Last Video Game Played

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
e22efe5995a1271bc407b45e7d4a1b64bb3d9adae88b1887.png

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
H2x1_NSwitchDS_SavageHalloween_image1600w.jpg

Very fun little retro style game with gameplay similar to games such as the Contra series, although I'd say not as challenging if you play on 'Normal'. It's fairly generous with the amount of lives that you get and you get a few continues even if you die. I haven't tried Hardcore mode yet but I imagine it could easily bump up in difficulty considerably if you wanted the extra challenge. The levels have quite a few challenging sections.

The Halloween theme and overall art style is great. I'd definitely recommend picking it up as it's fairly cheap.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
capsule_616x353.jpg

Great game that I feel really does capture the essence of what Goosebumps is all about. I'm a big fan of most point and click games and I really dig the atmosphere in this one. I actually felt it does pose quite a decent challenge too, there's of things to interact with and pick up. Not all items are essential for finishing the game, so it's quite easy to get a little puzzled as what items you need for progression and where to use them.

capsule_616x353.jpg

One of the best survival games and really good game from a graphical standpoint too. love the lighting especially. I definitely recommend if you're an Alien fan, they do a lot of justice towards it. It's one of those I'd highly suggest playing with headphones on because the sound design is very immersive.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
H2x1_NSwitchDS_TheSuicideOfRachelFoster_image1600w.jpg

Bought this on sale ages ago, never got around to playing it. I was reading online it takes about 3 hours to complete and I felt that was perfect for right now as I don't have a ton of time to play games. It's pretty engrossing so far, I'm on the third day in the story. It reminds me a lot of Firewatch with the way the story is told, the dialogue and voice acting feels very similar. It's set in a hotel and feels heavily inspired by The Shining which gives it quite a creepy vibe. So far, so good. Not a lot major has happened yet in the story, but I really like the atmosphere of it and I'm intrigued to see where it goes.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
^ I finished that earlier today. A lot of dark moments to the story, especially later on but I quite enjoyed the game. Thought the voice acting really took it to a next level and it surprised me with the quality of it, much like Firewatch. It was largely carried by its dialogue which I found quite immersive and also just wandering the halls and rooms of the hotel was a good vibe. It was nice with headphones on in the dark. There wasn't a whole lot of 'gameplay' as such but if you've enjoyed story driven walking type games in the past, I think you'd proabably enjoy it.

After that I started up Grid Legends which seems to be quite a solid racer so far. There's a ton of race track variety and the handling of the cars feels quite good, it also seems like there is plenty to complete that would keep you busy for a while.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Super-Mario-Wonder-scaled.jpg

Super Mario Acid Trip.... I mean Super Mario Wonder.

This game is fucking perfect. 2D Mario at its finest.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
MV5BYjI0NzBlM2ItNzgxYi00OGVmLWE5MTgtN2YwYjJkYTIxZGIzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTY4NTMwNzk@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

This is one of the more unique horror games I've played, I'm really enjoying it. The restaurant simulator aspects of it are geniunely great as well. It's really fun and stressful, super fast paced, especially when you've got a lot of customers that are waiting to get served. It's so nerve-wracking knowing that if you mess up an order that you get punished by scary things happening. The whole vibe of the restaurant and everything changes, it gets really dark and decrepit. Very eerie. Plot seems cool so far as well, you seem to be in some sort of simulation which explains why everything feels so bizarre in the world.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Life_Is_Strange_-_True_Colors.png

Never played Life is Strange 2 so this is the first one I'm playing without the original characters from the first game. So far I'm really enjoying it a lot, it's actually shaping up to be potentially my favourite of them all after finishing the early chapters. The scenery of Haven Springs is really pretty, I liked the Arcadia Bay setting from the first but this is a lot more aesthetically pleasing to the eyes with the mountains and everything. It's got a very cozy vibe. The main character Alex is really likeable, I was a bit worried I wouldn't connect with the characters in True Colors but they are really well written. She's a great protagonist with a lot of likeable qualities to her.

The soundtrack is awesome, they actually have one of Phoebe Bridgers' songs in the game, Scott Street. I was really happy discovering it in the record shop. I always liked that they primarily use indie folk songs, it just fits the vibe of these perfectly.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Life_Is_Strange_-_True_Colors.png

Never played Life is Strange 2 so this is the first one I'm playing without the original characters from the first game. So far I'm really enjoying it a lot, it's actually shaping up to be potentially my favourite of them all after finishing the early chapters. The scenery of Haven Springs is really pretty, I liked the Arcadia Bay setting from the first but this is a lot more aesthetically pleasing to the eyes with the mountains and everything. It's got a very cozy vibe. The main character Alex is really likeable, I was a bit worried I wouldn't connect with the characters in True Colors but they are really well written. She's a great protagonist with a lot of likeable qualities to her.

The soundtrack is awesome, they actually have one of Phoebe Bridgers' songs in the game, Scott Street. I was really happy discovering it in the record shop. I always liked that they primarily use indie folk songs, it just fits the vibe of these perfectly.
I played this last year when it was on Gamepass (or XBox Live Games with Gold, can't recall). It was really good and I wanted to go back and play the others... One of these days they'll be on Gamepass.

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Driving around the continent in Euro Truck Simulator 2. Going strong towards the 2000 hours playtime mark. (I'm definitely over that, because I think Steam doesn't count offline hours) :lol

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
2x1_NSwitchDS_Dysmantle.jpg

Dysmantle on PS Plus, it's pretty cool. It feels like a fusion between DayZ and Project Zomboid. Although I'd say way more casual friendly, the survival aspects are a lot more managable. I can't say there's been any moments yet where I felt as though I was in serious danger of dying. I only died once because I wasn't paying attention to the game and was messing around with Spotify. :lol The art style is really nice and I enjoy how you can break pretty much anything in the world and use it as resources. Very addictive gameplay loop with the amount of upgrades you can obtain and everything giving you XP points.