Last Video Game Played

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I've been playing Saints Row 3 Remastered at the moment, I'm really enjoying it. Visually it looks pretty nice, they did a good job bumping up the visuals from the original game a considerable amount. With that being said, the game does show its age at times in other areas, mostly when it comes to the controls which are fairly janky and take some time to get used to. Driving is pretty rough, and the aiming can be a bit frustrating at times. Just never feels as precise as you want it to be. Never really been the strongest suite of these games, though. I think where it excels is the open world itself which is really fun to explore and there's tons of customization, stuff to mess around with. It's where I personally always thought this had an edge over the later GTA games, where the open world feels pretty barren and there's just not that much to do, IV and V specifically. It's fairly wacky game, especially the side missions but they don't completely abandon what made the first two games good. I still prefer Saints Row 2 overall, but it's pretty close.
I had been playing 2 again recently on my XBox Games with Gold. Doesn't really hold up either.

2 felt almost too realistic for me. 3 was my favorite storywise as it's when they got crazy but didn't jump the shark like in 4.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I had been playing 2 again recently on my XBox Games with Gold. Doesn't really hold up either.

2 felt almost too realistic for me. 3 was my favorite storywise as it's when they got crazy but didn't jump the shark like in 4.
That's fair, I think I like the more serious-realistic approach in 2, but I think overall 3 is the most polished one. I'm willing to bet the first game hasn't aged that well as much as I loved it at the time, very cool ideas though for when it came out. Was one of my favourite early Xbox 360 titles.

Reactions: Crash

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
That's fair, I think I like the more serious-realistic approach in 2, but I think overall 3 is the most polished one. I'm willing to bet the first game hasn't aged that well as much as I loved it at the time, very cool ideas though for when it came out. Was one of my favourite early Xbox 360 titles.
Never played the first one actually. From what I heard it was much more serious. I like the campiness of the never ones more as they tried to distance themselves from GTA. GTA is Scorsese, Saints Row was more Michael Bay (but funnier.... and good).

Meanwhile, I've been playing GoldenEye on XBox Gamepass. The controls of the OG GoldenEye were bleh. They've updated them. They're good now. Game is so much fun.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
GoldenEye coming out has made me wish I was on Xbox so badly the past few days. :lol Been enjoying watching people play it though, such a nostalgia trip. One of the first games I really remember with Super Mario 64, although I didn't play it long when I was younger.

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
GoldenEye coming out has made me wish I was on Xbox so badly the past few days. :lol Been enjoying watching people play it though, such a nostalgia trip. One of the first games I really remember with Super Mario 64, although I didn't play it long when I was younger.
You need to get an XBox or Switch so you can play it.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
capsule_616x353.jpg

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
header.jpg

Doing it up on Nightmare difficulty, it's a pretty fun challenge so far. I really enjoy this game/remake a lot, I just wish it had reached its full potential. At its core it's such a well-done remake from a visuals standpoint and the character models I think are spot on, I always really liked what they did with Jill and especially Carlos, he looks way better than the original and the character itself has way more depth about him. I just would have liked to have seen a lot more of the city to explore, it feels really small and just not fully realised with a very short story. I will say one of the things I do appreciate about it being shorter is that it's much easier to speedrun compared to other RE games, I found this very easy to learn.

Reactions: Crash

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
So uh.. the Nemesis fight on RE3 Remake on these higher difficulties, this guy does not play around. Holy shit. Took me so many tries. Still say I had a harder time with the original but this really felt a lot closer to how hard it used to be on the PS1.

Reactions: Y2Jayne and Crash

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Hogwarts Legacy

The game is so good. Amazing graphics and gameplay. Even surprised me at how good it actually is.

Draevyn

#FinishTheStory
Reaction score
I spend most of my time playing World Of Warcraft or Final Fantasy XIV. It's rare that I play other games though I do buy them all the time. I'm playing Hogwarts a bit on the side when I have some spare time but I've really not managed to get far in it yet.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Hogwarts Legacy

The game is so good. Amazing graphics and gameplay. Even surprised me at how good it actually is.
Came here to say this. I spent a whole day on it and I couldn't put the controller down, I only stopped around midnight because my cat was begging for food. Highly addictive and fun game.