Last Video Game Played

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Finished the Skyrim main quest and it was a lot shorter than I was expecting, but I sorta also liked that it didn't drag on forever. Was fun times. My only gripe with this game is the Dragon fights all feel the same after you've fought a couple, I wish there was a bit more diversity to them. Going to take it easy now, do some side quests every now and then when I feel like playing it. Still got so much to discover and explore.

Reactions: Death By Looch

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Playing Super Mario Odyssey with the kids on the switch. Gonna play Sonic Frontiers with the kids tomorrow when it comes in.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
capsule_616x353.jpg

Not as good as the other Dead Rising games but I like the Christmas vibes. Main reason I booted it up, gameplay is fun enough. I just wish they hadn't changed so much about it and just stuck to the formula that worked from the previous three. There's potential here but a lot of it was sadly missed.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
stray-game-fa56290.png

My god this game is adorable. Just been playing it for a couple of hours and I got absolutely lost in it, definitely a must with headphones. Right off the bat, the attention to detail with the cats is unbelievable. Ridiculously on point, and I love that you can do typical 'cat things' like scratching doors, rugs, couches etc. Knocking things off is fun, no wonder cats love doing it. :lol Also, just taking time to sleep or sip water. So many small little things you can do just optionally that I find really amazing. Visually it's one of the best looking games I've played on PS4 by far, plus so much variety to the areas. Lighting is gorgeous.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Started up Mafia on PS4

Bought it like 7 months ago but hadn't played it yet.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
capsule_616x353.jpg

Very cool so far. It has took me a couple of hours to get out of the Dark Souls mindset, but I think I'm getting the hang of the pacing of this game. Whilst it's FromSoftware and does share some similarities with Souls, it plays very different mechanically. In this game, you get rewarded for being aggressive when fighting enemies rather than playing defensive like I'm used to. I'm loving the traversal system with the grappling hook and jumping, it's tight. It really opens up the areas, and you can explore so much, plus take your surroundings in and scout for best methods to progress. I like that a lot.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
capsule_616x353.jpg

Very cool so far. It has took me a couple of hours to get out of the Dark Souls mindset, but I think I'm getting the hang of the pacing of this game. Whilst it's FromSoftware and does share some similarities with Souls, it plays very different mechanically. In this game, you get rewarded for being aggressive when fighting enemies rather than playing defensive like I'm used to. I'm loving the traversal system with the grappling hook and jumping, it's tight. It really opens up the areas, and you can explore so much, plus take your surroundings in and scout for best methods to progress. I like that a lot.
Not even going to try to attempt this one. After failing hard at Bloodborne and other souls like games, I will just be happy to watch others play it on YouTube. I know my limitations.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Finished Stray today. Such a cute game, I definitely teared up a little towards the end. I'm really glad I played it, never really had an experience like that with any other games. Honestly I spent so much time just exploring and wandering around because jumping around as a cat was a blast.

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
Horizon Forbidden West (I FINALLY finished Zero Dawn) and NFS Unbound. Finished the story on NFS Unbound several weeks ago but am grinding to play with more cars and complete the side stuff. Enjoying both games.

I do intend to play Stray eventually but am limiting myself to focus on the games that I currently have first.

Jazz Wolf

Friendship Wolf
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shannonmoore
Picked up Slime Rancher 2 and Crash Bandicoot 4 on Steam over Christmas. Flipped a coin, decided to play Crash Bandicoot 4 first.

I love the series. Even the awkward MOM/COTT games that were a bit divisive still hold a good place in my heart. The entire series is, pretty much, my childhood. Kind of a comforting thing, I guess. I used to make it a point once a year to replay the original trilogy, some sort of lame tradition.

I'm only a few hours into it, and boy, my platforming skills are either rusty as heck (likely given how I was never really 'good' in the first place) or this game is harder than expected. Had to rebind a few keyboard controls - Crash Bandicoot 4 seems almost certainly designed with a controller in mind - but I'll get a better idea of the full scope of things after I finish the game. The art and design is absolutely beautiful, colorful and vibrant so far, and though I've only made it to the third area, I'm enjoying it immensely.

There's a bit of replay value in getting all of the gems and whatnot, given how difficult some of the levels are I think I'll hold off on going for a 100% run for now. Finish the game and enjoy the story, then switch to Slime Rancher 2, then dabble back in CB 4 and see if I'm able to stop being terrible at platformers and go for gold. Shrug.

I guess that passes as my 'just starting out but enjoying it so far' and I'll probably drop a full review after I finish the story. At that point you can expect me to pick up a Ripper Roo or Dingodile avatar, since I'm only capable of hyperfocusing on one thing at a time.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
^ I actually thought Crash 4 was indeed harder than the other games. The levels are pretty damn complex and tricky at times.

I'm taking a bit of a break from Sekiro and God of War as I don't want to rush through them, thought I'd finally start up the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (that's a mouthful) campaign. So far, it's pretty damn great. I really always enjoyed the Black Ops 1 campaign, it was one of the best ones they've ever put out in my opinion. It's basically just more of that, I am digging the OST a lot, they got some kick ass songs in it like Magic Carpet Ride.

I tried a bit of the Multiplayer too and it's fairly enjoyable but frustrating. I'm not all that great anymore at shooters, but I enjoy the more traditional weapons like M16, AK-47 etc being back in it. Some cool levels too, the Miami one is my favourite I've played. Zombies is really good too, and it's nice you just get all the maps with the base game, no DLC.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Cold War campaign was great. One of the most enjoyable ones I've played since Call of Duty 4 and Black Ops 1. Just wish it had been a bit longer overall, but it's super action packed, nice to see fan favourites characters back in it too like Mason & Woods. Stealth missions were a lot of fun in this, and I also enjoyed some of the side missions as well, there's one where you need to decrypt a floppy disk and review evidence to find out the code and passphrase and it's unique to each player.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Thought I'd try out EA Play for a month, it's pretty cheap. It's not too bad, I may even check out FIFA whilst I got access to it. :lol Got it to play Burnout Paradise Remastered and NFS Hot Pursuit mostly, and also wanted to try Battlefield 2042 without having to pay for it outright. Battlefield is decent, I can see why it got bad reviews, and it feels like it's lacking in content overall. Maps are pretty hit or miss. Still having fun with it, though. It's like BF3 & 4 on steroids.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Thought I'd try out EA Play for a month, it's pretty cheap. It's not too bad, I may even check out FIFA whilst I got access to it. :lol Got it to play Burnout Paradise Remastered and NFS Hot Pursuit mostly, and also wanted to try Battlefield 2042 without having to pay for it outright. Battlefield is decent, I can see why it got bad reviews, and it feels like it's lacking in content overall. Maps are pretty hit or miss. Still having fun with it, though. It's like BF3 & 4 on steroids.
EA Play is great. It's free with my GamePass Ultimate.