Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
You can put any Kurt and Eddie match on and it gets all the buys. Incredible chemistry between both men and always such great sequences and action. It doesn't really matter which one you pick, they are all just so great.

Reactions: TeaDrinkingLimey

JohnMena

Reaction score
Watched Razor Ramon v The British Bulldog raw 1995-a great match with outside interference from Owen Hart.

Reactions: Chris

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Kerry Von Erich vs. Virgil. Virgil a last minute replacement for Ted DiBiase.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Rob Van Dam vs. Brian Cage/Daga. Hard to Kill 2020. RVD's lesbian girlfriend grabs Cage's arm at ringside, giving RVD a chance to sneak attack him. RVD pushes Cage's injured shoulder against the ring-post. RVD with a flying knee-lift and the Van-terminator but the ref refuses to allow the match to continue. Cage is taken away by medics.

Daga takes Cage's place. RVD with a spinning heel kick on Daga. RVD's tries a monkey-flip but Daga counters with a well-timed dropkick in RVD's abdomen. Daga with a low kick, Enzuigiri, and a dropkick which sends RVD reeling. Daga with a Fireman's carry, knee lift, and a snap suplex. As Daga runs the ropes, Katie Forbes grabs his right leg, giving RVD a chance to recover. RVD with his signature moves, the Corkscrew leg-drop and Frog Splash.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Andrade vs Pac on Rampage

0a4c9-16313584016504-800.jpg

Rampage about to be the A-Show if they keep on putting matches of this calibre. Very good match and showing for Andrade. I like that they just cut to the match instantly to make most of the hour. Rampage is very much the show where they just go all out on the wrestling aspect and I really love that.

Reactions: Villano69

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Reactions: Villano69

Villano69

Reaction score
Andrade vs Pac on Rampage

0a4c9-16313584016504-800.jpg

Rampage about to be the A-Show if they keep on putting matches of this calibre. Very good match and showing for Andrade. I like that they just cut to the match instantly to make most of the hour. Rampage is very much the show where they just go all out on the wrestling aspect and I really love that.

Yeah, Andrade's first few matches in AEW were not really good and I was starting to wonder if he would up his game like he is capable of doing. You need to bring your working shoes to hang in AEW. He sure brought them for that match, but its hard not to have a good match with Pac.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Kenny Omega vs Bryan Danielson

Bryan-Danielson-and-Kenny-Omega-b996.jpg

Everything I could have hoped for really. Beautiful spots, stiff chops, Bryan kicking the shit out of Omega. Great stuff. Also thought the way it closed out was perfect and builds plenty of hype for them to get more time together in the ring

Reactions: Geese

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Kenny Omega vs Bryan Danielson

Bryan-Danielson-and-Kenny-Omega-b996.jpg

Everything I could have hoped for really. Beautiful spots, stiff chops, Bryan kicking the shit out of Omega. Great stuff. Also thought the way it closed out was perfect and builds plenty of hype for them to get more time together in the ring

Watched this again as well. Fastest 30 minute match I think I've ever seen lol. Only thing I didn't like, and how they've done a couple of these time limit draws now, is, besides Excalibur telling us there were 45 seconds left, there was no other indicator of how much time was remaining. Put something on the screen when five minutes are remaining, one minute, etc. You can hear a muffled Justin Roberts saying something, which I assume has to do with the time, but have no idea what exactly is being said. My only gripe :lol

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Dynamite Matches below

Some spoilers!

:faith

boy-cole.jpg

Adam Cole vs Jungle Boy

This was fucking amazing. It might be my favourite Cole match in quite some time. He and Jungle Boy work together like a treat, I loved some of the spots and sequences here. They need to have a rematch at some point. I've been quite impressed with Cole in AEW so far, he's putting on quality matches.

mirosammyaew.jpg

Miro vs Sammy Guevara

Sammy is one of the brighest talents going today. Nice methodical work in the beginning from Miro and impressive strength displays, Sammy bringing the heat and fighting back. This told a great underdog story and had me rooting for Sammy in a big way. I'm very interested to see his reign going forward. Miro was a great TNT champion so definitely some big shoes to fill here.​

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Goldberg vs. Lex Luger. Starrcade '00

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Rhino vs RVD at Anarchy Rulz 2000. And Joey Styles just once again proved why he's the greatest play by play commentator in the history of wrestling (imo) when watching the replay of the pin count he remarked "that was in slow motion and it still looked fast".... I guess typing it doesn't do it justice. Go watch the PPV. You won't regret it.

Also Cyrus - Don Callis to modern audiences was just as good on the mic 20 years ago as he is today in AEW...

Reactions: Geese and Chris

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Satoshi Kojima vs. Joe Doering. Against all Odds 2021. Kojima starts with a side headlock on Doering. Kojima with a shoulder-block but Doering stands still. Doering then takes Kojima down with a shoulder-block of his own. Doering Irish-whips Kojima and hurts him with a back-elbow. Doering wears him down with a Boston Crab.

Kojima with a running Forearm Smash to Doering against the corner-buckles but Doering takes the offense again with a spinebuster. Kojima nails him with a DDT. Kojima attempts a brain-buster but Doering blocks it. Doering with a cross body-block but gets a two-count. Doering puts Kojima in a Fireman's Carry and a lariat but only gets a two. Doering finishes off Kojima with a spinning power-bomb. A win for Violent by Design and surprising there wasn't much inteference by his stablemates.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Rohit Raju vs. Chris Bey vs. Ace Austin vs. Trey Miguel vs. Petey Williams. Against All Odds 2021. This is a five-way match to determine the number one contender for the X-Division title. Austin slams Trey's back against the steel railings. He stays outside the ring to bide his time. In the ring, Bey and Rohit double-team Petey. Petey counters with a dropkick to Rohit Raju. When the Mocha Mammal isn't a cowardly heel, he can be put on a string of moves: swinging neckbreaker + Sitout Gourdbuster on Bey. Rohit with a leg sweep and foot stomp on Ace's abdomen. Rohit with a snap suplex on Petey. Rohit with a flying knee-lift on Trey's jaw. There's a disconnect between the Rohit you see on Impact every week and the Rohit in the pay-per-views.

The end comes when Trey goes for a high-risk move and Madman Fulton pushes him off the top turnbuckle. He gets in the ring and beats up the other competitors until he drapes Ace's arm over Rohit's unconscious body for the pin. Ref Daniel Spencer refuses to make the count and rules the match a no-contest. A disappointing ending but it's good the ref didn't insult our intelligence by counting to three.

Last edited: