Last Video Game Played

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Been playing Syphon Filter and it's fair to say it really hasn't aged well at all in a lot of aspects. :lol Spent like my first couple of hours fighting with the controls but I think I've got used to those PS1 shooter controls now and I've been enjoying the game despite it being pretty tough to play. I do appreciate the level design and you can clearly see where it was ahead of its time in that regard, especially with some stealth mechanics too. Shooter games sadly just don't age as well as others. Like I'd probably say racing games always age the best from that era because they are fairly simple and Gran Turismo still feels good even today.

Reactions: Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Been playing Syphon Filter and it's fair to say it really hasn't aged well at all in a lot of aspects. :lol Spent like my first couple of hours fighting with the controls but I think I've got used to those PS1 shooter controls now and I've been enjoying the game despite it being pretty tough to play. I do appreciate the level design and you can clearly see where it was ahead of its time in that regard, especially with some stealth mechanics too. Shooter games sadly just don't age as well as others. Like I'd probably say racing games always age the best from that era because they are fairly simple and Gran Turismo still feels good even today.
My favorite PS1 game to this day, and fun fact about it the virus that is mentioned in it is also mentioned Days Gone, I believe.

• Wow
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
My favorite PS1 game to this day, and fun fact about it the virus that is mentioned in it is also mentioned Days Gone, I believe.
I was doing the mostly stealth mission last night where you have to follow Phagan and you're in the suit, it was very fun. Lots of Silenced 9MM headshots :lolWhich got me a trophy I was surprised to see pop, I hadn't checked the list. I figured you can cheese the game a bit if you be sneaky around walls so the enemy AI can't see you, it made it much easier to stealth after that

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I was doing the mostly stealth mission last night where you have to follow Phagan and you're in the suit, it was very fun. Lots of Silenced 9MM headshots :lolWhich got me a trophy I was surprised to see pop, I hadn't checked the list. I figured you can cheese the game a bit if you be sneaky around walls so the enemy AI can't see you, it made it much easier to stealth after that
Nice. The main thing I love the most about it was the taser and setting peple on fire, lol

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I was stuck on the Subway section for ages when it explodes, I was not expecting this game to have some crazy like parkour movement and jumping. Controls are so sensitive too, it's a nightmare :lol

• Haha

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Yeah, it takes a bit to get use to, lol, but when you do you get it. Kind of like th tank controls from RE

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5) - A really fun game.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
NFS Heat is surprisingly good, don't sleep on it. It's free on PS Plus this month. Actually feels like some of the older games, I was not expecting that. Tried a bunch of the newer games and they never really kept me captivated for very long.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Back in this before starting the sequel

SKFhXuFHR4VLamKO8TleItaxGc4iXDFX.png

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Finished Syphon Filter today. I'm quite blown away by how long this game actually was, and how ahead of its time it was in terms of level design and stealth mechanics. Levels themselves are very diverse and original, and it's quite easy to get lost because they're not linear at all. Especially that Catacombs level, which took me an hour because I didn't realise you were supposed to tail a scientist at the start without being seen who leads you through, so I was just running around forever. :lol Like I can clearly see why this game was so impressive back in 1999. I had an absolute blast playing it, and I'll most likely continue to get the miscellaneous trophies as I did quite a few just playing normally and would enjoy the Platinum for this game, it deserves it

Reactions: Y2Jayne

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
uxdypYdPjRXXKfSc1CxiLClp.png

I am halfway through. It's gorgeous but the first game's atmosphere was creepier in my opinion. The fact that you have someone with you most of the time makes the game less scary and doesn't make you feel as isolated and weak as before.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Just realized you can hold hands, this is adorable.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Playing through Mafia 2. Adore the story in this one, flawless as far as I'm concerned, they hit all the right notes with it. Dialogue and acting is so immersive

header.jpg

Reactions: Y2Jayne and Alexa

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I had the remastered edition of Mafia 2 in the trilogy pack but a glitch prevented me from going further after a few hours