouldn't be in the ring anymore. Don't blame a young guy who's in shape on your ticker crapping out. He should keep his old mouth shut.

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
Surely Ziggler hearing that he almost killed a man while wrestling would spook the fuck out of him, even if Lawler was old. Not sure why Jerry Lawler would publicise such a thing....
:facepalm::sad1:

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
While yes it is possible that it was Ziggler's elbow drop, but what caused it truly? Getting into the ring. At the age that Lawler is in, he can't be in a sport where you are slammed down, getting hit, or taking as much psychical pain as wrestlers do in wrestling. At the time he was very active, which obviously was going to tire him out. Ziggler may have sped it up, and honestly then that's also a possibility it could have saved him as well. There's no doubt with the schedule he was on, that he was going to suffer from some sort of cardiac risk, but if anything it's also possible that Ziggler did speed it up, thus putting him in a location where he could have that risk in a place full of medical trained people instead of his home.

Of course it's a 50/50 chance that he did, but still, it was going to happen eventually. Lawler should have never mentioned it, because that just makes Ziggler look bad to the casuals. Why the fuck should his moveset be limited one less move, because a elderly man, who was far ahead of his time, wanted one more unneeded run in the main event picture, and worked a full schedule. That's not putting over young talent, or even helping them. Because of Lawler's choice, the young talent is now damaged since he can't use his move anymore.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
No rational person will think it has anything to do with anything except Lawler being in his sixties (i.e way too old to wrestle.) I doubt Ziggler's move would have had the same effect on a younger guy, as I don't recall it inciting anyone else into a heart attack.

Reactions: Testify and Crayo

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
How many years has he been doing this move? It was since he debuted, so at least 4 years + all the time in developmental... did he do it in the Spirit Squad?

Every single other person his by this move hasn't had any issues, but they aren't older than Father Time either. Go away Jerry.

Reactions: Testify and Crayo

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I don't think he was blaming him, but probably just answered a question. The answer might be taken out of context

Reactions: seabs

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Don't fuck with DZ. Elbow drops like a mafucka

Reactions: Crayo

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
I just wish they'd let D'Z capitalise on this and have him talk about how he's so lethal that he almost killed Jerry Lawler in the ring. If they plan on keeping him heel they need something to make people hate him and this is a perfect opportunity.

Reactions: Donald Trump_

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I just wish they'd let D'Z capitalise on this and have him talk about how he's so lethal that he almost killed Jerry Lawler in the ring. If they plan on keeping him heel they need something to make people hate him and this is a perfect opportunity.

This! He could have a despicable Bobby Roode type heel role. Threaten to give Lawler's son a heart attack as well lmao. That'd be so dope.