Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Adam Cole vs Michael Elgin - ROH Death Before Dishonor XI

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
The Hardy Boyz & Lita vs Triple H, Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley & Stone Cold Steve Austin - WWF Raw 04/09/2001

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Hulk Hogan (c) vs Ric Flair - WWE Undisputed Championship - WWE Raw, May 13th 2002

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Adam Cole vs. Michael Elgin - ROH Death Before Dishonor XI
There's so much that hurt this match really. The crowd were dead for most of the match, and McGuinness and Kelly were worse on commentary than usual, but despite that I think both guys put in a good effort. I liked the slow start to the match, even though the crowd didn't react to it at all, and there were some really good back and forth moments later on. It was also better when you consider that both guys wrestled earlier on in the night, especially Elgin who faced Steen in a 20-minute match. It was just a bit chunky in parts, and some of the sequences fell flat, but everything else was fun to watch. 7/10

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Jeff Hardy (c) vs Rob Van Dam - WWF Hardcore Title - WWF Invasion 2001

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs Goldust - WWF Wrestlemania 13

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Battleground 2013 - The Shield (w/ Dean Ambrose) vs. Goldust & Cody Rhodes (w/Dusty Rhodes)

If Goldust & Cody Rhodes win, they get their jobs back and Dusty keeps his job. If the Shield wins, Goldust & Cody Rhodes are still fired and Dusty loses his job with on NXT and in the Florida development program. I will say this was the match I was looking forward to the most and I can honestly say this was by far in the eyes of the fans the match they mostly was emotionally invested in, and part of that has been the build it's been quite really, really good and has been one of the well booked feuds this past summer. Everyone in this feud has played a role and played it damn well. From Dusty the father, leader and possibly spotlight hogger depending on who's side you look at it. You got Goldust quite possibly the must underrated wrestler you'll ever seen and he plays the role of looking for redemption for his little brother and you got Cody who is over right now and is taking these pushes he's been getting and running with it. But on the other side you got the Power couple of HHH and Steph that you can argue that this power role might be on the same level as the 2000 run and on their side they have the Shield how have been tearing it up since day one and I dare you to argue that with me. Best pushed stable since Evolution. Okay now to the match :mark: And the Rhodes family get things going quick for a couple of minutes and then we get a 3 on 3 face-off on the outside. Before we get some REGINS! Goldust action, which didn't last long and the Shield get heat-segment on Cody which was so damn good. Shield have this tag formula down boy, REGINS! using his power to ground and beat up ..... wrestler, and Seth comes in and uses his quickness to annoy the wrestlers. Cody had a couple of sweet brief mini-comebacks and even hits the top rope moonsault and normally I have when he does it cause he usually does as a filler spot but here it worked as he used it as desperation. GOLDUST HAWT TAG AND IT RULES! He looks to be in much better in ring shape than when he faced Orton a few weeks ago. Anyway Golddy quacks up the face until Roman ducks a cross body attempts and Goldust goes flying out the floor and the Shield take over. Hell they even added this great FAKE count out spot and Now the Shield have a heat-segment on Goldust :mark: Thing I liked more about Goldust heat segment is his selling and his desperation comebacks, but he would hit one big move and fall right to the mat instead of hitting like 5 moves and remember he has to sell. Cody's hot tag was more enjoyable than Goldust for me personally and it really began to wake the crowd up. The match would end when Dean got involved which would lead to Dusty hitting a bionic elbow on Dean and out of nowhere Cody would hit the Cross Rhodes on Seth for the huge emotional pop win. Post-Match: The Rhodes celebrate which looks super emotional, hell even jobber and agents from the back come out to get in on this. This was EVERYTHING you wanted from this match. Good in ring work, great crowd with a hawt finish. ****

Last edited:

ShanegoFett

Reaction score
Last match watched-

[video=youtube;XJSfVsKLD4Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJSfVsKLD4Q[/video]

Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio at Halloween Havok 1997. Absolutely a brilliant match in my opinion. Cruiserweight title vs Mask match. The crowd was really into it, Eddie was in top form, Rey was in top form, the commentators even were great (normally theyre very hit or miss to me). It was an awesome match. They had spots that were a great mix of power, technical, and lucha libre stuff, but they werent blown out of proportion or ridiculous like a lot of the x-division/indy shit you see today. And those totally had me sucked in and really interested to see what they would do next. This match made me really miss cruiserweights, definitely wish that division was still around and handled properly. But yeah, this match I'd rate a solid 3.8-4 outta 5. I just really enjoyed it. Highly recommend watching it if you havent. WWE Youtube has a lot of great stuff up (much to my surprise)

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Paul London vs Kevin Steen - PWG All Star Weekend: Night 1

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Smackdown 11/22/2013 – WWE Tag Team Championships: Goldust and Cody Rhodes vs. The Real Americans (w/ Zeb Colter)

