Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
WCW Television Championship Booker T VS. Rick Martel - WCW Souled Out 1998

Tidy effort, Martel was not at his best, Booker was still learning, but a solid mid-card match. It was nice seeing Martel getting one more run in a top company and helping to get a younger name over.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Larry Zbyszko VS. Scott Hall - Souled Out

Taking everything into account this is actually a really good match. Zbyszko totally pulls out a Ricky Steamboat from 2009. It is very heated, with some nice wrestling and a great turn at the end. And what a performance by Scivione at the booth!

***1/2

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Ray Traylor & The Steiner Brothers VS. Konnan, Scott Norton & Buff Bagwell - Souled Out 1998

Poor filler match. Main reason was to build on the tension between the Steiners.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Kevin Nash VS. The Giant - Souled Out 1998

This is a really good big man/slobberknocker clash. The Giant moves really well and hits some hard shots, Nash is more the cool heel working the crowd, but still looks strong when attacking. There are some stand out spots such as when they both attempt big boots at the same time and knock each other down. The match is about the right length too and the coffee to the eyes set up is actually something different to get good heat and set up the power bomb, which as many of you will know Nash screwed up for real which was maybe the only down point to an other wise well worked match.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Lex Luger VS. Macho Man Randy Savage - Souled Out 1998

Odd choice to close the show (should have been Flair/Hart), but I guess because of the theme of the show it made sense to end it with a NWO member involved, and its a pretty enjoyable and wild brawl around the arena. One Luger's better later matches.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WWE Main Event, September 11th 2013: Antonio Cesaro v.s Kofi Kingston.

Hell of a way to start a 9/11 edition of a WWE program. These two put on a pretty damn good performance. It started off a bit slow though but when they got it clickin' it was great. Cesaro had some fun exchanges with Kofi while he was in control that led to some quick come backs that were quickly negated in different ways. All that lead to was a hot back and forth of near falls where Cesaro started losin' the grip on the match. After some more counters and signature moves, Kofi hits Trouble in Paradise out of nowhere. Good shit. However, I don't think this is anywhere near their classic on this show from a few months back.

***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Main Event 09/11/2013 - Antonio Cesaro (w/Zeb Coulter) vs. Kofi Kingston

This was a ton of fun but I would say the US title match from 2012 I think it was a lot better, I loved Cesaro who is still upset of the loss came right out and attacked Kofi before slowing it down with the side headlock. But that would last as Kofi started speeding the pace up but then Cesaro used Kofi’s tights to pull him and crashing his face first into the buckle. The match would then go back-and-forth for a bit until Cesaro uses a counter in-between the ropes, I have no idea what it’s called just know it’s the counter out of the pedigree but this time he back drops Kofi over the ropes and back into the ring, As more work by Cesaro until Kofi had another mini-comeback leading to some fun highflying spots on the outside. Back in, and Cesaro gains control by dead lifting Kofi into 3 side suplexs or throws before levelling him with a punch and goes right to work on the head again. Kofi flurry comes again which is great but he misses the running leapfrog into punches into the corner I have no idea what’s it called. As we go to a commercial, back and Cesaro has a headlock applied but Kofi fights out and has a full comeback which was hawt just a shame the crowd doesn’t give a fuck. Kofi gets a roll up for two and then a Crossbody for two! Cesaro hits a tremendous uppercut and goes for the cover but Kofi kicks out at two. Cesaro lifts Kingston up for a huge powerslam but Kofi escapes and delivers an SOS! KICKOUT! Holy shit. Cesaro grabs Kofi by the feet and spins him around FOR THIRTY SIX SECONDS AIRPLANE SPIN. The match would end when Cesaro goes for the Neutralizer, but Kofi escapes and covers him. Cesaro THEN BRIDGES OUT AT TWO! Which allows Kofi to delivers Trouble in Paradise for the win. This was a great back-and-forth match and I love how over the Airplane spin is getting, these two have pretty underrated chemistry or maybe Cesaro has chemistry with everyone. ***1/4

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WWE Royal Rumble 1997: Farooq v.s Ahmed Johnson.

