Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Cody/Andrade - Dynamite - Atlanta Street Fight.

Rewatched it again today, I can't get enough of it. Amazing PPV level match on Dynamite. Loved the flaming table spot which was really unexpected on TV. This is more of the Cody I'd like to see, with that extra aggression about him. He felt quite heelish in this match, and I wish/hope that his character is heading in that direction.​

Reactions: Geese

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Cody/Andrade - Dynamite - Atlanta Street Fight. Loved the flaming table spot which was really unexpected on TV. This is more of the Cody I'd like to see, with that extra aggression about him. He felt quite heelish in this match, and I wish/hope that his character is heading in that direction.​

Cody got the worst of that flaming table.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Very weird name for a PPV, perhaps one of my least favourite. I remember enjoying this match a lot, and it still holds up pretty well. KO and Roman synced pretty well in matches.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
W. Morrisey vs. Rich Swann. Against All Odds '21. Morrisey throws Swann over the top rope. Morrisey tries a powerbomb early, but Swann wiggles, bites him in the head to get out of it. Swann with a running Senton off the apron onto Morrisey. Morrisey wears Swann with a standing Crossface Chicken Wing. When Rich tries to wiggle out, Morrisey flings across the ring with a Giant Swing. Swann with a 450 Phoenix Splash off the ring apron on Morrisey. Inside the ring, Swann connects with another 450 Splash but Morrisey kicks out at two. Swann kept attempting the 450 Phoenix Splash which eventually got predictable. Morrisey with two straight Powerbombs and puts Swann away with a third Powerbomb for the win.

Tenille Dashwood vs. Jordynne Grace. Against All Odds '21. Tenille starts off with a side headlock, runs the ropes for a shoulder-block but Jordynne doesn't budge. Tenille kicks her in the stomach, goes for a side headlock. She tries a cross bodyblock but Jordynne catches her. Jordynne with a Full Nelson converted to a Giant Swing. Tenille with a Surfboard submission on Jordynne to weaken her.

Jordynne with two straight Scoop slams. When Tenille gets up, Jordynne nails her with forearms smashes. Jordynne runs off the ropes but Tenille stops her momentum with an elbow. Tenille with a neckbreaker on the ring apron. She pins Jordynne but Jordynne gets her hand on the bottom rope. Jordynne clamps on a sleeper but just when the ref is about count her out, Kaleb gets up on the apron to distract him. Rachael Ellering trips his feet, causing Kaleb to crash. While Jordynne is yelling at Rachael for creating a distraction, it gives Tenille time to recuperate. Jordynne goes for a Michinoku-driver but Tenille counters with an inside cradle for the win.

Tenille showed she's not just a pretty face and can display a repertoire moves, such as a Tartantula, Neckbreaker, and a Surfboard. Tenille bent the rules but Jordynne never should've taken her eyes off her opponent.

Last edited:

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Christian Cage vs. Brian Myers, for Cage's World Championship. Emergence '21. Myers starts with a hammerlock but Cage counters with a fireman's carry. Myers proceeds to beat Cage down in the corner. Myers suplexes him. Myers with a front facelock. His misses a top rope elbow. Christian counters with a second-rope dropkick. Myers spears him but only gets a two-count. Myers tries a bum rush but Christian spears him and executes the unprettier for the win.

It was an OK main event as it had moves which I've seen hundreds of times.

Last edited:

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
It's the best Brian Myers match you've ever seen though I bet.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Violent by Design vs. Crazzy Steve & Black Taurus for the Tag team titles. Against All Odds '21. Eric Deaner puts Steve in an armbar. Steve wiggles out of it with a kip-up and clamps a side headlock on Deaner. Steve takes Deaner down with a drop toehold. Crazzy Steve displayed agile moves and showed he wasn't a comic sideshow.

Steve with a running European Uppercut on Rhino against the turnbuckles. Deaner with a front facelock on Steve but he quickly breaks free. Taurus does a Pump Handle-Slam on Deaner. Steve tags in and catches Deaner with neckbreaker. Steve with a modified crossface on Deaner but it wasn't entirely locked in, which made it easy for Deaner to get to the ropes. Taurus and Steve double-team Deaner as Taurus picks him up and Crazzy Steve does a titl-a-whirl into a splash. Taurus with a Samoan Drop on Deaner. Deaner is taking the brunt of punishment.

Taurus with a quick headbutt on Rhino. When he bumrushes Rhino in the corner, Taurus' knee barely grazes the turnbuckles and he jumps over the ropes. Steve with three quick clotheslines and a European Uppercut on Deaner. When Steve goes for a top rope move, Rhino takes advantage of the ref's distraction and trips Steve. Deaner DDT's Steve for the win.

