Last Video Game Played

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
capsule_616x353.jpg

Been playing this game called Titan Souls I bought on sale. Pretty cool little indie offering. Thought the premise sounded interesting. Bosses die in one hit, but you do as well. You also only have one arrow and have to retrieve it after you shoot. It's pretty challenging so far, I just spent close to an hour trying to beat a Yeti boss which was pretty tricky. Very rewarding though once you learn the patterns of the bosses. If I only had one suggestion, it'd be to make it so you respawn in the boss area. Having to run back to the boss room everytime you die just gets tedious after a while, I never was a big fan of that in Dark Souls either, as it's just a time waster generally.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
capsule_616x353.jpg

Been playing this game called Titan Souls I bought on sale. Pretty cool little indie offering. Thought the premise sounded interesting. Bosses die in one hit, but you do as well. You also only have one arrow and have to retrieve it after you shoot. It's pretty challenging so far, I just spent close to an hour trying to beat a Yeti boss which was pretty tricky. Very rewarding though once you learn the patterns of the bosses. If I only had one suggestion, it'd be to make it so you respawn in the boss area. Having to run back to the boss room everytime you die just gets tedious after a while, I never was a big fan of that in Dark Souls either, as it's just a time waster generally.
That sounds interesting. Did the Yetay look like a mummy and try to kill you by humping you from behind while you're in a bear hug?

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Test Drive 4 for PS1 is hard as shit. Like Driver tutorial mission level of difficulty and frustration. Even with save states, I barely managed to win the first race. Absolutely incredible game, though. So ahead of its time. The graphics are really nice and impressive especially with emulator enhancements. It feels a lot like a PS2 era game. The driving also feels really tight and fluid. Never really played this series, just Gran Turismo and Ridge Racer, but there's a lot to appreciate here if you enjoy old school racers.

San Francisco has been my favourite level to race in so far, the downhill sections especially.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

AguileraSZN

Notorious Smartass
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
CSI 3 Dimensions Of Murder on PS2

The voice acting of Catherine Willows sounds like a Jerry Hall doppelganger

From My Samsung Galaxy A13 4G

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
capsule_616x353.jpg

Gosh this game was stressful but such an incredible experience. I've heard of these Puppet Combo guys before and their games as they are quite a hit with Twitch & Youtube creators. And for good reason, as they really excel at the niche they fill in the survival horror genre. The old school 80's VHS slasher vibe a lot of their stuff has is an art style I'm personally a fan of. This is one of their few developed games that is available on PS4 as well, so I thought I'd finally pick it up. Intentionally made sure not to see any walkthroughs of it so I wouldn't spoil it for myself too.

Was surprised to see this one is in third person, a lot of their games I've seen are usually first person. It also is heavily inspired by Resident Evil/Silent Hill with the UI elements, save system, camera angles and overall gameplay/ambience. Thought the game was terrfying as hell in places, and made me really anxious the entire way through. Took me about 3 hours or so taking my time and being stuck on certain sections, Would definitely replay it again. The death animations are super gruesome too. Some really disturibing scenes that grossed me out. Whoever did the animations did such a great job.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
220px-Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg

Back to carry on my playthrough from like years ago. Such a pretty game, it's probably one of the best games I've ever played visually. Just exploring the world itself just feels so rewarding to me. I'll be honest, it took me a while to get in to this as it has a slow start, but it was worth it.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
LtWiKZ3b4OGmYiHd6TfgQBq1.png

Part of me regrets buying this game. Not because it's bad, but because it's fucking terrifying. Do not play this game at max volume, trust me. My first encounter with the 'Nun' might be the most terrified I've ever felt in a video game ever. Headphones on and all. Literally felt like I needed to take a breather the first time she chased me. Who knows when I'll finish this, I'm too scared to move in this game half the time. These Puppet Combo devs know how to make you shit your pants. Seems like a very hard game so far, as you have limited inventory space to carry certain items around you need.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
220px-Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg

Back to carry on my playthrough from like years ago. Such a pretty game, it's probably one of the best games I've ever played visually. Just exploring the world itself just feels so rewarding to me. I'll be honest, it took me a while to get in to this as it has a slow start, but it was worth it.
I wish I had waited for the new gen patch before I did my last run, but I'll come back to it in a few years

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
H2x1_NSwitchDS_VictorVranOverkillEdition_image1600w.jpg

I'm really enjoying this game a lot. The vibe of it does remind me of Diablo quite a bit, especially a lot of the Gothic atmosphere present in it. As far as ARPG's are concerned, it's one of more fun ones that I've played thanks to the combat styles and variety of weapons. They are all really fun to use I feel like. The swords are pretty satisfying, the shotguns are pretty unique and are good if you want more ranged attacks. My personal favourite though is the big hammers, it's literally like you're Thor or something, it's pretty badass. You can fly up in the air and do big ground slam attacks. The loot is also great and feels rewarding, which is pretty important in a game like this. I actually feel like I'm getting cool stuff and weapons to try out which keeps me playing.

Very good world building and atmosphere. I'd definitely recommend this game if you like Diablo, I think you'll find a lot to enjoy here. The game visually is a treat. I imagine it just looks superb on PC maxed out.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
capsule_616x353.jpg

I finally finished this one today and I honestly cannot recommend it enough if you're a horror fan or like movies such as Texas Chainsaw Massacre, you could tell the developers were heavily inspired by it in a lot of ways with the atmosphere and killer that chases after you. As a big TMC fan, this has been my favourite one to play so far. It also has a great prologue segment where you are doing a night shift in a gas station that does a good job making you feel on edge. Very good game to pick up and play around this time of year.

• Love

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Playing through Lies of P and it's already lining up to be my personal GOTY. I enjoy most Soulslike games to a certain degree just because I am a big fan of the design choices and combat they take from Dark Souls but this really stands on its own as a truly great game. You could easily fool me in to thinking FromSoftware had a hand in developing it, especially the overall atmosphere which is very reminiscent of Bloodborne. Difficulty feels just right, with some challenging sections. Ambiance and sound design is great. Bosses are fun to fight. Big thumbs up from me, find myself itching to play more.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I gave the MW3 Open Beta a try last night. I've been kind of out of Call of Duty for a while now as I don't really enjoy Warzone and I couldn't get in to any of the previous multiplayers. Cold War was alright. So far I'm actually surprised at how fun it is. They remastered all of the maps from the original Modern Warfare 2, so it's a lot of nostalgia playing on them and the visual overhauls are great. I can see why this would annoy some people that they are shipping a game with maps from 2009 but to me personally it's actually a selling point if anything. The first Modern Warfare reboot had a good campaign but I could not for the life of me get any enjoyment from the Multiplayer. There was only a couple of maps I actually liked and the rest were not well designed to me. It's basically if you took MW2, slapped on a new coat of paint and made the gameplay a bit faster paced. I think it's really promising.