I really enjoyed the opening minute or so between Swagger/Goldust, until Cody and Cesaro had like 30 seconds of back-and-forth :( But it looks like as the shows go by Cody and Goldust start adding more double team moves and having that chemistry and I know it’s weird as they are brothers but now it just seems to be clicking more. The first I would say 3-4 minutes as all Rhodes bros, until Cody floats over Cesaro’s back onto the apron but nails Cesaro with an elbow and one for Swagger too, but that distraction allows Cesaro to destroy him with a boot off the apron and Cody crashes to the floor. Back from a commercial, and The Real Americans begin to work over Cody’s mid-section even hitting this awesome double team with Swagger hitting the running Swagger splash but then Cesaro comes in and running standing leap frogs Swagger and connects with a double foot stomp. But for some reason Cesaro applies a chinlock instead of attacking the mid-section which I thought was weird but hey, that might be just the logic popping up in my head. Anyway Cody fights out and they do the AWESOME! False tag spot with Swagger pulling Goldust off the apron so he can’t get the tag. Cesaro counters an Alabama Slam, then tosses him up and hits him with the pop up European Uppercut for two. Cody goes for a desperation moonsault that takes out Cesaro which leads to the hot tag to Goldust and Swagger is in two, Goldust gets the better for a while as commentary tries to put over that Goldust has never looked better. I’M BEGGING YOU TO WATCH 2010 OR 2002. At one point Goldust elevates Cody over and he takes out both men, back in and Goldust tries to go up top but Swagger catches him in the electric chair position but instead dumps him down and applies the “Patriot Lock” he has is applied for over 20 seconds but Cody comes in and kills him with the disaster kick. Cesaro gets in there and gives Cody THE BIGG SWING! :mark: Goldust clotheslines Cesaro to the outside, but Swagger gets a quick two off a school boy but Goldust gets up first and hits the Final Cut out of nowhere for the win. Great action from start to finish, can’t ask for anything better to start off a show really unless they went out and had a Rey/Edge vs. Benoit/Angle match. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Smackdown 11/22/2013 - The Usos and Rey Mysterio vs. The Shield

REY IS BACK :mark: I missed that injury prone midget so much. All I need is Christian back too and I’m in heaven with the WWE, lol @ JBL making the joke that we’ve never seen El Torito and Rey in the same room together ‘cause they must be the same person. Dean and Jimmy start off and it’s a slugfeast, until Jay comes in but we get Seth coming in but gets hit right away. And it seems like ROMAN! & REY, have yet to get in so it pretty much just a tag match. As on point USO’s take out both Dean and Seth on the outside, and Roman is meet with a superkick but Jay misses a crossbody off the top and Seth tags in as we go go to a commercial. 3-4 minutes in and NO! ROMAN :( or Rey, I know they wanna keep Rey in a little ring time as possible for SSeries but still. Seth and Dean begin to work the lower back and mid-section of one of the USO’s I think it’s Jay, and just like the tag title match the heel team goes from working the mid-back to a sleeper/rest hold. UGH! WAIT ROMAN! IS IN. He uses some quick power moves and Seth is back in talking dat shit. Seth would miss a leap and that almost allows Jay to get the hot tag to his brother or Rey but instead ROMAN! Tags in and knocks Rey off the apron and hits this AWESOME! spinning belly to back suplex (I have no Idea what it’s called) That gets broken up and ROMAN talks shit to Rey but he misses a shoulder block and goes right into the ringpost. HOT TAG TO REY! AND SETH TAGS IN :mark: The pace quickens a lot and Rey hits his trade mark offense which still loos smooth as FUCK. Dean breaks up a spinning DDT, as one of USO’s hits him with a superkick he tries to do the same to Roman but he catches the boot spins him around and kills him with a spear, and another spear cuts the other USO in half :mark: Rey tries to run between the legs but Roman catches the leg and tries to powerbomb him to the outside but instead Rey ‘Rana’s him to the outside. Rey sets up the 619 on Seth but Dean tags in and Rey walks/runs into a clothesline while Seth no hands somersaults onto the USO’s. The match would then end when Rey dropkicks Dean Knees and connects with the 619, then finishes him off by dropping the dime for the win. Another good tag team match, but it followed the same formula that the tag title match did. Which isn’t a bad thing but it’s not smart when it’s a go-home show especially when they do the same work the mid-section/back but then go right to work with a head rest hold for no reason. I can watch Shield tag matches all day though. *** - ***1/4

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Christina Von Eerie vs Portia Perez - Shimmer Vol. 45

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Roderick Strong vs Trent? - PWG All Star Weekend 9 Night 1

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Drake Younger vs Sami Callihan - PWG All Star Weekend 9 Night 1

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
The Undertaker vs Ric Flair - WWF Wrestlemania X8