This was pretty lackluster other than Farooq's work on Ahmed's kidney area. Most of the match Ahmed just gets beaten up because they need to waste time. They had some back and forth before this stretch of Johnson's punishment but it was just a bunch of weapon use for the biggest part. It wasn't a no DQ match although the referee just lets the match continue. The opener between Goldust/HHH has the same deal. It's not really a problem until the referee does call for the bell for a DQ finish. I don't mind when officials let there be some room for breaking the rules under the circumstances of the wrestlers or the feud. The Nation of Domination floods the ring and that's it though. Ahmed was extremely sloppy and unappealing from my point of view. After the match he puts someone through a table with his Pearl River Plunge almost lookin' like he killed the person. I'm surprised there isn't a string of neck injuries with how dangerous that move looks. God damn.

3/4*

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WWE Royal Rumble 1997: Vader v.s The Undertaker.

This match is pretty odd. These two didn't seem to click at all here. Some awkward sequences every few minutes stall the flow of this. And yes there is quite a bit of stalling in this. It doesn't seem to get to another level, I would have loved for half of this match was just them tryin' to hit their finishers and trademark moves with fun counters. That would have worked a hell of a lot better than what this was. It's really all over the place and doesn't feel like a complete match. Still, you get Vader layin' in heavy blows and Taker no selling them! YAY! I don't think so son. However as much of a mess as this felt, it's STILL Vader and the Undertaker.

Oh you can't forget Paul Beare takin' a hilarious fall during this.

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WWE Royal Rumble 1997: WWE Championship Match- Shawn Michaels v.s Psycho Sid.

A really garbage main event. The crowd actually woke up for this but that doesn't change that Sid was here. Shawn Michaels did everything in his power to make this a decent match. It was just to no avail. Watchin' Sid on offense is painful as hell. The end of this contest was stupid too. Michaels hit Sid with a camera yet is unable to get the win with the referee being knocked down and takin' forever to get to the count. So he hits Sweet Chin Music shortly afterwards. You'd think Sid would be able to do something after being able to recover. Come on, some sort of reversal right into SCM would have been peferctly. It just seemed like they didn't want Michaels to win with a cheap tactic. It was just a waste of time hitting SCM after this and a bit of overkill even if the camera shots looked pathetic. UGH. Givin' Michaels attempt at makin' this watchable I'm givin' this match a * and nothing more.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Nikita Koloff VS. The Taylor Made Man - WCW Worldwide August 1992

Basic Television match made as a result of Taylor getting involved in Koloff's brawl with Rude from the previous week. The two don't click like you would hope and it is over too quickly, but its passible anyway.

**1/2

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
WCW Television Championship Stunning Steve Austin (c) VS. The Z-Man - WCW WorldWide August 1992

This was a really strong TV match, there are a couple of sloppy moves from Zenk, but it flows really well and is well built up with a good mixture of high flying, tight near falls, and strong mat wrestling and high impact moves. Very smooth.

***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Wrestlemania 29 – “End of an Era Match” Hell in a cell: Triple H vs. The Undertaker (Special Referee Shawn Michaels)

