Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 03/12/2001 - WWF World Heavyweight Title: The Rock (w/Debra) vs. Kurt Angle

Both men have a stare down to start when Rock gets in the first shots then takes Angle down by the legs. Rock then puts Angle in the Sharpshooter already but Angle is able to grab the bottom rope for the break. Rock drills Angle with a DDT that gets a two count and Angle bails out to the floor to try and catch his breath. Rock chases Angle down on the ramp and hits a clothesline then grabs his leg and punches him below the belt. Rock goes for a whip when Angle reverses him into the barricade but Rock catches him with a clothesline. Angle fights back then grabs a chair and jabs him with it while Earl Hebner is busy with Debra for some reason. Angle stomps away on Rock when Rock tries to rally but Angle kicks his ribs then drops him on the barricade. Angle continues kicking away at Rock’s ribs then throws him in the ring but Rock again starts fighting back. Rock comes off the ropes but Angle nails him with a knee to the chest then hits a suplex that gets a two count. Angle kicks Rock down and chokes him with his boot when Hebner orders him back so Angle does it again. Rock again fights back and comes off the ropes but Angle catches him with an overhead belly-to-belly suplex. Angle plants Rock with another belly-to-belly suplex then hits a third belly-to-belly but only gets a two count. Angle pounds away on Rock and charges at him but Rock tosses him over the ropes then goes out after him. Angle drops Rock onto the announce table and clubs him in the chest before throwing him back in the ring. Angle slams Rock then climbs to the top rope and goes for the moonsault but misses it and both men are down. Both men are up when Angle plants Rock with the Olympic Slam but can’t cover immediately and only gets two. Angle then grabs Rock in a bear hug and Rock tries to hold on but begins to fade and Hebner checks the arm. Rock’s arm drops once, it drops twice, but Rock manages to keep it up the third time and fight out of the hold. Rock hits Angle with the Rock Bottom but he’s too hurt to make the immediate cover and only gets a near fall. Both men struggle to their feet but Rock wails on Angle then knocks him over the ropes with the Smackdown. Rock goes out and rolls Angle back in the ring but Angle accidentally clips Hebner in the leg for our ref bump. Angle pounds Rock as he rolls in but Rock plants him with a spinebuster then delivers the People’s Elbow. Rock covers Angle but Hebner’s knee is bothering him as he moves into position to count it and only gets two. Rock isn't happy with that and lets Hebner know it then turns back when Angle slaps him in the Anklelock! Rock tries not to submit as he inches toward the bottom rope and grabs it but Angle refuses to release the hold. Hebner demands Angle let go but Angle is so determined to break Rock’s ankle that he doesn't listen to him. Rock even starts tapping with his left hand while still holding the rope with his right but Angle still won’t let go. Finally Hebner calls for the bell having DQ’ed Angle for not releasing the hold when ordered so Rock retains. Debra climbs in the ring to talk some sense into Angle so Angle trips her then puts her in the Anklelock! Naturally Steve Austin runs in and pounds away on Angle then stomps him down and tosses him over the ropes. Rock tries to get to his feet but Austin doesn't bother checking on Debra and takes Rock out with the Stunner! The crowd actually pops for that as Austin leaves the ring while Debra again stays behind and tends to Rock. ***1/2 real good 12 minute match. The work and selling of Rock's ribs after an undetected chair shot was very good, but it got a little kickout of finishers crazy at the end, however it mostly worked due to Rock not being able to cover due to the bad ribs and Earl being out. Good SHIT.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 03/15/2001 - No Disqualification Match: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Kurt Angle

