Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Vengeance 2011 - Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship: Champion Alberto Del Rio vs. John Cena

I'll give these guys credit. for going out and wrestling with no ring basically. But you would think if two guys had no ring why not just have a very attitude era bawl match? but instead for the first 15 minutes we basically got a normal wrestling match until Cena remember the match that he added and started taking it outside. Not a great LMS match by any means, but nothing terrible. Plus i have zero idea on my Miz and R-Truth hit the ring to do a number on Cena. And to cost him the title when their issue is with HHH and the WWE bookers. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Survivor Series 2011 - WWE United States Title: Dolph Ziggler (w/ Vickie Guerrero) vs. John Morrison

First of all, why would the WWE acknowledge their own questionable booking by having Morrison get a title shot when he hasn't won in three months? Second of all, the MSG crowd made that quite clear by the loud “We Want Ryder” chants throughout the match. :lmao. This is on the same level of their match on Raw a few weeks ago, this was a really cool way to kick off a PPV. Morrison didn't really have a chance, but it was still fun to watch. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE RAW 02/25/2013 - WrestleMania number one contender’s match: John Cena vs. CM Punk

These two have had some spectacular matches and this was indeed one of them. It was a match worthy of a WrestleMania title shot, hell this is PPV level It’s too bad that these two have not had a chance to wrestle against each other at Mania. Cause i personally think that could top MITB '11. There were so many great moments in the match like Cena using the the Powerbomb. The piledriver spot by Punk, WHAT? even Cena’s hurricanrana which wasn't the smoothest into the AA. The story of the match was about that Cena needed to win cause he hasn't pinned Punk in like 2 years and he desperately needs to get his win back against Rock at Mania, plus they also added that element that both guys knew eachother so well so they couldn't just do the same stuff so they started busting out new moves. Punk looked like a million dollars in the loss as he fought out of every submission. He kicked out of everything Cena did but that 2nd AA was just too much. ****1/4 I'm also happy they let these two go out and tear it up for 20+ minutes and did a clean finish.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Raw 04/02/2013 - Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk

Excellent television match, that was PPV quality. It really was that good it had some hard-hitting, well-worked/well thought out stuff with a ton of wild near falls. And a tons of great near falls and counters. While it wasn't better than their Mania match or even the extreme rules one this was a more fluid performance as both seemed a lot more comfortable in their respective roles. I hope we get to see more of in the very near future. Plus Punk go over Jericho clean here was a nice surprise and it makes him look good as he heads into Elimination Chamber against The Rock, while Jericho looked super strong in defeat. And continues to show that even though he's taking breaks he can still go. ***1/2 - ***3/4

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WCW Monday Nitro 5/12/97: Juventud Guererra vs Ultimate Dragon

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WCW Monday Nitro 5/12/97: Dean Malenko vs Steve McMichael

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WCW Monday Nitro 5/12/97: Wrath vs Scotty Riggs

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WCW Monday Nitro 5/12/97: Alex Wright/Ice-Train vs Konnan/Hugh Morrus

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Survivor Series 2011 - World Heavyweight Championship: Mark Henry vs. The Big Show

This is the weakest match these two have had so far and the Shitty finish didn't help just a shame they wasted all the good build prior to make this good, but I guess feud has to continue. The elbow spot was tremendous and the crowd made things a little better, but still not great. After the match Henry looks to break Show’s ankle again with a steel chair, but he gets out of the way and ends up hitting the KO punch. The crowd goes nuts with a Daniel Bryan chant as they really want him to cash in, but doesn't look like it’s going to happen. Sure would have been a great moment, but I can understand as they didn't want it to get buried by result of Punk/Del Rio and the Rock’s return. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Survivor Series 2011 - WWE Championship: Alberto Del Rio vs. CM Punk

Del Rio gets his normal ring entrance for Ricardo Rodriguez and Punk one ups him by having Howard Finkel come out as his personal ring announcer. That’s pretty genius actually and a nice moment for the Fink as the crowd roars in appreciation for him and all he has meant to the fans over the years. Booker T sums it up best when he said he knew he made it when The Fink announced him. I totally forgot how much i enjoyed this, I loved the story of Del Rio having an answer for the GTS at every turn, but making one mistake that left him vulnerable to the Anaconda Vice. These two mesh pretty well with their styles (hard kicks and submissions), and made for some high quality wrestling down the stretch. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE TLC 2011 - Sledgehammer Ladder Match: Triple H vs. Kevin Nash

I'll be damned the match was actually pretty damn good. They told a simple story and worked a few nice spots into the mix and were able to wrap-up this admittedly stale feud in a proper way. I loved the finish, and for anybody who truly knows the history of the Kliq, it was almost poetic ending this match with the Nash putting up the Kliq sign but HHH does the DX chop and a sledgehammer to the face instead. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE TLC 2011 - Triple Threat, TLC Match for the WWE Championship: Alberto Del Rio vs. The Miz vs. CM Punk

Punk and Del Rio both looked like they belonged and the match might have worked even better without Miz. He felt like a third wheel in there and just didn't seem to fit as well as the other two. But still a great match with tons of drama and violence. The handcuff spots between the heels were great, and as with any TLC match, the bumps were brutal, all three men absolutely delivered in terms of making the match flow smoothly, and I have nothing but good things to say about the match. Oh and that Ricardo Rodriguez bump, WHAT A GUY! ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Main Event 02/25/2013 - Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes

Well Cody looked much better in that loss than he has been in recent weeks. This was a pretty solid match. It was nice to see Cody look competitive on a TV match. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Smackdown 03/01/2013 - Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez) vs. Damien Sandow

Pretty good match here, I liked that they mixed it up here and not only wrestled the WWE style but they also added some All Japan style stuff in here. Another thing i love about face Del Rio is every week he's add a new flashy move in his match, this week was a middle rope moonsault. Hell Sandow looked very good in the loss as he got some offense in so it didn't completely look like a squash. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Smackdown 03/01/2013 - 2/3 falls match for the WWE United States Championship: Antonio Cesaro vs. The Miz

Well booked match that keeps the title on Cesaro and makes them both look good and credible wrestlers. I'm guessing this is the end of the feud seeing how they've had no DQ matches and now two out of three fall matches, not sure where they can go at this point. Cesaro continues to be incredible in the ring, and his power moves and upper cuts are just AMAZING! My big complaint was WWE only showing highlights of the 2nd fall and expecting us to go on the WWE Active app to see the rest.