Last edited:

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Steve Maclin vs. TJP vs. Petey Williams. Victory Road '21. TJ and Petey double-team Maclin to start the match. Maclin throws Petey over the second rope. TJ tries a sunset flip but Maclin grabs the ropes. Petey follows through with a schoolboy on Maclin. Petey with a baseball dropkick on Maclin. Petey performs a second-rope Suicida on both competitors outside the ring. Maclin does a modified Rock Bottom on TJP on the entrance ramp.

Maclin suplexes Petey in the ring. Maclin then does a double-underhook, backbreaker on Petey. Williams fights back with a Russian leg sweep and an Enziguri to the back of Maclin's shoulders. Maclin gets out of the ring but Petey doesn't give him a chance to breathe as he does an over-the-top rope hurricanranna on Maclin.

TJP stuns Maclin with a top rope DDT. TJP and Petey double-team Maclin in the corner, reigning down blows. Petey with a sharpshooter on Maclin but, before he can get Maclin to tap, TJP grabs Petey's arm and tries an abdominal stretch. TJP with a Fireman's Carry converted to a Detonation Kick on Maclin. Maclin package Tombstones Petey and pushes him aside. He pins a fallen TJP for the win. An electrifying opener for Victory Road. The fans were engaged. Maclin got creative with famous WWE finishers by modifying it to such an extent that it becomes his own unique moveset.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Kenny Omega vs. Moose. Against All Odds '21. Omega with a side headlock and then a running shoulder-block but it doesn't faze Moose. Moose hits him with a clinched fist and a hip-toss. Omega tries a go-behind and full Nelson but Moose breaks it. Omega tries a top rope moonsault and misses. Moose counters with a standing moonsault of his own. In out of the ring action, Moose whips Omega to the steel railings but it took him too long to follow-up as he was playing to the crowd. Moose rushes with a splash but Omega moves out of the way, causing Moose to crash through the railings. Omega traps his right arm in the steel railings and inflicts further damage. Omega proceeds to elbow away at his right arm.

Omega with a Cross-Arm breaker. Omega tries a triangle choke but Moose slams him to break the hold. Moose with a European Uppercut, a pair of missile dropkicks to Omega in the corner. Omega does a modified Pedigree on Moose. Moose is hurt but waves Doc Sampson off, saying he wants to continue. Omega immediately hits him with a B-trigger. Moose goes for a spear, but Omega grabs ref Brian Hebner in front of him. Hebner is speared. While the ref is unconscious, the Young Bucks attack a downed Moose with multiple superkicks. Omega follows it up with the One-Winged Angel for the win.

Omega wins with the help of the Bucks.

Last edited:

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Rohit Raju w/Shera vs. Matt Cardona. No DQ. Victory Road '21. Cardona sneak attacks Rohit before the match begins but Rohit and Shera get the upper-hand and double-team Cardona. Shera chokeslams Cardona in the ring. While Cardona's down, Rohit tells Shera to leave because he wants it one-on-one.

Cardona clotheslines Rohit over the ropes but misses a baseball dropkick. Cardona does a side Russian legsweep on Rohit on the steel railings but inadvertently bangs his own head against the railings. Cardona puts a chair on Rohit's head and hits a running boot but Rohit was clearly holding up the chair to allow Cardona to do it. Rohit tries to suplex Cardona on the trash can but Cardona muscles out of it and counters with a Death Valley Driver on Rohit. Rohit front suplexes Cardona on a pair of chairs. Rohit proceeds to double stomp him through the chairs. Cardona missile dropkicks a chair on Rohit's head.

Chelsea runs into the ring and boots Rohit to the face. Cardona finishes him off with Radio Silence. It was entertaining with a number of highspots.

Last edited:

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Sami Callihan & Eddie Edwards vs. Moose & W. Morrisey. Victory Road '21. They back Morrisey into a corner and wear him down with reverse knife edge chops. Callihan and Edwards start off with quick tags in and out. Moose tries to interfere but Callihan and Edwards double-team him with a double-suplex.

Moose pulls Edward's rat tail over the second rope to cause further pain. Morrisey tags in and beats Edwards with clubbing blows. Edwards blue-thunder Bombs Morrisey. Moose tries a wristlock clothesline on Callihan, but he ducks out of the way and tags Edwards. Moose dazes him with a headbutt. Moose runs the ropes but Callihan quickly jumps in and drops Moose with a stiff forearm.

Callihan has Moose in the piledriver position but took long, playing to the crowd with his "Thumbs Down" routine which gave Morrisey a chance to boot his upper-chest. Edwards does piledrive Moose. Morrisey picks up Alisha Edwards and threatens to powerslam her. Morrisey powerbombs Alisha in the ring. Edwards takes his wife to the dressing room for medical attention which leaves Callihan to fend for himself against these two behemoths.