Undertaker’s entrance is still epic with his “Master Shredder” jacket and smoke, still gives me Goosebumps. Hunter’s was pretty weak while Michael danced around like this was the 90’s and he was still high on crack. And before the match even starts we had some EPICNESS! As taker pulls down the hood reveal his new (at the time) new Mohawk hair and Hunter backs up, possible rethinking this :mark: Don’t worry he man’s up as we have a face-off with Triple H talking shit, then they both look up and he Hell In A Cell lowers to its own theme music. I should point out the HIAC lowering was longer than the world title match, FUCK THIS COMPANY! 8D Slugfest to start and Taker is getting the better, until Hunter gets a boot up and comes back with punches of his own but that’s short lived until taker throws him out and continues the slow methodical assault on Hunter which included a whip into the cell then a backdrop on the mat outside. A great moment happen as Shawn was checking Hunter for blood, but Taker goes in full on dick mode and shoves Shawn out of the way. And continues to slow beating but throwing him into the steps, back in and Hunter comes back with a face buster that Taker no sell and hits a clothesline before softening the arm for “Old School” and it connects. Back to the outside and Taker drills Hunter in the face with the steps, he then gets the bottom bigger steps and puts those in the ring. BIG LEG DROP ON THE APRON! Taker slowly gets back in but by then Hunter has recovered and hits an desperate DDT and repeatedly rams Takers head into the steps. HHH sets up the Pedigree on top of the steps but Taker counters with a body drop and more right hands. BUT OUT OF NOWHERE TRIPLE H HITS A DOUBLE A SPINEBUSTER ON THE STEPS, HE THEN TRIES TO PICK TAKER UP BUT TAKER COUNTERS INTO HELL’S GATE! BUT TRIPLE H DOES THE RAMPAGE SPLASH SPOT FOR TWO :mark: Chairs are brought in by Hunter and he nails Taker in the back 2-3 times then whips him into the steps before picking up the chair again and nails the Taker like 14 more times until HBK tells him it’s too much and he knows Taker is not gonna quit just cover him. But again Taker refuses and punches Shawn out of the May and he even tells Shawn “NOT TO STOP IT! DO NOT STOP IT!” MORE VIOLENT CHAIR SHOTS lead to a two count. More of taker begging for this not to be stopped so Hunter pulls out his real BFF the sledgehammer, Shawn quickly rushes over to stop this and Triple H tells him to end this. SLEDGEHAMMER SHOT TO THE FACE OF TAKER GETS A close two count. OH SHIT! Hunter then tries to smash Takers head in but Shawn jumps HHH and gets the hammer away, Shawn then acts like he wants to call for the bell but he clearly doesn’t want HHH to do what he couldn’t so instead TAKER LOCKS Shawn in the hell's gate but this time HHH comes to the rescue and hits Taker again in the head with the hammer. Hunter then goes to check on Shawn, which allows Taker to lock the hell’s gate on Hunter this time and they do the call back spot from last year with the hammer but this time Taker breaks the hold. As Charles Robinson ran to the ring in record time, Chokeslam connects and that gets a near-fall. Taker doesn’t like the count so he chokeslams Robinson :lmao SHAWN BACK TO HIS FEET AND SO ARE HHH AND TAKER, TAKER SETS UP FOR THE TOMBSTONE BUT HHH PUSHES HIM TOWARDS SHAWN WHO CONNECTS WITH SCM! AND TAKER TURNS RIGHT AROUND INTO THE PEDIGREE FOR ONE OF THE GREATEST NEAR-FALLS IN WM HISTORY! Shawn’s face knowing what he did was EPIC! Sledgehammer in the hands of Hunter and Shawn begs him not to use it so what does Triple H do? Throws Shawn out of the ring :lmao But Taker sits up just in time and catches HHH with a big boot, and has a pretty great comeback, just a shame he no-sold all of the assault done to him. TOMBSTONE CONNECTS! And that gets two :mark: THIS FUCKIN’ STORYTELLING MAN! Both men fighting each other while trying to get to their feet was great, back and forth punches but a Tombstone is countered into a pedigree for 2. SIT UP! By Taker and Hunter crawling to the hammer, and Taker crawls to the chair, Taker up first and he steps on the hammer even shaking his head NO! And now it’s Taker beating the shit out of Hunter with the chair with Michaels helpless to do anything. Taker hit him maybe 12 times and that only gets a 2 count, and again Hunter goes for the hammer. He gets it and uses the buckle to get to his feet, he tries to lunge towards Taker but Taker simple grabs him and shakes his head thinking “Just stay down ”Triple H being Triple H shoves Taker back then gives him the CROTCH CHOP! Taunt, so TAKER GIVES HIM THE SLEDGEHAMMER SHOT :mark: Hunter is still not staying down, this time he uses Taker’s own body to get to his feet and TAKER ENDS IT WITH THE TOMBSTONE! Post-Match: Shawn picks Taker up and raises his hand, so Taker gives us the 20-0 celebration. Hunter is still selling on the mat, what a guy. So Taker comes over and helps Shawn pick HHH to his feet and all 3 men leave we even get a group hug at the end. As for the match its story telling at its best, it’s like watching one of those superhero movies. It’s just magical what these three did here. The only reason I’m not going the full five is the action at times was slow and normally I like the methodical pace but this just seem weird and the No-sell was a bit much. ****3/4

Reactions: The Cork

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Steve Corino vs Justin Credible vs The Sandman - Tables, Ladders, Chairs & Canes - ECW World Title - ECW Guilty As Charged 2001

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Adam Cole vs Tommaso Ciampa - ROH Death Before Dishonor XI