Angle is out first followed by Austin who pulls Angle out of the ring then pounds on him and rams him into the steps. Austin continues his assault on Angle and clotheslines him over the barricade then brawls with him in the crowd. Austin tosses Angle back over the barrier and rams him into the announce table then finally they go in the ring. Austin ties Angle in a Tree of Woe and stomps away at him then goes out and brings the bell in the ring. Angle bails out to the floor and Austin chases after him on the ramp when Angle catches him with a clothesline. Angle finally gets some offense in as he stomps away on Austin then knocks him down the ramp back to ringside. Angle rams Austin into the apron and into the steps but Austin comes back with a Stun Gun onto the barricade! Austin throws Angle in the ring then brings a chair in but then whips Angle and plants him with a spinebuster. Austin grabs the chair and jabs Angle’s knees repeatedly then wedges his ankle in the chair a’la Brian Pillman. Austin hops to the middle rope but Earl Hebner is begging him not to do it allowing Angle to get the chair off. Angle rolls out to the floor with the bell in hand and Austin moves in but gets clocked in the face with the bell. Austin is out in the ring and Angle is down on the floor when The Rock decides to make his way down the ramp. Rock tosses Angle back in the ring and Angle manages to cover the fallen Austin … but only gets a two count! Angle lays the boots to Austin while Rock makes his way over to the announce table and joins the commentary. Angle plants Austin with a back suplex then goes and drapes him over the apron and elbows him in the chest. Angle props Austin in a corner then grabs the chair and charges at him when Austin boots the chair in his face. Angle comes back with a belly-to-belly suplex and stomps Austin down in a corner when Austin fights back. Angle regains the advantage then comes off the ropes but Austin hits a Thesz Press and hammers him with rights. Austin tosses Angle through the ropes then notices Rock at the announce table before ramming Angle into it. Austin grabs a chair and readies a swing at Angle but Angle cuts him off then whips Austin right into Rock. Angle takes the chair himself and takes a swing at Austin when Austin ducks it but Rock gets nailed instead. Angle clocks Austin with the chair then rolls him back in the ring while Rock tries to recover on the floor. Angle slams Austin then climbs to the top rope and connects with the moonsault … but only gets a two count! Rock angrily climbs on the apron when Austin goes for the Stunner but Angle shoves him off right into Rock. Angle the slaps Austin in the Anklelock and Austin tries not to submit when Rock comes in and breaks it up. Rock works Angle over in a corner and hits the Smackdown then looks to hit Austin with the Rock Bottom. Rock grabs Austin but Angle breaks it up then pounds on Rock but Rock plants him with the Rock Bottom. However Austin thanks Rock for his help with the Stunner then covers Angle and gets the three for the win. *** Fun 10 minute brawl but this was more about advancing Rock/Austin instead of making Angle look respectable. And the overbooked ending didn't help it.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Death Before Dishonor VII Night 2 - Lance Storm vs. Chris Hero (w/Shane Hagadorn)

Hero knocked him out cold on PPV a few years ago, and this is supposed to be the big grudge match where Storm gets his revenge. Instead, we get the usual technical exhibition we've come to expect from Storm. Don't get me wrong this was enjoyable and solid but nothing special. They did tell a hell of a story though, with Lance using his years of knowledge/experiences and able to outmatch Hero when it came to wrestling, and indeed speed exchanges. So it was Hero’s striking (and ability to manipulate the rules) which scored him a huge win. ***1/4 - ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 03/26/2001 - Stone Cold Steve Austin & The Rock (w/Debra) vs. The Undertaker & Kane

Before the bell rings Rock and Austin have an epic stare down but that allows Kane to punk him out and get things started. Kane pounds away on Rock in a corner then whips him but Rock ducks a clothesline and hits a flying forearm. Rock sets Kane up for a Rock Bottom already then Taker comes in but Rock lets go of Kane to fight him off. However Kane clotheslines Rock then whips him and connects with a boot then chokes away at him on the mat. Kane chokes Rock on the ropes then tags Taker in and Taker pounds on Rock but Rock starts to fight back. Rock whips Taker but Taker comes back with a flying clothesline that gets a two count then tags Kane back in. Kane whips Rock when Rock again tries to rally but Kane stops that with a right hand then lays the boots to him. Kane comes off the ropes but Rock catches him with a spinebuster then rolls over and makes the tag to Austin. Taker also gets his tag and exchanges punches with Austin then gets the advantage with a knee to the chest. Taker whips Austin but lowers the head and Austin kicks the face then decks Kane but eats a Taker clothesline. Taker whips Austin into a corner and hits a clothesline while Rock goes out and tries to pull Kane off the apron. Kane and Rock duke it out on the floor while Austin whips Taker and hits the Thesz Press and unloads on him. Austin goes for the follow-up elbowdrop but Kane nails him from behind and Taker follows up with a big boot. Rock and Kane are fighting it out on the floor again when Taker scoops Austin up but Austin slips out of there. Austin goes for the Stunner but Taker shows him right into Rock on the apron then hits him with the chokeslam. Taker sets Austin up for the Last Ride but Triple H runs in with a chair in hand and whacks Taker in the back. Kane decks Triple H on the floor while Austin covers the fallen Taker and grabs the pin for his team. ** Okay match but never had the chance to really go anywhere. DAMN GO HOME SHOW.

iAMJamari

Reaction score
Last match i watched was AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels at Bound For Glory in an Iron Man Match. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Wrestlemania X-Seven - Intercontinental Title: Chris Jericho vs. William Regal

This feud featured the classic moment of Chris Jericho pissing in the tea of Regal. This was a solid match that got under ten minutes, yet still had a good amount of psychology and drama. The ending was a little too sudden but still a good solid opener. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Wrestlemania X-Seven - The Acolytes & Tazz (w/Jacqueline) vs. The Right To Censor (w/Steven Richards)

The fact that this was sloppy and boring as fuck and it was only given 4 minutes tells me everything about these guys. But i think the Tazz concussion kind of hampered things, and basically took him out of the match. *