Morrisey holds Callihan up to allow Moose to spear him. Moose spears him for the win.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Good Brothers vs. Willie Mack & Rich Swann for the Brothers' tag titles. Victory Road '21. Mack with a flying reverse elbow and a splash on Luke Gallows. Karl Irish whips Rich, misses a clothesline and Rich connects with a Hurricanranna. Swann with a hard kick to Karl's back. Swann and Mack with a double dropkick to Luke. Swann clutches on a front facelock on Luke but it doesn't last long. Anderson side suplexes Swann. Luke kicks Swann to the side of his head.

Luke with bodyshots, followed by an uppercut to Swann. Luke with a hard elbowdrop on Swann. Mack scoop slams Anderson and follows it up with a legdrop. Brothers try the Magic Killer on Mack but Swann blocks it. Luke powerbombs Swann on the edge of the ring apron. Luke grabs Mack's right leg, allowing Karl to perform his stunner. The Brothers perform the Magic Killer on Mack and successfully retain their titles.

Last edited:

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Kevin Steen vs Eddie Kingston - ROH Throwback

KO_Eddie.png

So before this I was watching Eddie in a match-up with Briscoes, then I got this suggested. :banderas:

Oh baby, hell yeah. I enjoy the way both Eddie and Kevin wrestle, and knew their styles would go together well. They both have a very smash-mouth style, especially Eddie. This was 'bound to be good. So this match starts off hilarious, I don't know the context here exactly but Eddie just immediately runs out and clobbers on one of the commentary team guys. :lol

Then you got Kev following him, and they both just go absolutely ham. I started popping, it only gets better from there. Kev nails Eddie with some wicked chair spots. It was fucking awesome.

Fuck, the powerbomb in to table around 6 minutes in. I marked out. :mark: :mark: Kev set the table up between the barricade and the ring apron. Looked so damn good, that shit exploded. I felt for Eddie's back there. The selling and storyline was good here too, he was out for ages after the spot.

So whilst Eddie is recovering Kev just absolutely rips in to one of the fans in to the crowd daring him to have a go. This heel work. :DAMN:

Eddie's comeback in to the match was so well done. He just goes absolutely crazy. Another really good table spot about 15 minutes in with the back drop driver, such a hard looking landing. That shit looked brutal. Insanely good match here. Excellent pacing, good storyline built, both guys looked great. That finish was GREAT. Eddie asking for more. "You better kill me motherfucker" :mark:

Eddie hasn't changed a single bit, in a good way. Neither of 'em have really. I'd like to see Kev come back to a more adult product like AEW though, just so I could see more of him like his Steen days, but he still does good work on RAW lately. One of the few highlights.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

Bit of a random match, but I was scrolling through and I tried to see if I could remember this match on memory alone (I couldn't) and all that came to mind was the finish, so I decided to revisit it.

You know watching again on a whim, I really forgot how good of a match this was considering it was on RAW and Kurt was not working anywhere near the same level at all. I remember I thought it'd just be a squash by Drew, but it ended up being a pretty competitive bout, and legitimately one of Kurt's best return matches.

Kurt was able to get some good stuff in, even pulling down the straps and all that. Drew making him submit with his own move, and punishing is such an incredible moment. I would say this moment is what really got Drew some more spotlight, and he'd go on to win the WWE Championship a couple of years later.

This is not really one of those matches people remember, I know I didn't, but you go back and watch it and you realise without this match Drew may not have had anywhere near the same momentum. So yeah, big props to Angle here for putting him over big time.​

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Josh Alexander vs. Chris Sabin. X-Division Championship. Josh with an wristlock but Chris counters with an armdrag but he did a lot of acrobatic moves and expended much energy early on. Josh Irish whips him and hits Sabin with a standing reverse elbow.

Sabin with a running baseball kick to Josh's left knee, causing him to fall out the ring. Sabin with a rop rope bodypress on Josh. Sabin wears him down with a front facelock, converted to a neckbreaker. Sabin with another front facelock this time he converts it into a snapmare. Josh with an ankle lock but Sabin easily got to the ropes. Josh tries a gutwrench suplex but Sabin blocks it. Josh holds him and executes a vertical suplex.

Josh tries another vertical suplex, but Sabin wiggles out of it and counters with an Inside cradle. Josh takes him down with a reverse elbow. Josh with a scoop Slam but misses a moonsault. Sabin does a modified Magic Killer to Josh on the ring apron.

Josh tries a pedigree, but Sabin gets down on both knees to block it but Josh does a pedigree converted into a backbreaker. Josh with a German suplex but only gets a two-count. Sabin attempts a Fireman's Carry but Josh breaks free, counters with an ankle lock. Sabin tries an Enziguri but Josh partially blocks it. He holds onto his ankle-lock but Sabin refuses to tap. Josh does a double-underhook, Spike piledriver and pins Sabin to successfully retain his title.