Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Royal Rumble 2012 - Triple Threat Cage Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Mark Henry vs. Big Show vs. Daniel Bryan

This wasn't even ten minutes long. Bryan carries on playing his new character to perfection and he really portrayed the underdog role very well. I like all 3 guys a lot lately but this did nothing for me. It just had too much generic stuff and it got repetitive at times. Plus all the laying around is right in front of you because it's a cage match and they are selling these tepid cage shots for minutes at a time. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Royal Rumble 2012 - WWE Championship: Dolph Ziggler vs. CM Punk

Before the match, it was made clear that with Triple H appearing on RAW the next night to evaluate & possibly fire John from his position at RAW General Manager, John decided to make himself the outside enforcer while having a regular referee in the ring & even removed Vickie Guerrero from ringside. Both men went back & forth throughout the match with some great counters and coming up with new stuff, but as i'm watching this back i couldn't help but feel this was nothing more than a backdrop to continue the storyline between Ace & Punk and that kinda took away from the action. Plus Dolph didn't get enough offense in i'm pretty sure for 10 straight minutes he was getting his ass kicked. ***1/2 - ***3/4

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WCW Monday Nitro 5/19/97: Steven Regal vs Prince Iaukea

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WCW Monday Nitro 5/19/97: Masa Hiro Chono vs Dave Taylor

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WCW Monday Nitro 5/19/97: M. Wallstreet vs Scotty Riggs

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WCW Monday Nitro 5/19/97: Steve McMichael/ Jeff Jarrett vs Steiner Brothers

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WCW Monday Nitro 5/19/97: Ric Flair vs Syxx

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 4/7/1997: Alex Wright & Psicosis v.s Konnan & Hugh Morrus.

Eh, pretty random thrown together tag teams even if Konnan & Morrus were in the same group at the time. It had some decent action, it just didn't feel like much of a match. This isn't the kind of match you start a show with. I think you should catch people with wrestlers you are actually building and a somewhat established name. This was just out of left field as far as I'm concerned. Oh well.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 4/7/1997: Steven Regal v.s Rey Mysterio.

Now this was a fun while it lasted. I enjoyed the contrasting styles whenever one person was trying to keep control. The quick offense from Mysterio and Regal trying to ground and pound Mysterio into submission was very entertaining for me. However of course this didn't last too long as Prince Iaukea got involved. Regal ends up getting DQed. One other thing I didn't like was them detracting from this match to show NWO showing up at the building. Why would you interrupt a match between two greats? Fuck you Hogan. I want a 30 minute mat classic between these two. I'll guess I'll just lucid dream it sometime.

*3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 - World Heavyweight Championship Match: Alberto Del Rio vs. Big Show

This was another fun match between the two, with the normal formula "David vs. Goliath" I like Show as a heel. He’s suited to the role and he’s more effective that way. He’s a big, angry bastard right now, which automatically makes the babyface look strong if he can overcome him. I thought they would have a finish where he pinned Big Show because they pushed that idea so hard in the weeks leading up to it. But instead they had Show tap to the ARMBAR which puts the move over even more. The botch towards the end though, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ***1/4

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 4/7/1997: Ice Train v.s Chris Benoit.

This was pretty hard hitting. Ice Train always runs through people like well a TRAIN and Benoit does the same without having it his NAME. So it was enjoyable from that stance but this has a horrible finish. No idea what happened at one point. Benoit runs up behind Ice for what seems to be a bulldog but he's too close to the ropes. Well both men end up on the mat somehow yet you don't see the landing because they are focusing outside the ring on their respective managers Woman and whoever was with Train. Benoit hits a DDT shortly after this to pick up the victory. One thing that pisses me off here is that they cut backstage to the NWO again however this time they show two separate screens. So earlier they made me miss part of Mysterio/Regal but here they can show both things happening. Fuck you Hogan. Ugh.

3/4*

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 4/7/1997: Kevin Sullivan v.s Hector Guerrero.

Now this could be a good storytelling brawl if booked correctly. Of course it's just a one off match on Nitro. There really isn't much to say, it's just Sullivan who is pretty much always apart of the booking team so he gets an easy win against a legend. It's pretty useless anyways.

3/4*

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Sixth Anniversary Show - ROH World Heavyweight Championship: Nigel McGuinness vs. Bryan Danielson

This was the usual fantastic match between these two, highlighted by Nigel turning full blown douchebag "FUCK THE FANS" Heel mode. In many ways, it's superior to their 2007 Match of the Year at Driven. I loved the Little storyline elements like Danielson's unwillingness to go after Nigel's head because of the promo they had earlier about Nigel's fear of concussions. I also loved the DQ finish mid way with Nigel hitting the ref cause to this point Danielson was dominating and was well on his way to winning the title, so Nigel took the chicken shit heel way out only to be forced back into the match by the ROH babyfaces. And what caps this off to make it even better was Nigel using his own head as a weapon to finish the match just put this over the top on the level of awesomeness. At this stage I’m struggling to think of any series of matches/rivalry which can compete with this one in ROH history. ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Elimination Chamber 2012 - Elimination Chamber for the WWE Championship: Chris Jericho vs. The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. R-Truth vs. Kofi Kingston vs. CM Punk

Jericho is fresh off coming in second at the RR and only has eyes for Punk and the Best in the World moniker. Cole nicely puts over how Jericho has won a world title in a EC match before. This was a very fun Chamber match to open the show, just full of fun encounters and full of creative spots, but it definitely failed to reach the heights of past versions of this match. The only matchup that the crowd was really invested in was Punk vs. Jericho, but that matchup never got a finish. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Elimination Chamber 2012 - Elimination Chamber Match for the World Champion: Daniel Bryan vs. Big Show vs. Santino Marella vs. Great Khali vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Wade Barrett

This is way better than expected going in with the fact that Khali was one of the participants and he didn't effect the match at all while the story of Santino being the underdog really caught on to the point where the crowd was getting behind him here at the end. Don't get me wrong this wasn't good by any means and it started off seriously boring before getting a little less boring and thank GOD for the Santino/Bryan ending which doesn't hold up as that hot anymore but tbf without that this would of been worse than the "December to Dismember" one ***