Latest on Orton Heel Turn

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Will work if they bring back the punt. If he punts Jericho, for example, he'll get net ant major heat. It also allows Jericho to take off a-GAIN!

I doubt it, people cheered for him when he was punting people before. If he does turn there is no reason for people to expect the viper persona as it'll just get him cheered again resulting in a random face turn 6 months down the line.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
If Orton is to turn heel he needs to create a reason for people to hate him. As people have pointed out the viper persona is what got him cheered in the first place so reverting to that will not help. Considering how popular he is with the female demographic I almost fear that to make him hated he would have to assault a woman physically or similar, something the WWE doesn't have the guts to do in today's PC environment.

Last edited:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'd rather not, he'll still be a monotonous promo his matches are so slow as a heel plus heel Orton would result in a Orton push taking the spotlight of Ziggler and Henry or he'd have a snorefest feud with Shaymoose. Plus the crowd would fight it anyway.
Sounds quite likely indeed.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
He has become stale in his face time. When you take 2011 out of the equation, he was pretty dull and same in all these years, 2010 2012 and this year. 2012 was probably his worst year in his career as he has done nothing. He is a great heel, he should be heel soon. He could have a heel turn this year or last year but WWE just didn't make it.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Worst thing is that while he's "doing nothing" he's just going from filler match to filler match burying our promising midcarders. :downer:

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
All I want is for Sheamus to get beaten into a pulp. I absolutely hate Sheamus right now because he's being such a dick to Mark Henry, yet he's sitll face. Fuck Sheamful, seriously. I don't even care what Orton does anymore. He's never really caught my attention.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I doubt it, people cheered for him when he was punting people before. If he does turn there is no reason for people to expect the viper persona as it'll just get him cheered again resulting in a random face turn 6 months down the line.

If Orton is to turn heel he needs to create a reason for people to hate him. As people have pointed out the viper persona is what got him cheered in the first place so reverting to that will not help. Considering how popular he is with the female demographic I almost fear that to make him hated he would have to assault a woman physically or similar, something the WWE doesn't have the guts to do in today's PC environment.

Same post, different details. #Sameperson.

Reactions: Swift

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
It isn't but it's irrelevant to the topic, make a lockerroom thread if you wish just wrestling sections have to be somewhat on topic lol.
Alright i will, but the first time you go offtopic in the wrestling section, plan on me jumpin on it with your quotes.

On topic: Sheamus as heel would be better, but we are stuck with that asshole, so Orton should just stop being face and stick to being over as the Viper.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Alright i will, but the first time you go offtopic in the wrestling section, plan on me jumpin on it with your quotes.

On topic: Sheamus as heel would be better, but we are stuck with that asshole, so Orton should just stop being face and stick to being over as the Viper.

You'll probably not being waiting long I'm a massive hypocrite. Also disagree on Fella he seems more naturally facish IMO.