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Wrestlemania X-Seven - WWF Hardcore Title: Raven vs. The Big Show vs. Kane

THIS MATCH IS AWESOME. This told a great story as Raven did all he could to survive what was basically a horror movie. Kane and Show did what they did, and Raven kept everything together with some crazy bumps. This also had some fun spots like breaking down walls, glass windows, and the golf carts. Just a shame the title didn't matter a whole lot at this point in its history. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Wrestlemania X-Seven - WWF European Title: Test vs. Eddie Guerrero (w/Perry Saturn)

So even though Eddie already jobbed to Test a few weeks prior on Smackdown, here he is with another shot at the title. Plus Saturn comes out wearing the GREATEST HAT IN HISTORY. This match is a total Eddie carry job, and i didn't even mind that it was 8 minutes long mainly cause i don't wanna see Test wrestle for long periods of times. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Wrestlemania X-Seven - Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit

The match told a great story of two amazing athletes trying to outdo each other. I loved that they started it out with the amateur holds and went move for move until Angle got frustrated and punched Benoit then thing broke drown and became more of the traditional Benoit/Angle match but the ending was pretty crappy. These two would only get better the more they worked together. Only the ending ruins it. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Wrestlemania X-Seven - Street Fight: Vince McMahon (w/Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) vs. Shane McMahon

Mick Foley is the Special Referee here and we all knew this was not gonna be that five star classic, but the story line in and around this was so good that this match, when it all came to a head and was paid off, that it made it worth seeing. Also, it was basic enough to work. Shane beats on Vince, until Stephanie pulls Vince away from the Crazy Shane Elbow Drop and Shane breaks the Spanish announce table. Trish wheel Linda out, and helps Vince up, BUT TRISH SLAPS VINCE AND TACKLES STEPHANIE FUCK YEAH! Trish and Stephanie brawl to the back, and then Vince gets up. He calls Linda bitch and tries to grab her, but Foley steps in the way. He tries to wheel her away, but Vince hits Mick in the back with a chair and again in the head. Vince rolls Linda in and sits her in the corner. He gets Shane in and is about to hit him with a garbage can, BUT LINDA STANDS THE FUCK UP! SHE KICKS VINCE IN THE BALLS, AND FOLEY PUNCHES THE SHIT OUT OF VINCE IN THE CORNER! Shane hits Vince with the Van Terminator to win. Vince finally got his for terrible things he did to Linda, Trish, Shane, and Mick Foley. Excellent work by everybody involved in this match. It had so much heat and the crowd responded to it perfectly. Even the crazy overbooking helped cause it it was all against Vince who has been doing these terrible acts for 3/4 months ***1/4 The McMahons always go all-out to make their matches entertaining and this was no exception.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Wrestlemania X-Seven - Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match: WWF World Tag Team Titles: The Dudley Boyz vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. Edge & Christian

This match still holds up like a BOSS. How about sick, painful, disgusting, amazing, athletic, insane and awesome all at the same time? The addition of Rhyno, Lita, and Spike only added to the awesomeness, and it still amazes me they were able to top what they did the previous year or even top the first TLC which was done eight month prior. The spots in this match were once again awesome as all six guys, plus their three friends, busted their asses to put on a great show. As usual, Jeff Hardy took the most insane bumps with the Swanton onto two people as well as the spear he took from Edge while hanging onto the belts. It was one of the sickest bumps I have ever seen and quite frankly I'm surprised he could walk after that one. I'm always shocked by these guys walking away without major injuries, although Edge did end up having major neck surgery a few years later and as we know it forced him to retire early. *****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Wrestlemania X-Seven - WWF World Heavyweight Title: The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

This right here is why i love WRESTLING. The reaction Austin gets here is absolutely insane, and they should have just called off the heel turn based on this reaction alone, or at least delay it until they were out of Texas. The Rock gets booed out of the building, and the crazy thing is it only got worse for him a year later in Toronto. I think what's most impressive about the match to me was it never slowed down. Neither guy stopped. It was full of action with memorable moments happening all the time. There wasn't a point in the match where you could say it was boring or slow. It didn't get boring ever. It continued to flow from the minute the bell rang until the match was over. I thought each guy was phenomenal, which is no surprise when you're talking about guys that are the caliber of Austin and Rock. I don't know if Rock was ever better than his performance here. His chemistry with Austin was always amazing. They had several good matches before this, no doubt. It's just that this one went up another level. His bumping was phenomenal and the heart he showed in kicking out after all the big moves made him a tougher guy in the eyes of the fans. He took a beating, yet he kept on coming. The work Austin did here was the real story. He was, simply put, a machine. There was nothing flawed in his performance. The crowd was cheering him, but he wrestled as aggressively and as viciously as the best heels of any generation. The facial expressions he used when he couldn't pin were great. I loved how he sold the Rock's late kick out by yelling "Shit!" repeatedly because he was frustrated that he couldn't put him away. You could look in his eyes to see the emotion. And the story of Austin drifting into his new paranoid heel persona was top notch. Even with the overbooked finish this was still a flat-out awesome battle with non-stop action and drama and some great stuff from both guys. ***** Best WrestleMania main event ever.

Post-match, VINCE AND AUSTIN FUCKING SHAKE HANDS AND DRINK TOGETHER! JR loses it on commentary in an awesome soundbite, and Heyman calmly says that Austin sold his soul to Satan himself for the WWF Title, and brings up Austin saying "I need to beat you, Rock. I need it more than anything in the world. More than you could ever know." Austin has finally given in, 3 years after the original offer of doing things the easy way or the hard way.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE No Way Out 2004 - WWE Heavyweight Title: Brock Lesnar vs. Eddie Guerrero

Tremendous match. This might be the greatest Big Man vs. Little Man match ever. I can seriously say Eddie was on top of his game here. The crowd was super hot for him and he wrestled an amazing match. Lesnar more than held up his end too, reminding me how great he got in such a short period of time. It’s a shame that they never got to do a rematch. I don’t even feel like the Goldberg interference ruined anything because it didn't lead directly to the finish, yet it was booked perfectly to pay off the earlier confrontation in the night and continues a major feud right into WrestleMania. It’s simple thinking ahead booking. ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw 0402/2001 - Steel Cage Match For The WWF World Heavyweight Title: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock

They hadn't quite gotten the fans to boo Austin but they've at least gotten them cheering Rock. Rock comes out first and awaits Austin in the cage while Vince McMahon gives Austin a personal introduction and the two make their way down the ramp together. Austin starts to enter the cage but Rock makes it hard for him to come in so Austin slams the door on his head. Austin pulls Rock out to the floor and pounds away on him as the bell sounds with both guys outside the cage. Rock fights back and decks Austin over the announce table then grabs the legs and nails him below the belt. Rock rams Austin into the timekeeper’s table then grabs the title belt and clocks Austin with it, busting him open. Rock hammers away at Austin’s open cut then tosses him into the cage wall and grinds his face across the mesh. Rock tosses Austin in the cage then heads in and finally we’re officially underway two minutes after the bell. Rock stomps Austin down when Austin fights back and whips him but Rock comes back with a clothesline. Rock goes for a whip but Austin hits a knee then takes him down by the legs and catapults him into the buckles. Austin plants Rock with a spinebuster for a two count then unloads on him and stomps him in the nether region. Austin has Vince pass a chair to him and jabs Rock repeatedly with it, just like he did at the pay-per-view. Austin readies another chair shot but Rock takes him down by the legs and puts him in the Sharpshooter. Austin frantically crawls for the ropes but Rock pulls him back while the referee keeps Vince from coming in. Austin starts tapping out but the referee doesn't see it as he’s still busy trying to keep Vince from interfering. Couldn't the outside have seen the submission from Austin and called for the bell? Eventually Rock releases Austin to tell the referee to do his job then catches Austin coming with a spinebuster. Rock follows up with the Peoples Elbow and covers as the referee counts 1..2..but Vince interrupts the count. Vince pulls the referee out to the floor and yells at him until the referee shoves Vince down and heads back in. Rock plants Austin with the Rock Bottom and the referee counts 1..2.but Vince nails the referee just before 3. Vince has some words for the referee but Rock stops Vince from leaving the cage and throws him into the wall. Rock closes the door and pounds Vince then sets up for a Rock Bottom but Austin saves him with a low blow. Vince decks the referee and helps Austin double-team Rock … when Triple H makes his way down the ramp? Yes, Triple H storms in the cage with his sledgehammer and shoves Vince aside then stands nose-to-nose with Austin as the crowd urges him to nail Austin the sledgehammer. Austin and Triple H are still exchange words when … Triple H turns and nails Rock with the hammer! Austin is all smiles as Triple H pummels Rock with the hammer and the two of them proceed to destroy Rock so we’re just going to call the match right there. Triple H throws Rock into the wall and hits him with the Pedigree. Austin adds the elbowdrop off the ropes, Triple H follows up with a kneedrop then holds Rock up as Austin flips him off and finishes him with the Stunner. Austin and Triple H both have some parting words for Rock and Vince gets in a few stomps for good measure. Austin calls for his beers to be thrown to him then he, Triple H and Vince share a toast over Rock’s corpse. And that’s pretty much the last we see of The Rock for the next four months. ***1/4 Awesome violent and heated brawl match. This was perfect opportunity to turn Triple H face and have him be Austin’s next big challenger. Instead WE GOT THE TWO-MAN POWER TRIP!